So You Think You Can Dance – The Finale

And the best dancer wins…..

Australia got it right, as I think they did last year on So You Think You Can Dance. I loved the way Jason Coleman said how he had wanted her to win. “I wanted the best person to be wearing the green and gold, and I think we have got it.”.

Matt Lee said something intelligent tonight ” Kelley Abbey you are a freak”. It was was an amazing opening number with a pre-record, and then going into a live dancing. I thought Kelley managed to get the characterisation of Penny perfectly. She made sure she was was jiggling her boobs at the camera.

I hope Nigel Lythgoe did see the routine as she deserves to get some choreography spots on the US version of SYTYCD Season Five.

Bonnie Lythgoe, is so cute when Nigel is around. She is obviously still madly in love with him, and that is amazing after over 30 year together. She said yesterday in Daily Telegraphs she was flying back to US to be with him. So they must be back together.

Also props to Natalie BassingthwaiteΒ  for being such a great host this year. One hundred per cent improvement from last year. Much less scripted, relaxed, and no crazy eyes. I hope she is signed on for next year. Only issue for tonight was she looked like she was channelling Sandi from Grease on prom night.

Lucky for the producers the top 4 favourite routines voted by the public on their website managed to showcase one of the top 4 in each. Hmm.

Ben was the first to be eliminated, this was to be expected if you were looking at the polls, he never gained any traction.Β  I love the way they keptΒ panning the camera to his girlfriend in the audience. She is stunning.

Amy was the next to go, and we had the predicted top 2.

Talia danced Charlie off the stage in the jive number, and I loved how Nat B explained that the dance had been rehearsed with all the possible top 2 combinations. Just so the conspiracy theorists *Raver blushes and looks to floor* don’t go off about they must have known Charlie and Talia were top 2 etc etc.

However I would have loved to have seen that routine being done my two boys or two girls, obviously the lifts would not have been in it.

AND THEN TALIA WON!!!! Fully deserved and she will get to dance on the final of SYTYCD in the US. Maybe this may motivate Channel Ten to fasttrack the series from the US. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow I will write an overview of my thoughts of Season 2 of SYTYCDA. But what a great series it has been.

1 KC { 04.26.09 at 11:01 pm }

YAY Talia won πŸ˜€ I love Kelley Abbey’s opening routine πŸ˜€ It was SO awesome πŸ˜€ The finale show was really awesome actually πŸ˜€ I can’t wait to watch America’s SYTYCD and then the finale for that which will be AWESOME CAUSE TALIA IS DANCING ON IT πŸ˜€ YAY! I really liked this season of SYTYCD Aus and I have to say, in a general sense, I think it was better than last year but there are still improvements to be made but its still awesome πŸ˜€ Man I love this show πŸ˜€

2 Anonymous { 04.27.09 at 12:05 am }

The best dancer wins! YES!

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

3 onadrought { 04.27.09 at 8:44 am }

Was Nat Bass wearing a wig? I agree that she did a great job this year, but considering she is a natural beauty, I think they could get her look better.

Talia has star quality. Mesmerising to watch and an amazing dancer in all genres.
How about that guest performance by that couple where they were dancing like they were as light as a feather? Awesome.

Loved Amy’s suitcase dance again.

I think Ben is great. He says he wants to go into choreography but I think he’d be a great broadway dancer and contemporary dancer.

4 bella vita { 04.27.09 at 1:34 pm }

its over..finally…if i had to see Nat Bass’s face plastered all over the mags once more i would throw up.

Congrats to Talia…a deserving winner..and congrats also to Ben and Amy who were very humbled and not at all jealous when knocked out. Charlie looked pretty pissed off with all that fake smiling…I think he needs to get his ears pinned back.

Really good show…was interesting to watch the choreographers dance in that Kill Bill routine, i thought they were really sloppy and not together at all.

Kelly Abbey as usual is an absolute genius. Both her and Jason Gilkinson need to be shown on the world stage for the amazing talents they both are.

Yes i agree with Bonnie being totally gushy over ex hubby Nigel….i thought it was hilarious how proud she looked of being the “artistic director” of that ballroom dancing number which was bland and boring.

Matt Lee I thought actually did a good job last night…very relaxed and actually relevant for once. Hilariously funny on Rove when he took his hat off.

The Rove episode was actually really good…Nat Bass started to get drunk…Gretel was her usual molish self and Sarah Murdoch was just fab.

Bring on the biggest loser finale tonight and ANTM.

5 AWT { 04.27.09 at 5:16 pm }

I think it’s pretty poor form that almost every article I have read today has misspelled Talia’s name.

RR – I laughed so hard at this line “I thought Kelley managed to get the characterisation of Penny perfectly. She made sure she was was jiggling her boobs at the camera.”

6 Gronk { 04.27.09 at 11:24 pm }

Hey mr. Raver.
There were 3 very different Routines rehearsed for the possible combination of final 2.
Boy/Boy Girl/ Girl Boy/Girl
There was 4 possible combinations of boy/girl.
All were rehearsed at great length.
All were amazing.
Jason Gilkinson was responsible for all.

7 Reality Raver { 04.27.09 at 11:49 pm }

Gronk – Jason G is a genius. I want him to spend more time on the judging panel but also I want him to choreograph. A major talent.

Bella Vita – I wish I had watched Rove, but I cannot control the remote all the time unfortunately.