Australia’s Next Top Model – And Now There Are Six.

It was the style challenge tonight and it did not take long for Harper’s Bazaar Fashion Director, Claudia Navonne, to rasp in her voice that must have smoked a 1000 cigarettes that Cassie Van Den Dungen was a bogan.

To be fair to Cassie she has little money so probably shops at Supre and payless shoes. Personally I thought Claudia should have had a go at Lola who looked very big (for a model) in a micro mini dress and she was standing pigeon toed.

The girls were then divided in to three groups and the challenge was to style the other girl in a current trend. One was floral english, one was urban traveller, and the other is power dressing rock chick style. But the catch was they only had five minutes to do it in so the result was horrendous.

Lola and Cassie at the end of the challenge looked like they had grabbed clothes from their local salvation army store rather than the designer racks of Harpers Bazaar.

Next it was off to a Alex Perry casting as he had a couple of spots he had left in his show which was going to be on the Queen Mary 2. Does Franky do anything but bitch about everyone. Franky was snippy about Clare’s walk, which I interpreted as jealously which would have intensified when Clare was picked to do the show. Adele was picked as was Tahnee.

I loved the way Cassie thought that Clare’s personality which she thinks is “bland and mannerish” may stop her winning the competition. Then Cassie with a straight face to camera thinks her “bright and young” personality has what it takes.

It was interesting to see all the mother’s, especially Cassie’s. And of course there were tears flowing etc. Host Sarah Murdoch again showed she was all class with her mingling effortlessly with the mothers at the high tea they put on  for them.

The Queen Mary looked fabulous, and one of the perks for Alex Perry was to get free labor from the modelettes to finish setting up the catwalk.

Lola thought putting numbers on a chair demeaning. What does she do in her day job. She is only 20 years-old, I thought you only did drudge work at that age anyway.

Clare did an amazing job and Tahnee looked so curvaceous in her little black dress. My prediction is Tahnee, Clare and Adele will end up being the top three.

The photographic shoot was beachside wearing Chanel. Cassi choked and Johnathan Pease said “she was making it look more Jeans West.”

Richard Freeman the photographer had a go about the size of Lola’s thighs. Clare who has had a dream run through the competition also faltered.

I thought it was interesting that Johnathan Pease thought Adele and Tahnee were now the front runners in the competition, but at the judges table the photographer said that most of Tahnee’s shots were catalogue. Your shots being called catalogue appears to be about the biggest insult in the modelling world.

Adele’s name was called first, and it was no surprise that Laura was sent home, as she has been awful for weeks.  Now they are down to five it must be getting close to the overseas location shoot. And since it will be sponsored by Virgin it will either be Los Angeles or Hong Kong. My pick is LA.

1 Anonymous { 06.03.09 at 11:09 am }

Clare ftw.

2 Reality Raver { 06.03.09 at 1:54 pm }

It is definately hers to lose.

3 bella vita { 06.03.09 at 4:05 pm }

Def one of the weaker episodes of the season thus far.

How in their right mind could they allow heffalump Lola aka Leidon to still be in the competition? A cross between a man, a gorilla, and a transexual. Didnt notice how pigeon toed she was until last night.

Laura walking in the Alex Perry store had her legs so far apart i thought something was gonna crawl up in between them.

Dear Dear Cassi. What sort of mother allows her 16yo daughter to stay behind in Australia with a 26yo fiance!!! while she goes living overseas. Like mother, like daughter.

Surely Jonathan could be sued by Jeans West by that remark? Fair enough call, but not nice for the company to hear that…would be hilarious if Cassi ended up as the face of them!

Sarah Murdoch…the ultimate professional. I just want to bow when i see her..she is so regal, so warm and friendly…what a star!

4 CG { 06.03.09 at 4:06 pm }

I really don’t like Clare from what we’ve seen on the show. But this year’s group is dreadful and she may be best of the worst. I do like Tahnee’s look though but it is clear she is not as mature as Clare an this will probably factor.

Will be interesting to see how Sarah Murdoch handles inevitable discussions amongst the judges in the coming shows about Lola’s size and shape given Sarah is on some government-appointed body to help young girls improve body image.

But I can tell you Sarah Murdoch’s body is real. I ran into her at the Bourke Street Bakery in Surry Hills a few weeks ago. It was pretty funny, she drove up and parked right in front of the bakery in a no-parking area in this huge dark blue Mercedes. I don’t know what model number the Merc is but it was huge. She came in and ordered a coffee and two pastries and was off. She was absolutely gorgeous in jeans, white-t and Converse sneakers and without any (visible) make-up.

5 Reality Raver { 06.03.09 at 11:41 pm }

CG and Bella Vita : She is gorgeous and stylish and is a great addition to the show. Bella Vita I agree I was a bit underwhelmed by the episode last night, but I thought this was because I was watching it so late.

CG – Agree re: Lola. Last night I was surprised to see how big she was for a model. Her mother when she saw her said she had lost a lot of weight. She does take good photos, but I don’t see her winning as she is so dreadful on the catwalk.

