So You Think You Can Dance – A Bit Of A Shock

The way people were tweeting fear and loathing on twitter tonight made me  think either Jesse H or Robbie had been eliminated. I was not surprised by the bottom four, Carly, Jess, Keiran and Phillipe.

I know people thought Jess was going to go again, but it was time for Carly’s to walk the plank. I was disappointed that Keiran got flicked, but I don’t think it will hinder his career.

Phillipe may get to go top having drawn Jessie next week, but it will be tough as Nick and Robbie have big fan bases.

The other couples are Jess and Robbie, and Ivy and Nick.

I loved Bonnie Lythoges outfit tonight. I thought keeping her boobs fully covered made her look funky and younger. However I cannot even speak about the orange atrocity that Jason Coleman was wearing.

1 sora { 04.01.10 at 9:56 pm }

KIERAN WAS ROBBED !

AUSTRALIA HATES BALLROOM DANCERS!! NEVER PASS THE TOP 8

2 dmc { 04.01.10 at 10:02 pm }

Was it just me, or did Carly try and hold Jess’ hand but got rebuffed?

3 Jenny { 04.01.10 at 10:11 pm }

Lol Bonnie looked like rhythm nation. Yes Jason never disappoints with his outfits. But what is with Matt and his massive sized hats?? He looks like a 12 year old. Lol.

4 bella vita { 04.01.10 at 10:36 pm }

sad to see Kieran guy, a nice guy who thoroughly deserved to still be there, a real trier who I believe just didnt cut the votes due to his young boyish look and quiet personality. Certainly the teen vote will vote for either Phillipe or Nick on looks alone.

What is the fuss over Nick?? yes, IRL he is a lovely guy, but certainly one of the weaker dancers still there. He is just your typical Jazz dancer, who can do all styles reasonably well, but i don’t get the spark from him at all.

Carly was certainly long overdue to go, surely had something to do with embarressing the choreographer from SDC.

You know what they say about guys who wear hats are trying to compensate for lack of something else…rofl

5 Anonymous { 04.01.10 at 11:25 pm }

I was disappointed to see Kieran go as he’s far more talented than Philippe, but I can’t say I didn’t expect it. He didn’t have the teen girl vote, which Nick seems to have in droves if twitter is anything to go by.
I was fine with Carly going; I thought it was defiantly her time. I actually thought Jess might have gone again, I’m happy she stayed though; I thought she did better than Carly last night.
I like that they paired up all the dancers that haven’t been together yet. I’m actually looking forward to seeing jess and Robbie together. I know nothing is going to get her into the top 4 over one of the other two girls, nor do I think it should, but I think these two could actually work quite well together. I think Jessie lucked out the most getting Philippe. I think Ivy and Nick could be interesting, I think he’ll leverage a lot out of being paired with her. I’m not really that fussed on Nick, but I reckon he’ll be the fourth person in the finale with the other three who were decided weeks ago.
RR I was also glad to see Bonnie’s chest covered up!

6 josie { 04.02.10 at 6:23 am }

I am so sick of Nick. The guy’s had so many chances. He’s hit the B3 2 or 3 times and the judges saved him ahead of Heath even after his crap solo and yet he’s still been average every week.

7 alicat { 04.02.10 at 8:31 am }

I picked the bottom 4, which was probably correct based on the dancing last night (Nick WAS very good). Was surprised to see Carly go over Jess, although Jess being knocked out of the competition might’ve incited her fans to pick up the phone and vote. That said, I don’t really care who goes so long as Jessie and Ivy are the top 2 girls, which seems to be how Australia’s voting at the moment anyway.

Kieran leaving was pretty bad, I definitely thought it would be Phillipe over him. Notch up another partner that Jess S has managed to curse (and she’s with ROBBIE next week!! NOOOOOO!). Kieran’s solo was unbelievable; I hope some awesome dance company offers him a job because he’s brilliant at what he does.

I’ll be interested to see the repercussions of Kieran leaving in terms of the voting. I personally reckon Kieran’s voters would’ve been voting for his dancing technique, which would probably lead them to vote for Robbie rather than the hot boys Phillipe and Nick. Kieran voters jump on the Robbie bandwagon! The one good thing about Kieran leaving is that neither Phillipe nor Nick can touch Robbie in terms of dancing ability, which bodes well for him over the coming weeks. If only he didn’t have to contend with the curse of Jess S. Le sigh.

