Superstars of Dance Finally Being Screened Eleven Months Late

Superstars of Dance was a Nigel Lythgoe, and Simon Fuller show, where nations compete in a type of dancing Olympics. There are three categories, solo, pairs, and team.

Australia is represented, with Jason Gilkison the team “coach”, with Kelley Abbey the Australian judge.

The problem was it aired in the USA to much fanfare in January. But Channel 9 who won the bidding war over it did not screen it at this stage. Also news on the interwebs were basically calling it a dud, confirmed by the fact that there is no season two.

Clearly the cupboards are getting bare in the Nine store cupboard. Having said all this I will be watching it and will be giving my opinion about it. It should be noted the Sydney Morning Herald The Guide gave it the thumbs down.

Superstars of Dance on at 7.30pm on Wednesday nights.

1 Superstars of Dance Finally Being Screened Eleven Months Late … | Reality Topics Blog { 12.22.09 at 12:05 am }

[…] Associated Press wrote an interesting post today onHere’s a quick excerptby Reality Raver. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I read that Channel 9 were finally going to screen Superstars of Dance. Superstars of Dance was a Nigel Lythgoe, and Simon Fuller show, where nations compete in a type of … […]

2 Anonymous { 12.22.09 at 12:17 pm }

That’s hilarious, I can’t believe they’re finally airing it.

Have you heard if Ten is planning on airing the recently finished US SYTYCD Season 6, RR?

3 Izobel2 { 12.24.09 at 5:12 pm }

I’ve seen all series of SYTYCD Aus & US and after watching episode 1 of this, I didn’t really enjoy it at all. I found myself skipping most of it, and thought the judges were boring, if not somewhat strange! Don’t think I’ll watch it next week.

4 Pippib { 12.30.09 at 9:05 pm }

Must say the judges are terrible. Do they know how to count, or have they only learn’t the number 8!

5 Baz { 12.30.09 at 9:12 pm }

The Super Stars of Dance is one dance show that is way off!! How can it be judged fairly when cultural dancing is being judges with technically trained tecnicians, Doesn’t work, Kelley Abbey must be doing it “tongue in cheek”.

6 Pippib { 12.30.09 at 9:16 pm }

With you Baz, but they really have to stop sitting on the fence. It’s an international competition so they should be honest in each’s perception on dance.

7 Reality Raver { 12.30.09 at 10:35 pm }

Izobel2, Baz, and Pippib – I think you all deserve a medal for getting through an episode. I watched five minutes of it last week, and thought I am on holidays I am not going to waste my time watching this crap. Michael Flaherty (sic) is just appalling, it was like a mature aged eistedford.