Rumours Of The Celebs To Be On MasterChef

Celebrity MasterChef will be on our screens in October, and apparently there is quite a few celebs putting their hands up to go on it.

The rumoured celebs are Cathy Freeman, Ryan O’Keefe and Michelle Bridges. Thought apparently big names alone won’t guarantee a place in the kitchen, they will also need the ability to cook.

Who is Ryan O’Keefe?

1 CG { 07.28.09 at 12:05 am }

Ryan Okeefe is a footy player with the Sydney Swans. Didn’t he appear on DWTS a few seasons ago? I would have thought given ratings success of MC that some well-known, interesting and entertaining celebrities (who can cook or at least have an interest in cooking) would put their hands up.?

2 Anonymous { 07.28.09 at 8:06 am }

Michelle Bridges! Isn’t she the trainer from The Biggest Loser? Oh god, please, NO. She looks like she thinks the Burgen bread is putting calories on her just by looking at it. She pretty much holds food in contempt. Thumbs down, Channel Ten!

3 Wurstsemmel { 07.28.09 at 8:40 am }

I don’t think Meatloaf said 1 out of 3 ain’t bad. Ryan O’Keefe would have had no idea. Michelle Bridges – similarly had no idea until Anonymous commented. I want enjoyment in my food so she’s not a good pick. Ah, no. Actually, I’d like to see Matt Preston serve it up, go over to the dark side. And, as per CG, I’d like to see some interesting celebrities – not just your run of the mill footy and Neighbour stars. Rove perhaps? James Mathieson?I have to admit I’m struggling to think of interesting 10 celebrities.

4 BS { 07.28.09 at 9:43 am }

Like all ratings hits, producers are going to flog the crap out of the concept. In saying that though, I was not a fan of Masterchef in the beginning (along with many others) and look what happened there!! I’ll give it a go to start with. Anything has to be better than that stupid 7pm Project. But really, Michelle Bridges?? She dosn’t eat and when did she become a celebrity??

5 Anonymous { 07.28.09 at 10:24 am }

I think Michelle might surprise us. She exercises so much she must eat like a horse! And she is a mother and we all know that MasterChef gave a lot of mum’s a lot of ideas on what to feed the family. Maybe this time it might be a bit healthier.

6 BS { 07.28.09 at 10:29 am }

Thats a fair point

7 Culinary Boner { 07.28.09 at 10:35 am }

Talk about the D-list. Obviously this lot would be paying Ten for the opportunity. If we need to deglaze and scrap the bottom of the Aussie celeb pan this much why not instead bring Danny Bonaduce to these shore’s again . At least he won’t pretend to be either excited or nice.

He may even spear tackle George as he did to Jinny Fairplay in 2007 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9wK2hFmxT4.
Although on second thoughts he might need a course of ‘roids to lift George’s moussaka arse.

8 Colls Bolls { 07.28.09 at 12:00 pm }

Ryan O’keefe has never appeared on DWTS. I’ve never heard whether he can cook or not. I really like him as a footballer but would not think he’s enough of a celebrity to bring in the viewers. I would have hoped that Matthew Hayden (Australian cricketer) would be on it. He’s known to be an excellent cook.

9 TDK { 07.28.09 at 2:32 pm }

Lucas must be going “Doh! I rushed into MCA!!”

10 Injera { 07.28.09 at 3:22 pm }

Colls Bolls – Matthew Hayden was one of my least favourite cricketers so, although his interest in food/cooking fits the bill, I’m happy not to have him on the screen. Wouldn’t mind seeing Stuart McGill, though… he could match some wines!

TDK – do you think they have Double Jeopardy? Maybe Lucas could have a stab at this?

Hell’s Kitchen in the UK is a celeb (b-e list) show but having the wonderful Marco as the chef makes it worth watching. Celeb MC in the UK has not appealed to me at all, despite the fact that I love the normal MC and the Professionals. Think I’ll give this one a miss.

11 Kyvyny { 07.28.09 at 4:05 pm }

Could work with the lesser known celebs, as long as they know how to cook or really love wanting to cook. Masterchef mostly about the food, and wringing out tears, and hardly any personalities until the end of it really.

12 anonymous { 07.28.09 at 11:25 pm }

Ryan O’keefe used to come into my cafe a lot for breakfast. Very nice guy, a bit quiet.

13 sourkraut { 08.01.09 at 12:58 pm }

They should have Rodney Rude, Kevin B Wilson I’mhavindinner jan’, the North korean presidente as celebrity contestants and the resplendant Chris Badenoch as chief judge.

Imagine the nastiness our redoubtable wimmens meedja could cook up with that lot

14 sourkraut { 08.01.09 at 1:02 pm }

Injera
Wholeheartedly agree about Matt Hayden!
BUT you mis-spelled the comment re Stuart Mcgill…. it should have been Whines.

15 Injera { 08.01.09 at 4:24 pm }

sourkraut – Poor Stuey!

16 sourkraut { 08.02.09 at 11:33 pm }

Injera
I don’t really mind Stewy, in fact his name would make him a lay down misere winner of the next Plastered chef