Masterchef Australia Market For This Week

Paul’s odds on the Masterchef Australia market generated a lot of comment last week, here is the market for this week. Joanne is looking shaky, and Marion is still the favourite.

$3.00 : Marion
$6.00 : Skye
$10.00 : Peter
$11.00 : Matthew
$13.00 : Jonathan
$17.00 : Adam
$22.00 : Jimmy
$24.00 : Alvin & Callum
$34.00 : Aaron
$67.00 : Jake
$101.00 : Joanne & Sharnee

1 Muru { 05.28.10 at 3:30 pm }

A bit surprised with Skye. I can definitely see her appeal but we haven’t actually seen THAT much of her. I definitely think she’s in the middle range at best. Matthew and Jimmy are also a bit meh; I can’t see why their odds of winning are far greater than Aaron to be honest.

2 Muru { 05.28.10 at 3:35 pm }

Also, why is Claire missing? Do they know something we don’t?

3 anon { 05.28.10 at 3:46 pm }

meh..eh..eh … to that list

4 Paul { 05.28.10 at 3:46 pm }

Muru,

Bit of a mix up between me and RR.
Claire is $8.

5 Anonymous { 05.28.10 at 4:00 pm }

How about none of them win, C10 suddenly cancel the show?

6 Toohey { 05.28.10 at 6:06 pm }

The guy making these odds is the same guy who sez so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes on M-Chef that we don’t see. The show is produced and edited into 30-60-90 minute time slots. Some dishes are presented, others are not. Some give monologues others say nothing. Some nastiness is shown, other is not, etc. So how the hell can anyone put together odds when working with such incomplete and edited information. Its like basing horse racing odds on a highlights reel compiled by the owners for a couple of horses and no data whatsoever on the others.

7 Market values { 05.28.10 at 8:45 pm }

You can’t speculate on odds when the TV network manipulates the outcomes at random.

8 NT Kate { 05.28.10 at 9:38 pm }

If this is supposed to reflect what happened this week, doesn’t make much objective sense (but of course if Paul is privy to some of those behind the scene tastings….!). But:

1. Peter was up for elim, even though managed to be best of the three with him. And didn’t even cook in the team challenge.

2. Claire surely above Skye given she was picked as one of the team captains by Georgie and lead her team to victory.

3. Jimmy also picked by Jimmy – didn’t do that great a job there, but still has won more challenges etc than Adam (and others).

9 NT Kate { 05.28.10 at 10:00 pm }

oops, I mean Jimmy picked by George.

10 Paul { 05.28.10 at 10:04 pm }

I have no inside information (RR can back me up there I think). Its just an opinion based on what has been shown so far.

market values,
You can’t manipulate an outcome at random. Rolling a dice is a random outcome. You can’t manipulate the result of that dice roll.
And there endeth the mathmatics lesson.

11 NT Kate { 05.28.10 at 10:33 pm }

Paul, lighten up, I was joking.

And asking what it was you saw on the show this week that puts your order as it is.

12 sourkraut { 05.28.10 at 10:36 pm }

Why not put all the names in a hat and pull them out one at a time. trouble is some names would probably go in more than once.
based on the evidence of the show taking into account “air time’, riggings, perceived conspiracies, pervings by the Gs, demographics of the great unwashed masses, (Oooh wot a giveaway.. an elitist!) I think the order of likelihood would be
Marion
johnno
skye
mathew Joanne
Take yer pick for the rest
The way i would LIKE TO SEE IT come out is
Joanne
Jake
Alvin
Adam
Jimmy
couldntgiveastuff

13 sourkraut { 05.28.10 at 10:37 pm }

Paul
99% correct, but depends on the dice

14 reality raver { 05.28.10 at 10:43 pm }

Yes there was mix up re: Claire – sorry everyone.

These odds are just a bit of fun to discuss the changes each week. Interesting that Joanne is so low. Agree I think Skye is high, but then I have not seen much of her.

15 Market values { 05.28.10 at 10:45 pm }

I get it now. Like a troll doesn’t act randomly.

16 Jenny Draut { 05.29.10 at 8:42 pm }

Are you kidding me???

it has nothing to do with random selection, it will be a pre-selected winner by C10 as everyone suspected why Julie won the last MC

doesn’t really matter what the odds are…Marion looks set to be the winner anyway…

all other contestants are like side dishes…sucking us in to blog, talk, and even get angry or annoyed…

as I surely can’t stand that Joanne but somehow I was even surprised that she got to stay and Fiona gone

I’m betting on the next victim to go might be Jimmy or even Peter, pretty boy Matthew has good camera face and good for girlie viewers…hmmmm

17 Market values { 05.29.10 at 9:44 pm }

JD – So we agree then?

18 Jenny Draut { 05.30.10 at 12:46 am }

Market values

indeed!!!!!!!!!!

but i still don’t mind watching Matty on screen or Alvin…who cares whether he’s gay or not…he does have some sort of a camera face too…

wouldn’t be surprised if one day he has his own cooking/whatever it is show…

19 Asteroth { 05.30.10 at 12:52 am }

I kinda get where you’re coming from Jenny D. Half the time I watch the show I get the feeling that rather than being a cooking competition, it is more of an audition for who has enough showman ship to be hired by the network to get their own show. Hence sometime favourites drop out cause they already end up with a contract (ie. Poh). It therefore provides excellent opportunities for people to get their own TV shows…… although not all of them may be aiming for this.

20 CK { 05.30.10 at 4:25 am }

Meh…
Skye is good at dessert only

21 sourkraut { 05.30.10 at 10:35 am }

Jenny Draut
It’s really a Darwinian selection process. Survival of the Fi/aTTEST by NATURAL selection. Naturally the selection is made by 10. Just ask Chris B

22 Asteroth { 05.30.10 at 4:35 pm }

Sour

corrrect!

I wonder what Chris B is doing right now??? he is so confident that he will open his beer restaurant one day? haven’t heard much about him of late….

but I still insist that JOANNE has to gooooooooo can’t stand her face no more…

but wouldn’t mind Jake gets more airtime, that boy can have some dry sense of humour although he does have some sort of a puppy dog look…

23 Jenny Draut { 05.30.10 at 4:39 pm }

what’s happening with Chris B anyone? has really opened his beer restaurant yet cos me no hear of any news about him…

24 sourkraut { 05.31.10 at 11:53 pm }

Jenny d, Asteroth
Go to his web site. There is a link to it somewhere on Ravers list on the left in blue