So You Think You Can Dance – The Top 12
So You Think You Can Dance is struggling for ratings this year with it way under the magic million mark. Is this because of the new night it is showing on a Wednesday night? I think it does fit better in the Sunday night spot. Or maybe people are getting sick of the genre. The US version of the show here bombed last time it was shown, and they have not even bothered showing hte latest season.
Unfortunately Ten’s second channel is a sport one.
A few thoughts on tonight’s episode:
- Robbie and Ivy’s Debbie Ellis routine was great it will be interesting to see how they go next week with different partners;
- The Mary Poppins routine was perfect for Heath because he was able to really camp it up, conversely I was a fan of Jessica’s but she is losing me, she is just not hitting any new heights;
- And if you didn’t know Matt Lee will be starring in Mary Poppins later on in the year you do now;
- Renee and Phillipe’s hip hop routine song, was set to Wade Robson’s music, is there anything that guy cannot do?
- Can we just talk about Jess’s tattoo down her left side – is this something she is going to regret in 10 year’s time? By the way I am not sure Jess is connecting with the audience if she makes top ten it will be interesting to see if she gets votes;
- Carly was ordinary in the salsa with Kieran and needs to keep her mouth shut when she dances;
- I get the feeling Matt will be gone if he lands in the bottom three;
- Move over Tania Zaetta, Ivy is coming to Mumbai, it was perfect for her, I wondered if that was a bit rigged that her and Robbie got that genre;
- Underwhelmed by Heath and Jessica’s sloppy hip hop, did Nacho Pop choreograph it or is off still flipping burgers somewhere?
- I really liked Jess in the Gabrielle Climi routine. I thought there were some partnerwork issues, but that could have been Nick being tentative after his injury in rehearsal;
- The pinochhio routine is going to take put Keiran and Carly into the bottom three, that choreographer Yianni needs to be sacked, but then Bonnie thought it was the best routine of the night – Go Figure;
- Pasha and Anya are still here in Australia +2, Phillipe having his shirt buttoned up -1. By the way why has noone interviewed Anya and Pasha?
- The Square Divison routine was well danced but just not exciting enough.
Bottom Three prediction: Carly and Keiran, Heath and Jessica; Renee and Phillipe.