Survivor – Interview With Yul Kwon

Now Yul Kwon is my favourite winner ever of Survivor, he was smart, strategic and nice. Here is an interview with him where he tells how Survivor changed his life, and he does not even mention the $1 million.

The lucky bugger is working for the Obama administration. Also he met his wife through a fellow Survivor contestant. Have to admit my Gaydar was way off on this one.

Also with the way Channel Nine are advertising Survivor Heroes V Villains it looks like it will be on sooner rather than later. Woo hoo.

1 sourkraut { 02.18.10 at 1:45 pm }

don’t recall seeing him ever. which one was he on?

2 Reality Raver { 02.18.10 at 1:47 pm }

Cook Islands. It was the series that brought me back into the survivor fold.

3 Stace { 02.18.10 at 2:54 pm }

Fantastic story. He’s great and his wife is stunning.

4 Injera { 02.18.10 at 5:15 pm }

I loved Yul and that was a good season. Maybe because of Yul! Was good to see a winner who was smart, strategic, and – as you said – nice.

What with him and Kal Penn, Obama’s got a pretty sexy team going on. If I were a Salahi, I’d be gatecrashing to get to them…

5 par3182 { 02.18.10 at 6:36 pm }

Oh Yul – smart, strategic, nice and a sizzlin’ hot body.
He’s my favourite winner, as well.

6 sourkraut { 02.18.10 at 11:17 pm }

was the cook islands series on free to air tv? I thought i’d seen all the survivor series on F T A tv, but I just can’t remember him. who else was on that series?

7 Wurstsemmel { 02.19.10 at 7:49 am }

Loved Yul. Is he coming back on Heroes vs Villians?

8 Injera { 02.19.10 at 7:57 am }

sourkraut, I can’t remember when Cook Islands was on, but as a relatively recent convert to pay TV I can confidently say it was on free to air.

Wurstsemmel – unfortunately Yul is not in Heroes vs Villains. I’m actually a bit surprised that Lex from the Africa season is not one of the villains – he was a memorable character for me. Still, if they put Cirie in (scared of leaves!) they clearly had a different agenda to what I would have had in casting.

9 Reality Raver { 02.19.10 at 10:09 am }

Sourkraut – other notables in Cook Islands were Johnathan, Parvarti and Ozzi.

I suspect Yul knew there was nothing for him to gain by going back on. He wanted to keep his dignity intact.

10 Stace { 02.19.10 at 10:19 am }

Ozzy was great, so was Becky. A lot of people dissed the `race’ divide in Cook Islands, but to me it was refreshing (to see some more multicultural faces among the cast).

11 Reality Raver { 02.19.10 at 1:11 pm }

Stace – that’s right that was the “controversial” season. That was actually really interesting.

Sourkraut – if you ever get the chance to see it Cook Islands was a fantastic season.

12 Culinary Boner { 02.19.10 at 2:18 pm }

Injera rightly points out that Obama has his very own Harold & Kumar team with Kal, playing himself, and Yul playing John Cho.

If only Obama would complete the team and add Neil Patrick Harris to the staff. Not sure it’d help the government, but it would add to its entertainment value.

Agree with all the positive comments about Yul. He played a devasting combination of smarts, muscle and stoic humility. Sorta like a spiritual Kung Fu master meets Harvard Business School medal winner.

Of any of the contestants on Survivor he was just about the only one you’d be happy to either employ or have as a work colleague.

13 sourkraut { 02.20.10 at 11:31 am }

I remember ozzi. I thought he was on another series (but after a while they all blur into none). He was one of my faves. Perhaps I got the shits if/when he was finked by uber-bitch perverti and stopped watching after that. i just cant remember, and I certainly dont remember yul.
Cul Boner
Obama needs to start ignoring “those people” who really run the USA and start running it himself. I’m pretty disappointed in him so far, despite all the concerted opposition that has been set up to stop him, I think he needs to toughen up and do it his own way.

14 Reality Raver { 02.20.10 at 11:35 am }

Sourkraut – Ozzi was on fans v faves.
Also I thought a woman should have been running the US now. You know if Hilary had been a man they would have thought she was the perfect candidate. She is very strong in policy and politics.

I like Obama but he would be a perfect candidate in four to eight years time.

15 Culinary Boner { 02.22.10 at 3:10 pm }

Sourkraut, agree that Obama needs to start really running the place if he is going to be effective. The only worry is that the last Dem president who actually did things his own way was assassinated in a right-wing conspiracy.