The Amazing Race – Meghan and Cheyne Won – Erika Had A Meltdown

The quote of then night if not the series was when Erika was talking to camera about how her mother was not real happy that she married a white guy that by watching him on the show “they would be able to see what a wonderful guy he was”. All I could do was laugh, as I am sure Brian’s family would not be having the same feelings about Erika after seeing her throw tantrums and pout throughout the series.

To be honest last nights most memorable moments were given by Erika:

• The Cirque De Soleil challenge mega tantrum where there were flailing legs, and crying and then the usual well you do it you are taller because it is ALWAYS Brian’s fault;
  • Her manic smile when she realised they were in the lead thinking she was on the way to $1 million, and maybe if she just shut up while they were counting the chips they may have got the right amount;
  • Her death stare, with pout, when they were in the cab going to The Monte Carlo knowing they were in last place; and
  • Her departing line to the marrying couple in the Elvis chapel when leaving saying “marriage is wonderful”.

By the way props goes to Cheyne who I have thought has been carried by Meghan for a lot of the race, for staying calm and taking control of the chip counting. Their teamwork, and methodical strategy meant they were accurate and out of there first, when they arrived last.

Bad luck to the gay guys, who came in second, but props to Wayne Newton (or was it the joker in disguise) who was gracious when they could not remember his name.

This series again showed why it is one of the  best reality shows on TV. Thumbs down to Channel Seven for moving it from its Thursday night timeslot just at the end of the season.

Here are interviews with Erika and Brian, who I did not realise were the first interracial couple on the race ever.

Here is a really good and comprehensive interview with the gay guys Dan and SamMeghan and Cheyne.

1 Kyvyny { 12.16.09 at 12:24 pm }

Definitely a case of the best team winning the race. Meghan really kept their team together and their relationship was a far better example compared to the zebras.

Wow, for a Miss America, it certainly shows you don’t have to be a nice person. She may have married up, but he married down with her attitude and pout. Did she try and kick Brian in the face a few times at the challenge?

Well done on the editing for that ending running to Shenandoah. Tense!

2 Wurstsemmel { 12.16.09 at 3:05 pm }

Well, disappointed. I wanted the boys to win.

At last, the return of the big scary challenge. Much as I disliked Miss America, she really threw herself into that.

Wayne Newton. I wouldn’t have known who he was either.
Very plastic looking but then I thought Phil looked like he might have been at the botox. Could it be?

3 H { 12.16.09 at 3:40 pm }

Was suprised there wasn’t the standard last memory challenge.

4 Reality Raver { 12.16.09 at 9:00 pm }

H – Apparently the producers wanted to mix it up a bit, because the team are now expecting that challenge, and study for it.

Wurstsemmel – Let’s hope Phil doesn’t succumb to the botox temptation. Interesting in the boys interview they thought their editing which was a bit negative at times was to do with them coming in runner’s up, so people would not be disappointed they did not win. Not so in your case.

Kyvyny – I saw Erika’s leg’s lashing out, a bit like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

5 Injera { 12.17.09 at 7:06 am }

Erika, Erika, Erika – it’s either too hot or too cold, too yes or too no, too in or too out, too up or too down…

Meghan and Cheyne did run a good race, although I’d disagree that Meghan carried the team. I thought Cheyne did a lot of work holding her together with all the “encouragement” she seemed to require (and, at times, demand). She’s a self-confessed control freak; he played the perfect game as a control-freak’s partner: let them control!

Samdan? Stop shouting at each other, then complain about the edit.

6 The Amazing Race – Meghan and Cheyne Won – Erika Had A Meltdown … | Reality Topics Blog { 12.17.09 at 1:12 pm }

[…] Nicky wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptThis series again showed why it is one of the best reality shows on TV. Thumbs down to Channel Seven for moving it from its Thursday night timeslot just at the end of the season. Here are interviews with Erika and Brian, … […]

7 sourkraut { 12.17.09 at 10:03 pm }

Wurstsemmel
you gotta be joking. those two clowns did nothing but argue and bitch and carry on in each ep and certainly did not deserve to win. Blonde or not, on a performance basis Meghan and Shayne were well deserved winners and yet again I”M PROVEN TO BE A “BIT OF A BURKE” with my predictions……….Well if I could really pick winners I’d be making money at the races, not slaving over a hot computer and trying to keep an office functioning.
Anyway the show reached a new low in TACKINESS at the beginning with the plastic chapel wedding… no wonder yanks dont impress me!
Another thing wrong with the show is that after someone wins the previous leg they get NO ADVANTAGE very often as they all end up on the same plane. What’s the use of that.
The rapelling would have turned my pants brown! well done to all contestants there.
Erika (princess) had a hissy fit. I bet her poor hubby got it in the neck when they were out of sight of the camera.
For me this has reached its use by date. No doubt my “kind’ observations will be missed…………I Bet

8 sourkraut { 12.17.09 at 10:13 pm }

To all of you and especially Raver,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Wurstsemmel { 12.18.09 at 4:18 pm }

Use by date. Must agree with Sourkraut there. I used to be waiting eagerly for the next instalment of TAR but the past few series have been pretty bleurgh.

I’d love to see an international version with teams from different countries. An administrative nightmare no doubt but imagine throwing some Brits, French, Germans and whatever else in with the Americans….

10 Injera { 12.18.09 at 4:41 pm }

I’m not yet ready to call time of death on TAR yet, Wurstsemmel and Sourkraut, although I do think this was one of the weakest seasons in memory. The Mike’n’Mel season, though, bought enough goodwill for me to give another one a chance. Plus I’d hate to miss out on another challenge as pants-wettingly funny as the giant wheels of cheese…

11 sourkraut { 12.19.09 at 10:39 pm }

Wurstsemmel
I was thinking of replying about your idea of an international group of teams with the old joke about national stereotypes running various vital services in hell, but i think that it would offend too many people!
Suffice to say it would probably start WW3