Ladette to Lady Is It Going To Be So Bad It Will Be Good?

ladette-to-lady-aust-cast

Now I wouldn’t normally think a bunch of unruly girls belching, farting and spewing on national TV would be good entertainment, but that was before I had seen the British series of Ladette To Lady.

And now there will be an Australian version, where apparently our girls are even more badly behaved than the Brits.

The Australian version of the show is about to start on Channel 9 on Monday 16 February at 9.30pm (late timeslot due to profanities I presume), and will be followed again by another episode on the 17 February at 9.30pm.

Over six weeks eight Australian ladettes will be drilled in the traditional disciplines of the British ruling classes by the UK series principal, Gill Harbord, and Rosemary Shrager, the vice-principal and chef. They will be given various tasks in deportment, elocution, flower arranging, etiquette, cookery and other ladylike pursuits.

But I presume they will also be allowed out with enormous amounts of alcohol so the ladette behaviour can emerge.

Early reviews of the show are split the herald sun call it a TV disgrace whereas Your TV says it is a must see TV show.

On the 16th of February we will be able to make our own decision about the show.

1 onadrought { 02.04.09 at 6:57 pm }

I think it’s going to be hilarious. If I was younger, it’s one reality show I’d go on. I am sure I could get drunk and drop a few farts.

2 bella vita { 02.04.09 at 11:09 pm }

australian princess anyone?

3 Reality Raver { 02.05.09 at 12:24 am }

Onadrought- If I known they were flying the cast to England I would have tried out.

Bella Vita – I must have repressed Australian Princess as I never remember it. Did they have a second series and did anyone watch it?

4 Injera { 02.06.09 at 8:54 am }

In response to your question, RR, yes and… yes. It was abysmal, but – what can I say? – that’s just the kind of viewing I love! Phony aristos, Jackie O, country girls trading RMs and moleskins for really shiny ruched taffeta and high heels and a winner (second series) called Kylie Booby. What’s not to love!

5 bella vita { 02.07.09 at 1:43 am }

hhahah..how tragic am i! I own both series on DVD! Shame on you RR for not remembering Kylie Booby from Series 2. You may also recall that Abby Valdez from Series 1 is currently one of the biggest plus size models in the world (was featured on ACA last year) Winner of Series 2, Kylie, was recently in Womans Day i think…married now..and happy to be rid of the name Booby!
Ratings for series 2 were pathetic…as is anything Jackie O has done (Undercover Angels anyone?)

6 Reality Raver { 02.07.09 at 2:44 pm }

Injera and Bella Vita I have a very poor memory due to too much hard liquor, but once I google Kylie Booby it all came flooding back.

I think Ladette to Lady will be much better as there will be no Australia C grade celebs to kill it.