The Amazing Race – The Poker Girls Use The Second Of Their Nine Lives
One of the reasons I like watching The Amazing Race is seeing Americans appear totally ignorant about the countries they are travelling through. However tonight the contestants hit a new low, when they could not recognise the iconic Jackie Kennedy-Onassis.
I know we don’t expect they yanks to know much about what is outside their country, but really this was ridiculous. Only about three teams recognised her.
It was an OK episode but for some reason it was not the most entertaining, here are a few thoughts on it:
- The poker player girls have got to be the luckiest team in the history of The Amazing Race, both times they have come in last to the pit stop they have been given a get out of jail free card, once it was a non-elimination leg, and tonight they benefited off the bad luck of another team;
- Just as I had decided Zev and Justin were my favourite team, and was very happy when they came in first, it was discovered Zev did not have his passport. They were told be Phil they had to go and find it before the last team was checked in. Unfortunately they did not. But why wasn’t it in the bum bag? Anyway I am sure they will have to live with that stuff up for the rest of their lives.
- Lance is a tool and if Keri marries him she is a fool;
- Also Mika and Canaan don’t appear to be members of MENSA either, but then members of MENSA don’t appear to be members of MENSA either (I’m thinking of you Sabrina from The Apprentice);
- I know they showed people struggling with the monkey manouvre road block but I thought it was too easy and not that entertaining;
- Did Phil tear up when he told Zev and Justin they were eliminated?
- Does this mean the brother’s get the Velocity prize for coming first by default?
Here is an interview with the guys on Reality Wanted (by the way there are no spoilers there).
They do reveal in the interview that the passport was found as it was handed in. They lost it in the monkey manouvre challenge when Justin put his hand in the bum pack to get out a light.
If you are reading this article on TV.com please come across and join the discussion and check out my blog on www.realityravings.com