The Amazing Race – The Poker Girls Use The Second Of Their Nine Lives

zevjustin

One of the reasons I like watching The Amazing Race is seeing Americans appear totally ignorant about the countries they are travelling through. However tonight the contestants hit a new low, when they could not recognise the iconic Jackie Kennedy-Onassis.

I know we don’t expect they yanks to know much about what is outside their country, but really this was ridiculous. Only about three teams recognised her.

It was an OK episode but for some reason it was not the most entertaining, here are a few thoughts on it:

• The poker player girls have got to be the luckiest team in the history of The Amazing Race, both times they have come in last to the pit stop they have been given a get out of jail free card, once it was a non-elimination leg, and tonight they benefited off the bad luck of another team;
  • Just as I had decided Zev and Justin were my favourite team, and was very happy when they came in first, it was discovered Zev did not have his passport. They were told be Phil they had to go and find it before the last team was checked in. Unfortunately they did not. But why wasn’t it in the bum bag? Anyway I am sure they will have to live with that stuff up for the rest of their lives.
  • Lance is a tool and if Keri marries him she is a fool;
  • Also Mika and Canaan don’t appear to be members of MENSA either, but then members of MENSA don’t appear to be members of MENSA either (I’m thinking of you Sabrina from The Apprentice);
  • I know they showed people struggling with the monkey manouvre road block but I thought it was too easy and not that entertaining;
  • Did Phil tear up when he told Zev and Justin they were eliminated?
  • Does this mean the brother’s get the Velocity prize for coming first by default?

Here is an interview with the guys on Reality Wanted (by the way there are no spoilers there).

They do reveal in the interview that the passport was found as it was handed in. They lost it in the monkey manouvre challenge when Justin put his hand in the bum pack to get out a light.

If you are reading this article on TV.com please come across and join the discussion and check out my blog on www.realityravings.com

1 Kyvyny { 10.30.09 at 1:46 am }

Man, did it suck watching Zev and Justin rock last-last onto the mat after that swooping first place. Was rooting for them but now it’s on for Meghan & Cheyne and Sam & Dan to come top of that monster welcome mat at the end of the race.

There are ways to scratch yourself that look off putting and then there are ways to scratch yourself that just rocks. Meghan scratched on the latter. Hot and funny.

2 Anonymous { 10.30.09 at 8:05 am }

What an awful way to exit the Race. I felt sorry for them but then shouldn’t you be more careful with a passport? Apparently, it took a few days to turn up so they weren’t able to join the other eliminated teams back in Vietnam (in the house they stay in while the race continues).

What’s happening with the challenges in TAR? They seem so lame compared to previous series. The monkey challenge was a big yawn. Surely they could come up with something more exciting in Cambodia?

High IQ doesn’t necessarily translate to common sense and practical smarts, RR. As you say, Sabrina is a case in point.

And that’s really all there is to say about that episode.

3 sourkraut { 10.30.09 at 1:49 pm }

Pretty Boring ep.
Have these clowns not heard of safe document pouches? I (who am perfect in all ways (including my modesty)) always use them when travelling O/S. This is the second time recently someone either lost or forgot their passports. Cmon its not rocket science. Even a mensa person could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More later when I’ve seen the rest of the ep

4 Injera { 10.30.09 at 6:57 pm }

Aw, the first episode of this season that I’ve actually watched and I fall head-over-heels for the team that is eliminated due to passport carelessness.

So, I’m new to this season – are Big Easy and Flight Time actual Globetrotters? Or just fans…

Could not believe that the teams were so clueless as to JKO’s identity. Did I hear one team suggest that she was the “Cambodian queen”?

5 Reality Raver { 10.30.09 at 8:40 pm }

Anonymous and Sourkraut – I know how do you lose your passport wouldn’t you have it placed in some corner of The Amazing Race fanny pack. I thought the episode was not up to its usual standard. Hopefully the challenges will improve over the next few weeks.

Kyvyny and Injera – I am feeling your pain, as they were my faves. The globe trotter, are globe trotters they are really nice as well.
Yes you heard right about hte Cambodian queen. Lucky there are very few Kennedy’s alive to watch it.

6 sourkraut { 10.31.09 at 11:25 am }

Watching this show is edjimmykayshunal. I’ve even learned a new Language. Its called Yanklish. In it you repeat everything three times………..go go go , cmon cmon cmon, lezgo lezgo lezgo etc etc etc. It is done for 2 reasons. 1. so that brainishly challenged dolts such as i GET THE MESSAGE, and 2. it seems to be some sort of primitive magic ritual that is sposed to increase the velocity of events. Sadly it duz not.

7 Reality Raver { 10.31.09 at 10:26 pm }

Sourkraut – I did laugh about the Yanklish, so true.