The Real Housewives Of NYC – Season 2 – Episode 1
The second season of The Real Housewives of NYC premiered Monday night on Arena, and it is still as good as I remember it. There were the season one cast of Ramona, Jill, Bethenny, LuAnn, and Alex and Simon, plus newcomer Kelly Bensimmon.
Here are just a few thoughts on the episode:
- The only person who appeared to have had no work done to them over the season break was Simon Van Kempen. Ramona’s face looked tight, as did Luann’s. And Bethany’s boobs just speak for themselves;
- The picking on Alex and Simon continued from last season, with all sorts of put down from all the cast mates, even Ramona’s husband called Simon gay. Not that Simon does anything to help those rumours by wearing lime green jackets, and pleading with his wife to go shopping.
- The Van Kempens don’t help themselves by being so obviously upwardly mobile, including how they raise their children by teaching them to speak french. I would have thought spanish would be a more practical language if living in the USA. Those kids seem very serious, however I do agree with Alex’s no TV in the bedrooms rule.
- Here is the article in the NY Mag that created the drama between Jill and Simon. I thought it ironic Jill called Simon out on his drinking when all the housewives appear to drink like fishes.
- I am continually surprised by the level of vacuousness from all the Housewives, including the new one Kelly Bensimmon.
- Speaking of Kelly what is the tandoori leather looking face skin like? Was it an acid peel gone wrong?
- Alex and Simon after panning the Hamptons in a previous season were out there this year. I guess the producers of the show set this up. They rented a two bed room place which just highlighted the difference between the rest of the cast and the Brooklyn couple.
- Bethenny who is not wealthy either seems to escape the social climbing tag from the other housewives, in fact she appears to be the most popular of them all;
- Bethenny who has maintained her wit, I love the term she used in describing the people Kelly hung out with – the fabulosity crowd.
- I note the Countess Lu Ann husband was with her in the Hamptons, so they must not have seperated at that point of filming. For those who don’t know he has run off with an Ethiopian princess – yes a much younger one.
- My fave housewives last night Bethenny and Jill, at least Jill can admit she is neurotic, something Ramona has no insight of.
The Australian housewife Simon Van Kempen now blogs for Bravo on the series and gives a bit of insight into the episode here.