6 grimmy { 06.04.09 at 1:59 am }

After last year’s hulla-ba-loo re the bullying, I am saddened by the way Cassie gets treated. She is constantly degraded by these adults. I thought one of them would have spoken up by now – but it seems that it is OK to demean a 16 year old who obviously has a lot of sadness.
Lola is just awful. She looked terrible in those jeans . Why is she there? Oh that’s right – to make it a drama.
And has anyone else noticed the SIZE of the crazy blonde’s pupils? They were not affected by the lights – the only things that do that are stimulants.
And what about the guy – Stones (!!?!) – who said one of them was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen! He really doesn’t get out much. That is one big statement. What about Nicole Kidman, Sarah Murdoch, Alice B, on and on and on.
And that photographer – he took some terrible shots. Not lit properly, poorly framed, distorted dimensions……
This is one terrible series of a terrible show. “We walked down the street and then we walked around the corner. Then we walked into this room and then walked up some stairs…..we went along a corridor and ……”. “OOOOHWEEEE….. Sarah Mail…..OOOHWEEEE…..”; and I cannot get started on the manipulative editing.
I feel dirty every time I watch it. I must stop.

7 Anonymous { 06.04.09 at 2:39 am }

Cassi is demeaned more by the show than by the other contestants. I can understand why the contestants treat Cassi that way, especially since she is an outright bitch and bully to others herself. They are all horrible to each other, really, although I think recently eliminated Laura, and Clare, are above it all. But the producers and the show are who is demeaning Cassi. She shouldn’t be there, and they know it, but they’re using her and risking the wellbeing of the other girls in the house at the same time. It’s dumb.

With all the talk about size, I’m waiting for them to call Tahnee up. When you take into account her height, she is heavier or about the same as Lola. But they’ll never raise it, since she’s their favourite (I don’t get it, Tahnee is like Steph H 2.0 to me).

8 Anonymous { 06.04.09 at 9:08 am }

PS – I’m so sick of this being the fucking Cassie show. For example, in this episode, Clare was extremely sick for days, and even went to the hospital – of course, the cameras filmed everything. (An insider on rtvgames has the info – they have been correct with the eliminations so far.) Why didn’t they show it? Oh wait, wouldn’t want to get the viewers sympathising with Clare since we’ve got our curvy size 12 models can do it (Tahnee) and aw, look at the deranged ugly duckling turn into a swan (Cassie) storylines to play with. Ugh. I thought the show would be better with Sarah at the helm, but the favouritism is as blatant as ever.

9 grimmy { 06.04.09 at 12:37 pm }

cheers to the above.

10 Reality Raver { 06.04.09 at 12:52 pm }

Grimmy and anon – Agree with the treatment of Cassie and the editing. Claudia from Harper’s Bazaar probably went through most girls like a dose of salts with what they were wearing but only Cassie and Clare was shown as being criticised. Yes Cassie clothes were cheap as in expensive, but she was not the worse dressed there. I thought Lola looked dreadful in the micro mini.

I hope Cassi is getting psychological support from the show since she is being villified and put down so much, and as you pointed out her mother ideas on parenting are a bit strange. So she needs some support from somewhere, and I doubt the boyfriend is providing it.
Does anyone else think he proposed because he thinks she is going to make a ton of money from modelling?

11 Reality Raver { 06.04.09 at 1:01 pm }

Anon – Forgot to add that it is so not good that they did not reveal Clare had been taken to hospital. Were they trying to reveal her as a bit of a whiner? I hope she is feeling better now.

12 Injera { 06.04.09 at 11:03 pm }

I think Lola should give up on the idea of being a model and should focus on getting that Wonder Woman film made. Megan Gale couldn’t make it happen, but I think Lola would be fab. If there’s ever a Xena remake, she’d be great for that, too – either would be good and cheesy! I think she’s gorgeous, but if I were her I’d get out of that toxic environment as soon as possible: hearing that you’re “masculine”, have “tranny feet”, thunder thighs etc week after week is just damaging.

I thought the treatment of Clare’s illness was woeful – instead of praising her for soldiering on, they did seem to be setting her up for a fail.

As far as the Cassi show goes, I’m over it and I can see where the prods are manipulating a vulnerable kid for ratings etc, but it’s a fine line. There have been many marketable meltdowns on reality TV over the years – Raver wrote about the duty of care of producers on The Punch and it provoked a lot of discussion. Essentially, casting people are looking for TV fodder and they would have questions/radar to find those wannabes who have the potential to offer controversy and drama. By now, wannabes should know the risks. Harsh? Maybe, but what can be done – weed out all the flakes and the entertainment would be gone…

13 Laura { 06.30.09 at 11:27 pm }

Hi everyone.

I am sick of the shocking eliminations from this show. Yep, Cassie stayed in this whole competition because she has a bad walk, disgusting personality (from what we’ve been shown) and has taken many bad photos whereas Adele and Claire have been emliminated because…

14 alyce { 07.11.09 at 10:02 am }

when the girls go to london and tahnee is asked to do the catwalk in one of the agencies she is wearing a blue/grey micro mini dress where is it from i want it !!!!

15 alyce { 07.11.09 at 10:04 am }

please help me !

16 claire { 09.04.09 at 3:19 pm }

its last season american apparel.. so hooot i want it