New Reality TV Shows For 2009
There are a quite a few new reality TV shows commencing this year. Ladette to Lady, and Masterchef are two I have recently written about.
However one show that Channel 9 has high hopes for in the important 7.00pm time slot is Home Made. This show is about ten professional interior designers making over neighbouring homes in order to compete for a cash prize. Each week the designers are split into two teams and they have $50,000 each and five days to completely renovate the interior. A panel of design experts (judges yet to be announced) decide who’s done the best job. Then one from the losing team is eliminated.
David Heimann co-owner of the store Orson & Blake will host and play mentor to the designers.
Each designer takes one room each in the house, so they get to showcase their own talents but they must also work with their teammates to ensure it ties in with the rest of the house.
The last designer standing will win $100,000.
- Other new reality TV series are:
Shear Genius – A local version of hte hit US series will be made. Twelve hairdressers compete to claim the title of Shear Genius. Host and judges yet to be announced.
- The Contender Australia – The US show is hosted by Sylvester Stallone and produced by Survivor’s Mark Burnett. A local version of the show will be made.
- For Richer For Poorer – This show will be hosted by Jules Lund and it will have newlywed couples pitted against each other in a series of challenges to see whose relationship proves the strongest.
Others that will be returning will be:
- Dancing With The Stars,
- Project Runway Australia,
- Battle Of The Choirs,
- Australian Idol, and
- Football Superstars
And US reality TV shows that will be screening in 2009 will include:
- The Amazing Race,
- Survivor Gabon,
- America’s Next Top Model
- Project Runway,
- The Real Housewives of New York City
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta.