Reality Tidbits – More MasterChef – Has It Been Milked To Death Yet?

Matt  Moran says the chocolate dessert in the MasterChef Australia was dumbed down for the finale. Also he revealed he had not hired Justine because he would hate to have to sack her. Full story Courier Mail

Gary Mehigan tells why he teared up on Sunday night, and he also said the way the show was edited made it looked like the judges were showing Julie favouritism. Apparently Poh was also told her sorbet was grainy. Full story Courier Mail

Matt Preston is in Western Australia as he is writing a yarn for Delicious magazine on the food and wine that the area produces. I want his job. Source: WA Today.

The MasterChef winner Julie’s cookbook will be out in April 2010, which will time in nicely for publicity purposes with the start of the second series.  But wait there is more there will be a MasterChef MasterClass book, released before Christmas, and Matt Preston will be releasing his cookbook Cravat-a-licious before the end of the year. And this is only Random House. Full story here.

Poh and Julie reveal to TV Tonight talk about the production of the show, and reveal the food was tasted cold, and sometimes there were long days. They also thought there was very little manipulation of personalities compared to other reality TV shows.

Apparently Julia and Chris Badenoch did not bother to watch the final as they were spotted at The Standard Hotel in Fitzroy on Sunday night according to the Herald Sun.

SMH gleefully have a dig at the Daily Telegraph about their wrong headline before the end of the MasterChef Australia finale saying Poh had won. Apparently the paper had gotten the quotes from Poh at a press conference on Friday where they were both had to pretend they were winners.

Also Crikey has even more scathing story on it.

1 Eatnik { 07.22.09 at 12:01 am }

The Hun seemed to have aged Julia – I thought she was 23?

2 Anonymous { 07.22.09 at 12:17 am }

Matt’s book will be fifty times better than any other book from this show, especially Julie’s, which will just be the 35289653th version an Australian Woman’s Weekly book. Oh but wait… She has a column in Woman’s Day already. You know, that pinnacle of high cuisine *rolls eyes*.

Re: Matt Moran. Am I missing something? I didn’t see him say that he wouldn’t want to hire Justine because he couldn’t bear to fire her…

“He also revealed that popular MasterChef contestant Justine Schofield was not being employed by Aria, as had been widely believed, but is instead being mentored by Moran in an unofficial capacity.

“She’s actually not working here,” he said.

“I’m just helping her out and showing her how a commercial kitchen works. She’s been hanging out spending weekends with us.

“She’s a lovely girl. She’s actually got a lot of talent. One day she very well may work for me but at this point in time she’s just enjoying it.””

3 sourkraut { 07.22.09 at 12:32 am }

Anonymous
and she knows what a pair of puppies are for

4 Foodie { 07.22.09 at 1:37 am }

Daily Telegraph link does not work
Saw Julie on PM Project co0king for a family and she’s no chef. I could cook what she served up. mash again!!

5 Reality Raver { 07.22.09 at 1:48 am }

Sorry Anon – It was in the hard copy in the Daily Tele I glanced over that article and thought it was in it. Also Injera mentions it in a previous comment section. I swear it is true. I thought because she is going to France that is why it is only a mentorship.

Foodie link fixed.

6 Anonymous { 07.22.09 at 3:18 am }

Ooooh that makes sense. Sorry, I was confused!

7 Reality Raver { 07.22.09 at 3:09 pm }

Sorry Anon it was actually in Good Living in the SMH re: where Matt Moran had said that. I normally don’t mangle stuff up so badly just so much MasterChef australia articles around I got confused.