So You Think You Can Dance – Easter Special
Tonight on SYTYCDA it was an Easter special, with an overview of all the group dancers, and some new routines from the eliminated dancers.
Just a few thoughts on the show:
- Is Stephen the most unlucky dancer on the show. Ever. Before he was eliminated he was paired with Ash-Leigh the most unpopular girl, and a pretty ordinary dancer outside her ballroom genre, and then tonight he was paired with Max. Max who was eliminated in the first week, was probably the weakest dancer in the comp and this was shown tonight in the Adam Williams routine, which all Stephen was required to do was lift her and do a couple of back flips. Just as I realised what a great dancer he was he was eliminated. Talia had been in the same situation having to dance with Emmanuel but just managed to survive to flourish after he was eliminated. Who you get paired with is so important.
- The group routines have been fantastic this year and it was not hardship to have to watch them again.
- Charlie seemed to get the best editing tonight of the four, I suspect this is because he is the wittiest of the bunch.
- Nacho Pop is back from his exile, oops sorry I meant his road trip. His routine for Pania and Emmanuel was beyond ordinary and if his contract is renewed next year it will be a travesty.
- The Gianne and Loredo Pebbles and Bam Bam routine was my personal favourite tonight, but their body language quite telling when they were chatting to the judges it was like they could not stand any further apart. I wonder if there is friction between them.
- The weakest dancers in the top 20, confirmed for me tonight, were Max, Penny, and Damien (his feet in his foxtrot were just awful).
- Finally Matt Lee uber judge and choreographer top 4 routine was dull, and was nowhere near as good as the other group routines we have seen this season.
Next Sunday it is back to normal and the competition and show is very close to coming to its conclusion.