Natalie Bassingthwaite – Is There Any Magazine Or Newspaper This Week That She Is Not In?
You would have to be in coma or illiterate to not know So You Think You Can Dance Australia is starting this Sunday.
As the publicity machine is in overdrive with the show’s host, Natalie Bassingthwaite, in just about every magazine and newspaper in the country. If Mastermind were to be revived my specialist subject on the show could be “The Bass”.
In the interviews Natalie talks about the criticism she attracted last year. In an article in the Courier Mail she said to expect an improvement:
Bassingthwaighte has two words for her early critics – watch out.
“I just think bagging someone that is just having a go is not healthy for the soul or good for being Australian but, in saying that, I get it and it’s a job,” she says.
“I never said, ‘I am going to do this show and I am the most brilliant host in the world’. I said, ‘I will have a go’. All I will say is I hope that that does make young girls go, ‘I am going to have a go too’. I am OK with it (now, but) at the time it was hard.”
I find it strange that she would think people were not going judge her on her performance? Her role is pivotal to the success of the show. And if it ain’t working of course viewers were going bag it. At the beginning she was not great but by the end of the series that had been a huge improvement and I suspect she will be great this season.
In the TV Week article she say’s the following:
- A lot more professional dancers auditioned this year;
- She is enjoying the role a lot more this year as she is not as nervous,
- She is not in contact with any of last year’s dancers but she does see them out and about every now and then,
- Her film Prey will be out this year,
- She hasn’t had a chance to miss the Rogue Traders,
- Her boyfriend Cameron helped her a lot with her solo album, and they co-wrote a song,
- Her New Year’s resolution is to not take on board too much, and enjoy every moment,
- She will not be returning to Neighbours.
Now if you still need more Natalie Bassingthwaite and SYTYCDA news here is another article in The Age.