Survivor Samoa – Episode 3 and 4 – Russell Is Still Having It All His Own Way

One little niggle I have with this very good season of Survivor is the editing in tonight’s two episodes. I thought the way the beginning of the the episode’s were cut indicated who was going to be going to tribal council.

If all you see all episode is Foa Foa, it is a fair indication they will be having to vote, and same again for the Gula tribe in the other episode.

Tonight was the usual scenes of Russel saying how he was the controlling the tribe, and the only one playing the game.  Now Ben as meant to be an evil prick but we barely got to see anything of his behaviour. Another thing I have noticed this season is the combining of the reward and the immunity challenges, instead of having two challenges per episode.

Anyway Foa Foa lost the first immunity challenge  which involved swimming and wrestling. I loved the way each tribe was delivered swim suits, is this a new sponsor for the show?

Foa Foa lost  their third challenge in a row, and Jaison was wanting Ben out because of his racial comments, whereas Russell wanted to keep him in, and vote out Ashley the Spa Sales person.

Russell who is forming alliances with everyone was trying to convince the doctor to vote out Ashley before Ben. In the end Russell decided to go with the pack and not stick his neck out and Ben was turfed.

The following episode it was a refreshing change to see the Gula tribe. What did we learn? That they have not formed any alliances yet, and that Shambo lost a chicken. This chick is likeable but cursed, she broke the snorkel last week. When they lost the immunity challenge they had to decide whether to vote for the lazy around camp (Yasmine) or not fabulous at challenges.

They voted out Yasmine who was surprised she was a target.

Here is an exit interview with Ben.

And here is an exit interview with Yasmin.

And finally Russell picking a few cushions over a tarp, that decision is going to  come back and bit him on the proverbial.

1 Injera { 12.16.09 at 7:08 am }

God, Russell is just too annoying. All his “I control the game” is boring enough, but then when he gets rolled by the anti-Ben faction he still comes out with his “I totally owned that decision” bollocks.

Shambo losing the chicken? Wow… Sham-wow. I don’t know how her team kept winning challenges all this time when she is only the 3rd least competent! I like her, but only because she’ got a recognisable personality in a season where I see most of the contestants and think “huh? Have you been there all this time?”.

I don’t know why they’re combining challenges, given that nothing really seems to be happening. I’d like to see more action, less Russell.

2 Wurstsemmel { 12.16.09 at 7:51 am }

Good to see Russell’s hold on Foa Foa slip. He may be a manipulator but he’s not the MASTER manipulator he’d have us believe even though he’d like to convince us, post fact, it was in fact part of his master plan.

The swimmers thing is a bit of a joke. It’s Survivor. You do it in whatever you bring to the competition. If someone is stupid enough to turn up in high heels so they can ‘look nice for Jeff’, so be it. Love how the young and gorgeous all got itsy titsy bikins. Pretty good for ‘slipping’ during the challenges. Didn’t see any of the young hunks thrown into budgie smugglers though.

Glad to see the back of Ben, although he didn’t seem quite so nasty in this episode, probably because of the editing. Glad to see the back of Yasmine too. To me, you should be adding value all around, not sleeping in camp while others do the work.

The girls on Gula do seem to think they’re in some kind of exotic health spa. Yoga and comfy cushions? Please. Be interesting to see how they feel next week, given the amount of rain shown in the preview.

I’m with everyone else. I feel cheated by the combined challenges….particularly when Jeff doesn’t even bother to turn up.

An afterthought….Russell reminds me of Ernest Borgnine.

3 Reality Raver { 12.16.09 at 9:55 am }

Injera – Russell is getting boring, in fact the person who amused me the most last night was the fitness instructor (sorry cannot remember his name) who threw the winning bocce ball to win the chickens.

Wurstsemmel – this was the first time they actually distributed swimmers that I can remember. Most people bring a pair in as they know they are going somewhere where there is water.

I now know why Richard hatch went naked the whole time much less irritating then wearing wet clothes.

I must confess I thought Yasmine was being tongue in cheek about ‘looking nice for jeff’. But he has already seen you at your worst. I suppose since Jeff did have a relationship with a contestant once, that all the girls might now think they are in with a shot.

Agree if you are going to have a challenge Jeff should be there. I am surprised any of the hens laid after Shambo was clutching them by the throat. I like her but she is a bit Calamity Jane.

4 Survivor Samoa – Episode 3 and 4 – Russell Is Still Having It All … | Reality Topics Blog { 12.17.09 at 12:03 pm }

[…] RTVM Admin wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptOne little niggle I have with this very good season of Survivor is the editing in tonight’s two episodes. I thought the way the beginning of the the episode’s. […]

5 Laura { 12.17.09 at 4:07 pm }

Re: the clothes they are wearing.

The contestants are tricked into wearing unsuitable clothes when they arrive at the island. They have no idea when they are actually getting on the show, but beforehand they are dragged around to promos and photoshoots so that is why they are generally dressed up, also the producers actually go through their bags and select outfits that they can choose from so their clothes reflect their “character”. Many contestants corroborate this in their post-show interviews.

Obviously nobody in their right mind would wear high heels on Survivor!

6 sourkraut { 12.17.09 at 9:48 pm }

Injera Wurstsemmel and Raver
Hope you noticed that the women in galoot tribe who were most thrilled at getting the coloured bras and panties were the NON BLONDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Afro-American Russell…wot were you thinking? picking a coupla bits of comfort items for “your wimmen” insteda practical gizmos (fishing line would be useful after Shambles stuffed up the snorkel. No doubt your “wimmen” will remember you kindly for it at later tribal councils??????????????????????especially when you tell everyone that “i’m the leader, they gotta listen to me or there will be serious ass kicking”. (note a can of “kickass” on Samoa could cost an arm and a leg, but go ahead and buy it “because you deserve it”)
Shambles is a DOPE (and NOT a quivering blonde jelly) so far she has stuffed up the snorkel, nearly choked the life out of the chickens, let one chicken out and then given away the clues to the location of th moonitty idol. yep, wot a dope!
Glad ben doon got the arse. hope his mate phillip macavity is next to go. (white russell)
I’m starting to “root” for Jaison as he is edited as a good guy, No doubt he will feel russells wrath, but hope not. The other ones I like is the doctor and the rocket scientist.
finally i will be interested to see if the “pretty young things” develop razor strops at the end or whether they will prove to be non carbon, silicon based androids.
Finally, it was great to hear JJAP go through the “fire is life routine” but I’m missing the coincidental gust of wind (hot air) that used to give away the next to get the arse before the votes are tallied. That reminds me………IM WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO WRITE JJAP’s NAME IN THE Votes Ho Ho Ho

7 Reality Raver { 12.17.09 at 10:05 pm }

Laura – that may explain why they had to give out the bikini, and why people turn up in highly inappropriate gear.

Sourkraut – Laughed at the nickname Shambles. So true. I quite like her though.

8 Injera { 12.18.09 at 4:38 pm }

Sourkraut – gold! So much gold there…

Yes – I’m rootin’ for Jaison now, too (why do they all say jai-SONN? Is that how he pronounces it? Just wondering – it seems unusual).

9 sourkraut { 12.19.09 at 11:04 pm }

I remember now, another of my past favourites was called yau-man or something like that and from memory he had a fantastic cure for migraines

10 alapeta { 02.12.10 at 5:21 pm }