Johnathan Pease Has Left Australia’s Next Top Model

170-J Pease sml.jpg

Johnathan Pease will no longer being giving guidance to the young models on Australia’s Next Top Model as the Daily Telegraph reports he is living the reality show.

He said he is busy working on his new business Tongue.

Johnathan Pease said:

“I have absolutely loved being on Next Top Model and I want to be on there in some capacity,” he said.

“But a lot has happened for me. I have launched [new business] Tongue and that has really been quite consuming … and have come to the realisation that I probably need to focus more on Tongue.”

I wonder if his decision to leave is because it was reported last year they were going to downsize his role on the show, due to him allegedly flirting with the young models.

1 CG { 04.15.10 at 4:52 pm }

If the stories that JP was flirting with the models – most of whom are 16 years old! – are true then I can see Sarah Murdoch removing him. She strikes me as someone who doesn’t put up with that kind of shite. The excuse he needs to spend more time on “Tongue” (!) sounds like a good cover story. They probably need to get a gay guy like on the US series and avoid these types of rumors.

2 Dolph Ziggler { 04.15.10 at 5:56 pm }

Dolph also wants to make ‘tongue’ his nu business. Hey ladies!!

3 Reality Raver { 04.15.10 at 11:22 pm }

CG – Agree, also the story about the models was around the time he took a school girl to a function.

Dolph – I am speechless.

4 bella vita { 04.16.10 at 4:05 pm }

Jonno has had a bad rep in the industry for quite a while, latching and cracking onto young models was the end of a long road of incidents.
Quite a diva from all reports and certainly was hoping he would get asked to host after they got rid of Jodhi Meares.
Sarah Murdoch is a no nonsense professional who as now a Producer wants nothing to tarnish the aussie version of the show…she puts her name and money to only brands she can have control over. He had one year left of his contract last year, so she made his role as small as possible.

5 Reality Raver { 04.16.10 at 9:53 pm }

Bella Vita – I think it is always a bit creepy when a guy in his 30’s hangs out with a girl in their teens.

6 B { 06.13.10 at 2:59 pm }

Uhh.. I thought Jonathan Pease was gay? Ha, apparently not! I wonder who will replace him?

7 Lee { 08.07.10 at 1:48 am }

OK Now I’m straightened out.

I watched the 3rd Cycle (?) and I didn’t really notice the models’ age. But yeah, 16, 17, 18 years old? It is creepy.

Jonno should be flirting with me, who is… er, just a little over 25. OK 29, but who’s counting really.

8 Melanie { 11.24.10 at 8:37 pm }

I always thought Johnathan seemed to cold toward people to be the flirty type, I don’t believe the rumors personally.
And though I know they wouldn’t show unprofessional stuff on tv I still think he seemed very professional, I say lets not bag him without proof.

9 Kirks { 01.30.13 at 7:29 pm }

I also wondered why and only thought to check now why he left.
Personally I loved him! He had the right attitude and seemed like he took no shit, if a girl done poorly he told them straight and you need someone like that.
Josh is cue and all but just isn’t Jonathan. The guy is good looking enough to get most girls so I don’t believe he would chase or flirt with a 16 year old.
And if rumours are true that he basically got shoved out the door for a gay guy then surely that’s just the reverse of homophobia? Maybe they should keep the person who is best for the job and not think about sexuality.