So You Think You Can Dance – Easter Special

Tonight on SYTYCDA it was an Easter special, with an overview of all the group dancers, and some new routines from the eliminated dancers.

Just a few thoughts on the show:

• Is Stephen the most unlucky dancer on the show. Ever. Before he was eliminated he was paired with Ash-Leigh the most unpopular girl, and a pretty ordinary dancer outside her ballroom genre, and then tonight he was paired with Max. Max who was eliminated in the first week, was probably the weakest dancer in the comp and this was shown tonight in the Adam Williams routine, which all Stephen was required to do was lift her and do a couple of back flips. Just as I realised what a great dancer he was he was eliminated. Talia had been in the same situation having to dance with Emmanuel but just managed to survive to flourish after he was eliminated. Who you get paired with is so important.
  • The group routines have been fantastic this year and it was not hardship to have to watch them again.
  • Charlie seemed to get the best editing tonight of the four, I suspect this is because he is the wittiest of the bunch.
  • Nacho Pop is back from his exile, oops sorry I meant his road trip. His routine for Pania and Emmanuel was beyond ordinary and if his contract is renewed next year it will be a travesty.
  • The Gianne and Loredo Pebbles and Bam Bam routine was my personal favourite tonight, but their body language quite telling when they were chatting to the judges it was like they could not stand any further apart. I wonder if there is friction between them.
  • The weakest dancers in the top 20, confirmed for me tonight, were Max, Penny, and Damien (his feet in his foxtrot were just awful).
  • Finally Matt Lee uber judge and choreographer top 4 routine was dull, and was nowhere near as good as the other group routines we have seen this season.

Next Sunday it is back to normal and the competition and show is very close to coming to its conclusion.

1 Anonymous { 04.13.09 at 12:30 am }

The camera work in the Top 4 group routine was craaaaaapy crap crap crap CRAP crapola. Majorly favoured towards Charlie, and Amy. It was so frustrating to watch. I was bending my neck to try to see Talia and Ben!

Yep, I think Charlie was edited favourably tonight, and also Amy, who would just not shut up. Mini-Bonnie.

After watching all of the group routines again tonight, my opinion on this season is as firm as ever: Talia FTW.

2 bella vita { 04.13.09 at 9:13 pm }

boring show…i skipped through parts of it

I agree with your comments about Steven..he must be so pissed off. What makes me laugh is that in every interview with Damien, he goes on about Henry from last year etc etc, lets face it Damo..you are no Henry so get over yourself!

Counting down to ANTM….

3 Reality Raver { 04.13.09 at 9:49 pm }

Snap Bella Vita I was thinking that about how Damien sees himself as Henry but is nowhere near as good. I meant to write that but was in holiday mode….
Henry has charisma and managed to cross over to other genres. Damien could barely do his own.

Anon – in the TV Week their poll shows Charlie is the most popular with Talia nipping at his heels. Amy’s hair ws not great last night either it looked very strange, like they put up half of it and then ran out of time to do the rest.

4 Anonymous { 04.13.09 at 10:27 pm }

oh, i haven’t seen that poll and can’t find it online – how far behind talia were ben and amy?

are you talking about her hair when she was in the red dress? that’s what she looked like on the last results show, it was bloody awful. she’s so desperate.

5 Reality Raver { 04.13.09 at 10:30 pm }

Yes re: hair.

Poll results is in mag the question Who do you want to see win SYTYCDA?
Charlie 32%
Talia 30%
Amy 22%
Ben 16%

They don’t say how many people voted.

6 Dolph Ziggler { 04.14.09 at 4:40 pm }

If these polls are right and Charlie is to win, I suggest he submit his head to model for this year’s winner’s trophy. Go the jug ears.

7 Anonymous { 04.15.09 at 2:42 pm }

Latest SportingBet figures:
Talia – 2.20
Charlie – 2.50
Ben – 5.50
Amy – 7.00

Haha, it’s totally different to TV Week! Honestly, I don’t care what order they are in, as long as Talia wins. Just once I want the best dancer to win one of these things.

8 Reality Raver { 04.15.09 at 5:09 pm }

Yeah I hope she wins also. Also a ballet dancer on these shows are so rare they are all contemporary/jazz dancers.

I am still not discounting Ben to win. It might be worthwhile putting a lazy $10 on him.

9 Reality Raver { 04.15.09 at 5:10 pm }

The thing about Charlie is that he has the reality TV gold voting block behind him – Dubbo. Remember Kate DArrugo and the town of Bendigo gave her the Idol title. Now that was embarrassing.

10 Anonymous { 04.15.09 at 5:12 pm }

True – and a ballet dancer of this calibre is even rarer.

I reckon Ben is the dark horse. I’m not confident in him winning, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the runner-up. I think he has cornered the same voters who liked Carl Risely on Idol. Charlie appears to have lost steam ever since he split with Penny, and Amy’s bland.

11 Anonymous { 04.15.09 at 5:14 pm }

I didn’t watch that season of Idol – who was Kate up against in the final?

Talia has the Queensland Ballet behind her! (lol, man, I want her to win so badly)

12 Anonymous { 04.16.09 at 2:19 am }

Damiens feet werent great in the routine at all.
But it still looked nice.
Ive seen most of his interviews- but I dont see where he says hes better than henry. He has said that he will obviously be compared to henry but not that he thinks hes better. unless we are seeing different interviews :S