The Amazing Race – Racing Through Siberia
Seeing Phil Keoghan in his underwear was the reason to watch this episode of The Amazing Race, unfortunately my partner was watching it with me so I could not rewind it to see it more than once.
Racing through Siberia, Russia has been The Amazing Race coup. The language and cultural barrier has meant it is a much harder country to go through then some of the more mainstream European countries which means people can go from first to last, which is what happened to the hosties last night.
Just a few quick thoughts from last night’s episode:
- I did not understand why Victor took off from the cheerleaders, and Margie and Luke, when it would only create ill will, and that stage they were at the head of the pack, anyway karma got them in the end with Luke and Margie coming in first.
- I really like the cheerleader team smart, athletic and running the race with some sort of ethics.
- The Amazing Race producers must have had a difficult time organising the show through Russia, as even getting a visa to go to the country is a procedural pain in the neck.
- But it was worth it as it is reality TV gold – the snow when it is probably autumn over there, and the crazy detours and roadblocks.
- However I did think the Russian Bride detour should have involved a fat aged white man at the end of it carrying a laptop.
- In the roadblock where they had to do the run, did anyone else think it was interesting that the cheerleader, Tammy, and of the black sisters had to be provided with underwear? I can sort of understand it as when would you get the time to wash and dry it in a 12 hour stopover, and you want to keep your packs light. However the poor girl that did actually have her own underwear only had a g-string (or thong) as they say in the US.
- I am starting to think Luke and Margie, and Victor and Tammy will be top three, and I am unsure of the other team. The mini stunt men have been pretty unspectacular throughout the race, but I suppose they have been consistent in never looking like they are going to be eliminated, but also not looking like they are ever going to win a leg.
- However Margie was about to climb into a truck not a snow plough.
- Lucky for the hostesses it was a non-elimination round, and instead of having all their money taken off them they will have to do a speed hump in the next episode, where there is a challenge that they have to do as well as the others, somehow I don’t think they are a good enough team to make up the time.