Masterchef Australia Odds For This Week

Paul again has provided some odds for discussion (and some fear and loathing) about who is currently hot on Masterchef Australia.

He has also put in a little explanation with it:

Big mover is Jonathan into $6.50 third favourite. Aaron, Matthew and Callum all had bad weeks and have gone out accordingly. There is a new option called “Any Other Contestant” because I have a sneaky feeling we will see one of the eliminated contestants re-introduced back into the show as the numbers are lopsided for the group challengers at the moment. Thats just my personal hunch.

$3.30 : Marion

$5.50: Skye

$6.50: Jonathan

$8.00: Claire

$10.00: Peter

$17.00: Matthew, Adam

$24.00: Alvin

$26.00: Callum

$31.00: Any Other Contestant

$34.00: Aaron

$41.00: Joanne

$67.00: Sharnee

I am starting to think Peter can take out this competition. Jonathan and Marion will also be in it. Got to be honest still yet to see Skye cook before I would back her.

1 Anthony { 06.04.10 at 1:30 pm }

Go Jonathan!!!

Skye cooks quite well during group challenges, but i agree that it’s hard to remember them.

My top favourites at this stage are: Jonathan, Skye, Peter and Marion!
Marion has moved from my #1 fav spot because she’s starting to become a bit repetitive (it’s annoying that she keeps being portrayed as this great girl who everyone likes!) Plus the favouritism from the judges? I think she peaked WAY TOO EARLY.

Can anyone recall who was the early favourite from season 1? Surely, it wasn’t Julie, Justine or Poh (?) – who were my favs/general favs.

2 whirlpool.net.au { 06.04.10 at 1:32 pm }

Yeah cause Paul is our MC resident expert surprised he hasn’t shoved this info at us yet: http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/perth-confidential/masterchef-australia-rating-high/story-e6frg30l-1225875406837
They even referred to Paul: Now experts(Paul) are asking whether the show’s finale in July will outstrip the record breaking 3.72 million viewers for last year’s final episode, won by warm-hearted mum Julie Goodwin.

3 Paul { 06.04.10 at 1:45 pm }

Anthony,
From memory, Chris & Poh were the early stars and Justine & Julie were just starting to shine at about this stage. And I’m pretty sure Tom was one of the favourites as well.

whirlpool,
I don’t know what your point is. Yes, I posted those ratings the other day. They’re pretty easy to find. It was just something I thought people might find interesting.

4 whirlpool.net.au { 06.04.10 at 1:53 pm }

Paul
You don’t seem to know what anyones point is-only your own
The End

5 sourkraut { 06.04.10 at 2:40 pm }

Chris B $2.20, as they are going to make up for last year’s iniquity and bring him back. An Alaskan Bull moose told me

6 sourkraut { 06.04.10 at 2:46 pm }

Paul
nice post, but the “major opposition” to MC at 7:30, you have already previously agreed with me are anything but “major.” Top Gear would be great if it wasn’t for the arrogant prick who head comperes it and they are mostly repeats anyhoo.

7 TDK { 06.04.10 at 2:53 pm }

sourkraut – LMAO

8 anon { 06.04.10 at 3:39 pm }

Whirlpool,

paul thinks everyone else IS point-less.

As for this list, it’s just Paul’s favourites. He fancies Peter’s (underdone salmonella chicken leg) chances, and somehow, snap, there is Peter, above Alvin.

9 whirlpool.net.au { 06.04.10 at 3:46 pm }

My posts seem to be moderated now so I must have offended someone?

10 Reality Raver { 06.04.10 at 5:16 pm }

whirlpool – sometimes when you post a link you a comment it has to be moderated because the computer thinks it is spam. So I have to look at it to approve it. Unfortunately I am not at my computer at all times.

Your comment has now been approved. Bemused by the Campbell’s stock green thai curry recipe on the website.

11 whirlpool.net.au { 06.04.10 at 5:37 pm }

Thanks RR :) Sorry was thinking there’s a conspiracy against me now…those damn theories and all…yeah went to Coles today and actually bought some Campbells Stock…nearly stopped myself when I saw the Masterchef logo beside it as over the advertising onslaught…

12 spend a penny { 06.04.10 at 6:30 pm }

Paul your rating system seems to favour ladies/anglos or close to. thats who you say is watching and it doesnt always follow that young ‘white’ females vote for young ‘white’ females as Oz idol and US idol have found.

13 Paul { 06.04.10 at 7:44 pm }

anon,
have no opinion on Peter one way or the other. It is RR’s opinion at the bottom of original post.

Spend a penny,
Idol has an audience vote. MC doesn’t. Different voting structure otherwise I’d agree with you.
Only have ordered them based on cooking ability (in my opinion of course which could be totally wrong !!!!).

14 KC { 06.04.10 at 9:28 pm }

Marion has peaked early but I still like her a lot and I am still going for her to win 😀 I think Jono, Aaron and Callum are my next few because even though the last two have had bad weeks I still think they have it in them and Jono’s always been pretty awesome. But my list is completely biased because I think they cook well which I don’t know if it is the case 😀

15 Muru { 06.05.10 at 12:30 am }

Alvin has been put on the backburner it seems. We never see him anymore!

