Marcia Hines Says Kyle Sandiland’s Sacking From Australian Idol Was Wrong

Australian Idol judge Marcia Hines has told the Daily Telegraph that it was wrong that Kyle Sandilands was sacked from the show last year. Kyle was dumped after he questioned a fourteen year old about her sex life on radio in front of her mother where she revealed she had been sexually assaulted.

Marcia said in the article:

“It was one of the most unfair things I’ve seen,” she said, of Kyle, who was sacked as a judge following a controversy on his radio show.

“He’s my buddy. I like Kyle. Kyle says what he wants to say. Most people are the same way but they’re not on TV. I was so bummed out that he was taken off the show.”

Hines said she agreed with popular opinion that new judge Jay Dee Springbett was boring.

“You said it, so I don’t need to repeat it,” she said. “Jay Dee and Dicko were too similar. There was no humour. That’s where Kyle came in.”

Marcia Hines in the article did not reveal what she thought her role on the show was.

Kyle’s TV career is continuing to thrive with a gig on Australia’s Got Talent, and the new X Factor.

1 TDK { 05.23.10 at 12:31 pm }

Don’t really care what Marcia thinks really – she can go as well.

2 Wurstsemmel { 05.23.10 at 1:11 pm }

Who’s Marcia?

Oh, the one in the middle.

Probably just ticked off that Idol’s off air and she’s lost exposure.

3 dmc { 05.23.10 at 1:52 pm }

Absolutely. Kyle was her meal ticket.

4 Dakota { 05.23.10 at 4:11 pm }

I miss Idol :( I Hate the way we ruin Reality shows in Australia. Big Brother & Idol were amazing shows that got slowly ruined by everyone thinking everything needed to be changed. Even look at “The Mole” – it was a great show until they decided that Tom Williams & a live element would make it better than Grant Bowler. They were wrong, and the show was ridiculous. Just watching the repeats make you realise how well done the show was in the first place. And the funny part was that the ratings for the last Grant Bowler-edition of The Mole was still doing great in the ratings… *Sigh* Oh wellz, guess the Networks get bored with their own shows – I just hope they don’t destroy SYTYCD in the process (esp if they change it to the way Nigel Lythgoe is doing it in the US)

5 skye { 05.23.10 at 7:29 pm }

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. Less relevant than ever!

6 Reality Raver { 05.24.10 at 12:00 am }

TDK, Wurstsemmel, and DMC – maybe she is wanting a gig on The X Factor.

Dakota – I never watched The Mole but I wish I had as it sounds like an interesting concept. I think the issue with SYTYCD in the US is they have been pushing through two seasons a year so I think viewer fatigue must be setting in. I think sometimes letting viewers anticipate a show for awhile helps.

Skye – Agree maybe Idol would have survived if they got rid of her, she never sparked any energy on the panel.