Andre’s Exit Interview And Other MasterChef News

andre-ursini_370x481

Andre Ursini was the last contestant ousted before the final week, and he talks about his experience on MasterChef Australia in Who Mag

In other MasterChef news Matt Preston talks to The Daily Telegraph about why the show is successful and how he refused to be cast as the mean ogre judge.

In the hard copy of the paper there was also a section talking about what some of the eliminated chefs were up to. Kate is enrolled in a Cordon Bleu cooking course in Paris, Josh is doing cooking classes at his family’s seafood business, and Trevor is about to buy his own restaurant. Michelle has done some small catering events in her home town, as well as doing work experience at some of the Merivale restaurants.

1 abc { 07.12.09 at 4:05 pm }

Its interesting how the Andre comments in the interview that Chris has an Indian girlfriend. Does that mean the rumours about Julia are only that – rumours?

2 Injera { 07.12.09 at 4:22 pm }

Reading between the lines, Andre seems to be having a bit of a dig at Chris, perhaps trying some psy-ops in view of all the rumours: I think one thing that stands out for me, talking to George about the industry, about hospitality, and I remember him one day saying to me, “Always in control, you’ve always got to be in control.” And that means while working and also in your personal life to be successful.

Or maybe I’m just reading too much into it!

And this doesn’t really sound like a “job” with Emmanuel, does it?”: I’ll definitely be looking into going to Singapore to do some work experience with Emmanuel.

3 Reality Raver { 07.12.09 at 6:21 pm }

Injera and Abc – I have no ideas whether rumours are true. From an article in today’s paper where the contestants don’t particularly want Chris to win they may have been spreading rumours to put him off his game. If so it is working last week was his annus horribulus (sic).

4 sourkraut { 07.12.09 at 6:54 pm }

ABC
Its obvious. Chris knew the taste test was to be a curry, so he quickly ……………………………………………..
Anyway who gives a hextuple rodent’s rectum what Andre thought?

5 TDK { 07.12.09 at 8:05 pm }

i don’t believe rumors
until something’s proven beyond reasonable doubts, it’s similar judging people without evidence

anyways, god bless Moira Kelly

6 TDK { 07.12.09 at 8:31 pm }

RR – reminder MC’s open post

7 Sooty { 07.13.09 at 12:06 am }

Isn’t he cute with that toothy smile there – and no I don’t want to shag him and show him the ways of older women, am saving myself for Matt.

I hope he follows up with Gordon and Singapore guy.

8 Jack Smith { 07.14.09 at 4:19 pm }

Andre Ursini is immature, arrogant and a touch narcissistic. Complaining after losing about winners!! A bad loser. When he opens a restaurant, he’ll learnt that complaining achieves nothing.
Jack Smith . . .

9 interesting.. { 07.20.11 at 1:58 pm }

well well well 2 years later Andre’s restaurant in Adelaide is going well. It has been opened 1.5 years now with multiple critic reviews (John Lethlean, weekend Aus) and it has been applauded. Well done Andre!