So You Think You Can Dance Australia – Melbourne and Adelaide Auditions.

If  you don’t have a viral marketing campaign out at the moment you are just not hip. Here is the one doing the rounds for So You Think You Can Dance Australia. It was filmed in a Pitt street food hall in Sydney.

Just a few thoughts on tonight’s episode of So You Think You Can Dance Australia:

• If you are going to have Wade Robson uber choreographer on the show, why not give him more than two minutes of screentime?
  • Does Bonnie have a collection of fluro coloured leather jacket? And in Adelaide she dressed like Mutton Spice. Can they import Hele Mirren’s stylist please.
  • Can Jason Gilkison be permanently on the judging panel? Or because he is such a good choreographer does it make more sense for him to take on that role?
  • My theory that average people from other states should go to the smaller cities to audition was again proven when the only person in Adelaide to get a ticket straight to the top 100 was from Melbourne.
  • Should Jason Coleman had to have absented himself from the judging panel in Melbourne as some of the people who were auditioning may have been students from his school Ministry of Dance?
  • If they are going to pretend to have a day 1 and day 2 of auditions, at least get the continuity right. One minute Natalie was greeting people after choreography in black and the next she was in a cream top. This also occurred with the judges outfits.
  • Was it ever worked out last year what it meant on Matt Lee’s cap I heart VZ?

The auditions are now over, and the quality of dancers does indeed live up to the hype of being better than last year. Next the top 100 and by next Wednesday we will have our top 20 dancers.

1 Bill Austin { 02.05.09 at 9:37 am }

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)

Award Code

Bill Austin

2 Injera { 02.06.09 at 8:57 am }

Mutton Spice! Love it! Actually, I think I’ve seen that at the market. It might have been called “Mutton Spice Rub”, which has just given me a visual of Nigel and Bonnie that I’d like to forget…

3 bloggery { 02.06.09 at 2:16 pm }

oh dear me…. i heart VZ means i love Von Zipper, its a brand. here u are critisising everyone and everything, yet you dont know a common popular brand

4 Reality Raver { 02.06.09 at 3:00 pm }

Bloggery – I am not really sure what knowing my brand names has to do with reality TV. If I knew about fashion I would blog about it. But now you mention it I must have looked it up last year. Good to know Matt Lee is doing his bit for climate change and the recession by recycling last years caps.
Or maybe he is paid to wear it.

5 Culinary Boner { 02.06.09 at 3:32 pm }

Well bugger me, bloggery, i thought ‘i heart VZ’ might have meant ‘i love Venezuala’ and that this means Matt isn’t just Inspector Gadget’s lovechild but is also a pinko supporter of the evil socialist government of Hugo Chavez. Guess this means the CIA can now delete Matt from their watchlist of dangerous subversives. Thanks for enlightening me. Now better take care not get me boner caught in von zipper.

6 Adelaide totally turned it on | AdelaideDance.Com { 02.06.09 at 5:48 pm }

[…] 2. So You Think You Can Dance Australia – Melbourne and Sydney Auditions… My theory that average people from other states should go to the smaller cities to audition was again proven when the only person in Adelaide to get a ticket straight to the top 100 was from Melbourne… reality ravings… more… […]

7 bella vita { 02.07.09 at 12:45 am }

ok…so some inside goss…

Yes many of the Melbourne dancers tonight go to Ministry of Dance, in fact one of them (that got through to the top 100) is on his teaching staff.
Also a certain cheerleader teacher had made the top 20 apparantly.

Wade Robson was well wasted..such a talented guy who deserves more recognition in Australia.

Re: Jason Gilkinson, I heard rumors that this year they wanted him to have more of role and look to making the judging panel 4 people permanently if he goes ok.

8 Reality Raver { 02.07.09 at 2:19 pm }

Bella Vita – I think there needs to be more transparency regarding the judges connections with the auditionees.
I wasn’t to enamoured of the cheerleader teacher.
Agree regarding Wade Robson great talent, great attitude, small ego. I was disappointed they did not showcase him more or allow him to help select the dancers after the choreography round something Kelley Abbey has been able to do.

Why have a fourth judge just replace one of the ones they have got. I would be happy with a judging panel of Jason Coleman, Kelley Abbey and Jason Gilkison. Also makes sense to have a ballroom dancer on the panel. Sorry Bonnie but if your last name was not Lythgoe you would not be on the panel. Not that I am adverse to nepotism mind you.