The Two Hotties Padma Lakshmi and Tom Colluchio Are Back -Top Chef New York Starts Tonight
Padma Lakshmi and Tom Colluchio are back for our viewing pleasure with the commencement of Top Chef New York tonight at 8.30pm on Arena TV.
There are some changes this series as Toby Young will be taking over the judging duties from Ted Allen who has jumped to another show on another network. Young is a best-selling British author and food critic. Early reviews from the US where the show has started give him the thumbs up.
Seriouseats says Young does not hold back. They sayLondon food criticism and nastiness go hand in hand, and Young was nasty in the best of ways.
Could he be the new Simon Cowell?
In addition, Top Chef: New York will also feature guest appearances by several culinary and mainstream stars including Martha Stewart, The Foo Fighters, Jean-Georges, Eric Ripert, Rocco DiSpirito, Wylie Dufresne, Jean-Christophe Novelli and Natasha Richardson
However what you really want to know is who are the chef’testants.
The 17 new Top Chef: New York contestants — whose ages range from 21 to 44 — are:
– Alex, a 33-year-old executive chef from New York, NY who currently resides in Los Angeles, CA.
– Ariane, a 41-year-old chef and restaurant owner from Verona, NJ.
– Carla, a 44-year-old chef and catering business owner from Nashville, TN who currently resides in Washington, D.C.
– Danny, a 26-year-old executive chef from New Hyde Park, NY.
– Fabio, a 30-year-old restaurant owner from Florence, Italy who currently resides in Moorpark, CA.
– Gene, a 33-year-old executive sushi chef and chef consultant from Whitmore Village, HI who currently resides in Las Vegas, NV.
– Hosea, a 26-year-old executive chef and restaurant owner from Taos, NM who currently resides in Boulder, CO.
– Jamie, a 30-year-old executive chef from New York, NY. who currently resides in San Francisco,
– Jeff, a 30-year-old chef du cuisine from Niceville, FL who currently resides in Miami, FL.
– Jill, a 28-year-old executive chef from Latrobe, PA who currently resides in Baltimore, MD.
– Lauren, a 24-year-old chef tournant from Cincinnati, OH who is currently stationed at Fort
Stewart in Georgia.
– Leah, a 27-year-old sous chef from Scarsdale, NY who currently resides in New York, NY.
– Melissa, a 28-year-old sous chef from Maryland who currently resides in Boulder, CO.
– Patrick, a 21-year-old culinary student from Quincy, MA who currently resides in Hyde Park, NY.
– Radhika, a 28-year-old executive chef from Chicago, IL.
– Richard, a 27-year-old executive sous chef from Long Island, NY who currently resides in San Diego, CA.
– Stefan, a 35-year-old chef from Tampere, Finland who currently resides in Santa Monica, CA.
By the way Bravo TVare now selling I heart Padma t-shirts for $24.95.
Don’t worry hubbie I have got one ordered for you for Valentine’s Day.
Top Design 2 a fantastic reality TV show where interior designers compete against each other also commences tonight at 9.30pm on Arena. As does the Australian made series The Phone which debuts on Fox 8 at 8.30pm. This show is like The Amazing Race where a person is given clues by phone that they have to follow to win the $25,000 prize money.