OPEN POST: MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA – SAM V TOM

As I said last night here is an open post for you to chat amongst yourselves while tonight’s episode of MasterChef Australia is on.

By the way apparently Poh is seeing a crew member from MasterChef Australia. Story on news.com.au

I will also be posting a recap.

1 Maz { 07.02.09 at 8:23 pm }

Grr… the taste tests are pretty much a 50:50 chance.

2 Anon { 07.02.09 at 8:23 pm }

OMG Sam won again!!

3 Kyvyny { 07.02.09 at 8:28 pm }

Sadly, it just wasn’t Tom’s thyme.

4 Anon { 07.02.09 at 8:34 pm }

Kyvyny-love the pun. At this rate Sam will probably take out the title of masterchef.

5 TDK { 07.02.09 at 8:44 pm }

Another lame elimination taste test.
To go out on something like this makes no sense.

6 TDK { 07.02.09 at 8:46 pm }

Even the judge said it.. “it doesn’t prove..” something or rather; then why do the test?!
The judge obviously didn’t think it was accurate, but unfortunately the show’s producers don’t care.

7 Mary { 07.02.09 at 8:47 pm }

Matt even said that this test was nothing to do with his ability as a cook. Why do they make that a test then, when they’re trying to find ‘Australia’s best cook’!!??

8 Ange { 07.02.09 at 8:52 pm }

Why did Tom try to be clever by saying thyme? It was obvious that cheese and at least 2-3 meats were in the recipe. My OH was screaming oregano at the tele when Tom was saying thyme.

9 Jacqui { 07.02.09 at 8:57 pm }

Ange i agree, they should have guessed cheese- but i guess Tom thought he would have to name the specific cheese, thats what i would have thought!

10 Injera { 07.02.09 at 9:30 pm }

Thought I could even see a bay leaf in there… Oh, Tom, why’d you break my heart? Have had more than enough of Sam.

And, George, do you think you could tell us whose MOOsaka recipe that was? Don’t think you mentioned it enough. Is your mum paying more than Campbell’s and San Remo combined?

11 Wurstsemmel { 07.02.09 at 9:31 pm }

I just knew Sam would dodge the bullet again. Arrgh.

And what is it with George and all the family recipes? it’s all Greek to me. Ha.

Tom, Tom, Tom. Why avoid the more obvious ingredients? The meats, oregano but then I thought, as commented above also, that you’d have to be specific about the cheese. I couldn’t even repeat the name of that cheese George came out with.

Such a silly elimination challenge. They might as well as made it ‘pronouce the name of the Greek cheese’. First syllable wrong wins you elimination.

12 Wurstsemmel { 07.02.09 at 9:33 pm }

Actually, Injera, maybe George was trying to give pet Sam a heavy hint with his references to MOO-saka.

13 Injera { 07.02.09 at 9:37 pm }

Didn’t think of that, Wurstsemmel! I did notice that George was being over-enthusiastically supportive of Sam: “Yes! Well done, Sam! There is salt! That’s great!”. Etc, etc.

14 Anonymous { 07.02.09 at 9:38 pm }

lol, the tabloids are hilarious. Yeah, sure, “trusted source”.

15 Reality Raver { 07.02.09 at 10:13 pm }

Kyvyny – Love the pun.

The thing about the taste tests is that it drawn out like an Eddie Maguire episode of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

16 Ange { 07.02.09 at 10:26 pm }

Was there any pepper in that MOO-saka? I bet there fucking was.

17 sourkraut { 07.03.09 at 12:27 am }

I demand the next taste test be done by contestants in the nude

18 Katie { 06.18.11 at 1:44 am }

I don’t understand why Tom was eliminated, I know they say sudden death but the two contestants guessed the same amount of ingredients correctly. Surely they should have asked Sam for his next guess to see if he would have gotten his guess right or wrong. If Sam also got his next guess wrong then the pair would be equal. Basically Tom was at a disadvantage straight away because he gave the first guess!!! (sorry if I’ve explained this badly, it seems clear to me….)