Brian McFadden To Be The New Australian Idol Judge??? NOOOOOO

The Daily Telegraph are saying there is a strong rumour that the charisma free Brian McFadden may be getting the prime gig of the Australian Idol judge position.

There has been a vacancy since Channel Ten and Idol sacked Kyle Sandilands on Monday.

The article says:

A Channel 10 insider says of all the rumoured “short-listed” contenders for the gig – including Molly Meldrum, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Kate Ceberano –  Mr Delta Goodrem is the most likely to occupy the panel seat alongside Marcia Hines and Ian “Dicko” Dickson following the network’s decision this week to axe Sandilands from the talent show.

“He’s an accomplished singer, he’s witty, he’s fun and, to be frank, he has nothing better to do,” our snitch said.

The only thing I agree with in the above statement is that he has nothing better to do.

If he is the new judge the panel will look like UK Idol, as there will be Dicko from England, and Brian from Ireland. Thankfully Marcia Hines no longer has an American accent or the panel would remind us of the bad old days of the Logies where it was thought a D list star from the US was better then a high profile Australian one.

Other “short-listed” contenders for the gig – include Molly Meldrum, Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Kate Ceberano. Kate was a disaster on  The X Factor and I thought she was on the record of saying she would not do another reality TV show, because of the negative experience she had had with that one.

They have ruled out having a different judge each week.

I don’t think Brian McFadden will be a popular choice with the viewers as he is only getting five per cent of the votes on my poll.

Come on Idol you can do better than this.

1 Laura { 08.07.09 at 12:49 pm }

I wonder if his Football Superstar contract with Fox8 would let him do Idol? I remember them sacking Erica for going on Channel 7’s It Takes Two.

2 Culinary Boner { 08.07.09 at 1:06 pm }

One more reason not to watch this show. Although last year’s successful season was because of the ‘talent’ on stage not the lard-arses in the judge’s gallery. Unless they can unearth decent musicians and performers (aka Wes Mk2) rather than try-hard karoake belters, they will bore us shitless with mumsy Marcia, i-lost-my-mojo Dicko and McFadgen and their inane ramblings.

3 Kyvyny { 08.07.09 at 3:27 pm }

Bring Akubra back on TV. He’s respected in the music industry, more so than McFadden and is a bit of a character, since that’s what they’re really after.

4 Injera { 08.07.09 at 3:51 pm }

As you say: Nooooooooooooooo! I hope Laura’s right and his Foxtel contract would preclude Idol involvement.

Agree with Kyvyny – the Hat would be an improvement.

Please, not the dead eyes of Nat Bass. She struggles with an autocue: how would she cope with evaluating and commenting on contestants? Needs to master walking-and-chewing-gum first.

5 Sooty { 08.07.09 at 3:52 pm }

Sad sack that I am, I tune into the seven pm report as I cook dinner – Dicko was on it last night and the description of the new judge as ‘young and male with experience in the industy as a performer’ and a few other things he said, makes me think Brian McFadden is it. Sp I echo that NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The only good bit is at least it’s therefore not Ruby bloody Rose.

6 Wurstsemmel { 08.07.09 at 4:37 pm }

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Brian (they don’t have the i and the a in that order for nothing) Goodrem? Please. If you want to bring in some Irish talent, I’d much rather see Ronan Keating.

I wasn’t planning on tuning in anyway but, if I had have been even remotely tempted, this would put the nail in the coffin of that idea.

Nat? Equally bad choice. I’d have to go the Hat off that short list. At least he knows what he’s talking about.

7 Culinary Boner { 08.07.09 at 6:03 pm }

Hey Raver,
I note McFadgen is now at 7% on your poll. Has he had his mates log in to vote?

8 Gillian { 08.13.09 at 10:22 am }

I think Brian McFadden has a really nasty streak and he was showing it on Sunday night. Quite frankly, he reminds me of Spencer from the Hills. He has the same look and facial hair, the same controlling and dominant personality and inherit nastiness.