Paula Abdul Now Available For Australian Idol
News in from the US is that Paula Idol has quit American Idol. She was a judge on the show for eight seasons. She won’t say why she is leaving.
But this is how I think it played out.
1. American Idol producers decide they have had enough of her zonked out/crazy behaviour.
2. Hire saner, younger and female fourth judge Kara DioGuardi for “one season”.
3. Negotiate with Kara to come back for another season for peanuts.
4. Offer Paula contract that is insultingly low, claiming Global Financial Crisis, and Simon Cowell’s astronomical pay demands.
5. Paula quits to save what little dignity she has left, and plays right into the hands of the producers.
6. American Idol does not hire a fourth person, but goes back to a three person panel.
Now Fremantle Media Australia and Channel Ten this is an opportunity to get Paula going crazy on our screens.