Agree, RR, Jason’s outfit was heinous. I didn’t like Bonnie’s particularly, but I thought Natalie looked stunninggg and I loved her hair. Did anyone think there was a problem with Gabriella Cilmi’s mic at the start of her routine?? You could hardly hear her. OH and I *loved* the group routine at the start of the show. Brilliant routine, and Robbie front and centre… I was a happy girl 😀 hahaha!

8 sora { 04.02.10 at 11:41 am }

now eliminated kieran
robbie has it very easy

girls just vote for nick and Phillipe for their looks -________-
this is not australia next TOP model
is SYTYCD
Ironically NICK WAS MY FAVORITE TO START ahahaha

I hope !!
IVY win
I do not like robbie, nick and robbie

9 akris { 04.02.10 at 1:03 pm }

I still haven’t watched it but i was so sad to hear Kieren left… i actually voted for the first time this week to try and save him.. unfortunately didn’t work.. darn those teenyboppers that are voting on looks alone… I’m glad there isn’t too much that comment on here.. they will do my head in.. well at least they don’t act like typical teenyboppers.. sorry if anyone is offended but just my 2 cents and why i try to avoid official forums.

10 Anonymous { 04.02.10 at 2:25 pm }

I’m upset about Kieran leaving, but not surprised. Honestly, it doesn’t surprise me that Jason Gilkison doesn’t choreograph much for this show anymore… Ballroom is so ridiculously undervalued by the show (and thus a significant portion of the viewers).

All my votes will go to Jessie H and Ivy for the win, now.

11 heartfelt { 04.02.10 at 3:47 pm }

sora { 04.02.10 at 11:41 am } “now eliminated kieran
robbie has it very easy”

Sorry Sora, can’t agree with you at all. Robbie doesn’t have it easy because Kieran is gone – Robbie’s best chance always came from being the best dancer on the show. No one can touch him, technically. Kieran was brilliant at what he does – that being ballroom – but not at much else. Robbie is a true all-rounder who consistently delivers in all the genres. So I think it is untrue that Robbie now has it easy because Kieran is gone. Robbie was always going to go further than Kieran anyway.

12 Anonymous { 04.02.10 at 4:42 pm }

“No one can touch him, technically.”

Eh, I disagree. Jessie H is a goddess of dance. They are at least equal. I would give Jessie the edge because of her musicality, creativity, and transitions.

13 heartfelt { 04.02.10 at 5:06 pm }

My apologies, I agree with you “Anonymous”. Jessie H. is a beautiful dancer. She is the female version of Robbie. I meant not one of the guys could touch Robbie technically :-)

14 Anonymous { 04.02.10 at 6:49 pm }

No need to apologise, heartfelt! Yeah, they are definitely a dream team of dancers! 😀

In terms of guys… Yeah, I must say I agree, Robbie is in a different league to Nick and Phillipe!

15 sora { 04.03.10 at 2:22 pm }

heartfelt
kieran was more complete for me
is ballet dancer and ballroom
the trouble for kieran
is that the routines that need to be sexy
can not and looks weird
because it has a baby face
he and Robbie are the same age
robbie is a contemporary dancer,technically very good
but overrated
robbie has not danced samba, salsa or cha cha
disco?mmm
suffers with the lifts

16 heartfelt { 04.03.10 at 8:07 pm }

Sora, I think the problem here is not whether Kieran is a better dancer than Robbie, it is more that he doesn’t satisfy all components of a show such as SYTYCD. Yes, he is very good at ballet and ballroom, and Robbie is not so good with some of the lifts (although he has lifted very well in most of the dances). The difference between Kieran and Robbie is that Robbie is a better all-rounder than Kieran. Whilst Kieran was quite proficient at the ballroom and ballet, Robbie has also shown proficiency in the ballroom genre but continues to deliver great performances in all the other genres as well. Even though he is a contemporary-trained dancer, he has managed to shine in hip hop AND jazz, and his ballroom paso doble was amazing. I can see that you are as much a Kieran fan as I am a Robbie fan. We are going to have to agree to disagree. But the fact of the matter is that Robbie is more capable of taking this opportunity further than Kieran, at this stage in Kieran’s life. I’m disappointed that Kieran has gone; I really enjoyed watching him dance, and I don’t feel he had yet developed his on-screen persona. It just isn’t his time, but I hope someone snaps him up because he is a great dancer.