So You Think You Can Dance Australia – Top 100 – What Can We Take From This Episode?
Tonight’s episode continued where last night’s took off with the contemporary dance routine. After this was completed only 60 dancers were left.
It was an episode that had lots of tips for future dancers watching who may be contemplating auditioning next year. Use this as your bible in the Top 100.
Lesson’s learnt include:
- Don’t admit to the judges like Demi’s brother Carlos that you have not taken any dance classes in the previous year. This bit of advice is particularly pertinent if you live in Melbourne as you have no excuse as you should be going to Jason Coleman’s Ministry of Dance.
- Don’t sass back at the judges ala Sisco as when it comes to a pissing competition Jason Coleman is always going to win.
- If you are going to pull an all nighter make sure you are with as sane as people as possible, and with dancers that are in or close to your genre -B-boy Chopstick was one such casualty;
- If you all have different styles listen to the person who knows what they are doing and follow. A perfect example was the team who danced to Georgia On My Mind led by the dancer who was in The Lion King it was fantastic. He must be a dead cert for top 20;
- Make sure you do a lot of stunning lifts to impress the judges as this was something the top 20 from last year struggled with so you will gain extra brownie points, ala the group that danced to Dreamweaver,
- If you get a sexy sultry song like Prince’s When Doves Cry do NOT make it as unsexy as possible – skankiness does not equal sexiness;
- In group dances don’t incorporate “little camp slaps” as Nigel Lythgoe hates them and it will get you eliminated, bye bye Omar;
- Also confessing up to weird forms of dyslexia where you cannot tell which side of the body is which will also get you eliminated as no one will want to partner you. Sorry Renee but there may be a role for you on Ripley’s Believe It Or Not;
- When you get into the ballroom routine and you are male midge try not to get stuck with the tall amazon woman – it’s all about the lifts baby;
- If your wife is sitting on the judging panel don’t pretend to spit on your hand and slap the arse of a sizzling hot Brazilian female dancer, this is particularly bad if your wife is still in love with you, and/or the dancer is 30 years your junior; and
- If you are as hot Henry Byalikov and you get into the top 20 shave your chest.
Tonight’s the cap on Matt Lee is sponsored by Dons Smallgoods.