Dance Your Ass Off Given The Arse

Dance Your Ass Off has been cancelled after only one episode, because of poor ratings. It attracted below 800,000 viewers on the Tuesday night. So Channel 9 have reacted swiftly and canned it.

Frankly I was so pissed off I rang them to tell them so. I thought the show was much better than expected, and I think a few other viewers thought that as well.

I would have liked to have seen if the ratings would have improved after a few weeks.

Nine’s rationale for taking it off air was it pulled the ratings down for the whole of the night. They did say that Nine’s second channel will be more reality TV focused. Survivor will be scheduled on it, as well as bringing back Dance Your Ass Off.

For those who are now going to miss Trice’s Disco diva moods here they are. And for those So You Think You Can Dance fanatics, she is partnered by season 3 contestant Jesus Solario.

1 Injera { 07.23.09 at 3:05 pm }

Wow, those Nine execs are brutal! Any idea what’s going in the time slot? I do need something awfully trashy for my Tuesday night home-alone viewing.

2 Culinary Boner { 07.23.09 at 3:46 pm }

If the Nine crew were an Opposition political party, they’d be up to their 5th leader by now. Talk about a bunch of panic merchants! Thankfully, the rest of the business world doesn’t react this way.

Now here’s an idea Nine should consider. Most other businesses, and this includes the movie business, pre-test their product with consumers before launching it onto the market.

Raver, why don’t you suggest to Nine that you will put togther a reality TV viewing night of your stalwart readers, plus one or two reality TV sceptics, to pre-view their shows and advise whether they’ve got a winner or a dud. Nine can pay for the beer, wine and snacks and please not have Eddie join us.

It looks like they’ve also got a dud with the Perfect Couple crap. Why don’t they reprise Perfect Snatch, or do Ten still have the rights to this?

3 Reality Raver { 07.23.09 at 4:46 pm }

Injera – I forgot to ask I was to busy asking what was happening to Survivor. LOL. Mumbrella says that it is going to be more episodes of two and half men! at least it is not Twenty to One.

Culinary Boner – couldn’t put it better myself.

4 Sooty { 07.23.09 at 4:46 pm }

Faaaaark! Didn’t watch it, wasn’t going to watch it, but boy those Nine fellas kneejerk react! “The public like CSI, let’s run back to back CSI every night until…forever!” “Gordon Ramsay, can we get any more Gordon Ramsay!” And now, God bless them, really bad reality TV shows, like this Couples disaster-concept, or couldabeengood if someone had a sense of timing, like HomeMade. Let the programs settle you nongs! And, yes, bring back Survivor – and stick it in a decent time-slot and leave it there!!! They need our help.

My, it’s good to vent.

5 Injera { 07.23.09 at 4:52 pm }

It’s probably just indicative of my particular preferences and, therefore, the tastes in and of my friends, but I know more people who watched DYAO than watch Two and a Half Men. In fact, I don’t know anyone who watches TAAHM, yet… it must be rating, otherwise it wouldn’t be on every time I channel surf past Nine.

And Sooty, your CSI/Ramsay spiel did remind me why I never seem to watch Nine!

Survivor tonight on Arena. Yay (for pay TV subscribers, boo for people reliant on the networks)!

6 Jacqui { 07.23.09 at 4:52 pm }

This is just more reasons for me not to watch channel 9! I never watch it anymore. Why not just put two and half men on for 24 hours a day?

7 onadrought { 07.23.09 at 7:25 pm }

I am surprised. Everyone at my work was talking about Dance Your Ass Off. Culinary Boner, what happens on “Perfect Snatch”?

8 Wurstsemmel { 07.23.09 at 10:10 pm }

This really irks me about C9. They just yank a show at the drop of a hat. Same thing happened to Hell’s Kitchen. If you’re not a CSI or 2 1/2 men fan, forget it

9 sourkraut { 07.23.09 at 10:28 pm }

2.5 men is typical of the gormless american crap that ALL our commercial channels love to put on tv At least it’s not “everybody but sourkraut loves raymond or worse still the nanny, OMG I’m still thinking of suing some for partial loss of hearing due to high-pitched nasal whining/cajoling). I suggest you watch SBS or ABC.
Injera
I’m too tight arsed to pay for 70 channels of nothing, maybe if there was a package with history channel, Nat geog channel. discovery channel and a sport channel that doesn’t show 22 hours of BLOODY BORING english soccer and golf, I’d consider shelling out.
Guess I’ll have to give survivor 25 or 26 or wotever) a miss. I think I’ve already done my duty by them, unless they bring back rudy (probably 80 by now) or Rupert

10 Culinary Boner { 07.24.09 at 10:33 am }

Onadrought, a Brother electric typewriter dressed up a computer and for some bizarre reason named Dexter declares which snatch is perfect. Or at least that’s my recollection of this iconic early 80s show.

11 onadrought { 07.24.09 at 8:14 pm }

Oh, I thought it might have been where contestants were eliminated on their hairstyles.