Australia’s Next Top Model – Some Belated Thoughts.
After all the hype Australia’s Next Top Model Season Five finally started and it was straight into it with the final 13 bitchy antics.
Here are just a few observation on Episode 1:
- Sarah Murdoch in her first episode looked more confident and relaxed than previous host Jodhi Meares was after two seasons. She appeared to adlib at times and there was no sight of the cheap plastic clipboard that was Jodhi crutch during the elimination scenes.
- Charlotte Dawson is tall, thin, beautiful and funny, but why are the only two things moving on her face are her lips and eyeslids. She really did not need to be botoxed within an inch of her life, as it would be nice see some expression when she is spouting her witticisms.
- Is judge and fashion designer Alex Perry a straight guy in a gay guys body?
- Judge Priscilla Leighton-Clark in the Ivy scenes showed she was self conscious of her body by continually tugging on her jacket when she was standing next to the other two judges. She needs to realise she is there for her expertise as a modelling agent/business woman, not as a model/show pony. It should be ok to be a female and oversize 12 on TV. If she is feeling not great about it she should turn on Masterchef Australia and see judge food critic Matt Preston whose overblown jowls does not appear to effect his self-confidence.
- It would be a good idea for Johnathan Pease who was criticised last year for getting to close to the young modelettes from manhandling them when they came off the catwalk. Also he appears to think his new characterisation this year of being a bit of a hard nose bastard will save him from ANTM oblivion. And Johnathan stop plagarising iconic Project Runway mentor Tim Gunn’s mantra “Make it work,”.
- The producers have got the formula right in mixing a group girls, with a lot of boredom due to being confined to barracks which results in mega bitchiness. Why are none of the modelettes ever sighted picking up a book?
- Cassi Van Den Dungen was hilarious when she dropped the F-Bomb on the catwalk, but I would have been cursing a lot more if I had to walk in those shoes. I am surprised one of the girls is not a paraplygic from those shoes.
Laura T who we did not get to know was the first girl eliminated.