The Amazing Race – Would You Let A Waterslide Get Between You And $1 Million

There were a couple of interesting things on The Amazing Race tonight:

1. That the Harlem Globetrotters took a lot of time to figure out the briefcase code, in fact I would have had difficulty that it was saying 8.35.

2. That the black beauty queen thought she had married up. I hope she was being ironic; and

3. The great waterslide fiasco of country singers Mika Canaan. I am still trying to work out what was more ridiculous the fact she wouldn’t go down it or the floaties she was wearing on her arms.

If you missed it below is the clip of the fiasco of Mika trying unsuccessfully to overcome her fear of heights and water.

Reality TV World has an interview with Mika and Canaan, and yes they are still together.

1 Sherry { 11.13.09 at 12:19 am }

Wanted to punch her SO BAD.

2 Kyvyny { 11.13.09 at 12:42 am }

Think it was TVGuide, but they said they were there for 45 minutes before the Globetrotters turned up. That’s kind of crushing to see someone so paralysed with fear like that.

What is up with that mark on her back though?

3 Wurstsemmel { 11.13.09 at 8:01 am }

That’s absolute fear and when it takes hold, it needs someone really skillful to turn it around. I think Canaan has some responsibility in the matter because he just kept trying to force the issue. Race or not, I think the Globetrotters were quite mean. Their comments were not necessary.

Credit to Canaan though for his final response, he could have been angry, he wasn’t and the fact they are still together is a good thing. I’m sure Mika might be embarrassed by the footage but she seems to have fears about a lot of things and it might be a good idea to start tackling that if it’s likely to impact significantly on her life.

Otherwise, a pretty much yawn yawn episode.

PS Sorry Phil, cute as you are, you looked an absolute dill in that floppy hat.

4 Reality Raver { 11.13.09 at 8:57 am }

Wurstsemmel – The globetrotters sledging would have had the opposite effect on me. I would have thought Fuck you, I am not going to let you arseholes win. However by that stage I suspect the globetrotters would have been able to outrun them on the beach to the pit stop.

Kyvyny – I thought the patch was a nicotine patch but it could have been another medication.

Sherry – It must have been very hard for Canaan not to.

5 lydal { 11.13.09 at 9:00 am }

I can tell right now that I absolutely understand Mika’s fear. I’m not sure what I would have done in her situation as you’ll never see me in that kind of waterslides/rollercoasters. Though I suppose that’s a good reason for not applying for this show 😉

6 Reality Raver { 11.13.09 at 9:11 am }

Wurstsemmel – I thought poor Phil looked like he was wilting under the heat on the beach.

Lydal – I understand she was paralysed by fear however I agree with Wurstsemmel her fears are going to impact her life. Also she was letting someone else down. I would have been scared but give me that task over the horrid eating challenges any day

7 h&b { 11.13.09 at 9:12 am }

I didn’t think their watch looked like 8:35 either – did he move the hands?

Those waterslides can be scary too – I would have been pooping myself ( but I would have done it for the race )

8 Kyvyny { 11.13.09 at 10:24 am }

That thing on her back looks like a raised scar. Maybe like when you get those little glass globes and one sticks too long or is too hot and ends up branding you.

9 Injera { 11.16.09 at 8:18 pm }

Another show from Thursday that I’ve only just caught up on. I thought the ‘trotters’ sledging was fair enough – Mika and Canaan had been at the top of the slide for ages and she could have just kept sitting there indefinitely. I think it was a “shit or get off the pot” scenario. And seriously? Signing up for TAR with a fear of heights and water is just ridiculous. Having said that, I wonder what Ericka’s going to do… last week she couldn’t deal with the heat, this week she couldn’t row because of her water thing.

Poor Phil. He must’ve been standing in that heat for hours, waiting for those duffers to finish.

10 Kyvyny { 11.16.09 at 9:04 pm }

Meghan and Cheyne and Sam and Dan are two very hot couples.

Well, less so on the latter since they’re brothers, but the sentiment still fits.

11 sourkraut { 11.21.09 at 11:24 am }

Missed the show. thanks for the clip. For a million bucks she could have had a pee on the way down as per the last episode and the DRY hoover doover could have cleaned it up!
I take back my comment made earlier about the globe trotters (comment made on following ep recap) their discouragement was pretty ordinary. Once again i wonder whether KARMA will be all bullshit or not
Anyway this must have been what Injera previously so descriptively called “a quivering blob of blonde jelly”! guess there was some truth in it

12 sourkraut { 11.21.09 at 11:26 am }

PS Phil does not even need a floppy hat to look like an absolute dill

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 Reality Raver { 11.22.09 at 1:30 pm }

Sourkraut – I think Phil IS the only man who can carry off a floppy hat…….

14 sourkraut { 11.22.09 at 1:39 pm }