Anyway, even if an old contestant is reintroduced into the series, what are the chances that they’ll win if they’ve missed out on so much airtime? That is, unless it’s Marion who’s eliminated and reintroduced the following week, which wouldn’t surprise me given the joke of this “competition.”

I agree with all the odds except for Skye, for the same reason I gave last week.

16 CG { 06.05.10 at 9:32 am }

Paul, you keep bellowing that we only see a fraction of what goes on during MC tapings and we know we don’t get to see the dishes cooked by many contestants during the challenges. So your “odds” are – as you now admit – simply your own ranking of who the “best cooks” are. How can you determine who the best cooks are if we don’t see their dishes every week? How can you filter out what you see and don’t see in terms of the editing? Further, elimination challenges – like herb tests and taste tests – are not really related to the ability to cook and often come down to chance. Team challenges and the upcoming “pair” challenges can also lead to a contestant being eliminated on grounds other than their own cooking skills. So how the heck do you determine weekly odds…and down to 30 cent increments no less!

You constantly berate others on this board for justifying their favorites or theorising why one contestant should go or stay…yet you publish “odds” based on your personal preferences every week? You really are full of yourself aren’t you!!

RR: Not sure why you are giving Paul a forum to post his personal ratings on your blog every week, especially when he is so dismissive of others views and opinions. There is nothing behind Paul’s “odds” other than his personal views and biases. At the start of the series, you took a poll of all your readers. Why not take and publish a mid-season poll? It would be far more interesting and meaningful than Paul’s personal picks. I realise polls must be time consuming for you and understand why you might not want to do it. Is there a blogging tool that will allow you to set up votes for multiple contestants, perhaps when we get down to the final 10? Comparing each weekly poll with input from all your readers would be far more insightful and fun than getting a full blog post of Paul’s personal views every week!

17 sourkraut { 06.05.10 at 1:07 pm }

CG
Paul’s odds bring out lots of discussion. Always good fun.Who cares if its his opinion? My own crappy opinions are disagreed with by many. So what? Its all good fun (most of the time)
Your idea of a readers poll is a really good one but probably v hard for the Raver to actually do without a lot of work. if there is an easy way to do it it would be great.

18 CG { 06.05.10 at 2:53 pm }

Sour, it would all be ‘good fun’ if Paul wasn’t such a miserable turd and dismissive of almost everyone else’s views and opinions. He has regularly insulted anyone who trys to have some fun by pointing out editing issues, suggesting “conspiracy” theories or having a guess at what is really going on behind the scenes. He continues to assert that MC2 is solely a cooking contest and not an “entertainment/reality show” and comes up with precise “odds” each week as if he is some kind of insider and/or final arbitrator. If the weekly post on “odds” is merely Paul’s opinion heavily shaded by his views, mores, tastes and limited life experience then lets just call it that and stop feeding the “disease” as another poster so accurately described his tactics a few weeks ago. I’m not really enjoying MC2 as compared to the first season. Paul and his regular put-downs, criticism and moral superiority on this board is starting to ruin RR for me as well. Shame, it was such a fun place to “rave” with a bunch of smart and witty folks.

19 pollywaffle { 06.05.10 at 3:55 pm }

Skt – Please send Paul some ABMTS to fortify him during this nasty weather

20 Market values { 06.05.10 at 5:44 pm }

The behaviour you get is the behaviour you respond to.

21 Paul { 06.05.10 at 7:20 pm }

CG,
The odds are just merely my opinion. Have never pretended otherwise. If you’ve got a different opinion as to the likely winner, then I’m sure we’re all here and happy to hear it.

As for critisicm & put downs. Well, you’re happy to dish out on the show and the contestants. In fact I’m yet to hear anything nice from you about the show.

In short, if you dish it out then be prepared to take it.

Sour,
thanks for the support.

22 sourkraut { 06.05.10 at 7:30 pm }

Paul
There was someone famous who I cant remember who once said something else I cant quite remember, but the gist of it was:
I disagree with your opinion but I’ll fight to the death for your right to express the opinion. or similar
Undoubtedly many also disagree with my opininion and many ignore it…. Fair enough. Noone has to read it

23 Jenny Draut { 06.05.10 at 7:45 pm }

Sour

what the hell your trying to say!! but still makes me LOL

CG
with you 100%

Paul

what did I say before: lighten up

but have to agree with spend a penny that you seem to favour people are little “whiter”

how do you come up with the “odds”? please explain

24 Paul { 06.05.10 at 8:02 pm }

Jenny,
Simply my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I don’t know what you expect me to do. Make Adam or Alvin favourites simply because they’re Asian!!!!! Seems a bit silly to me.

I just happen to think that there are others who seem a bit stronger ATM. Who knows? Either could have a really strong week this week next week and they might go zooming into contention.

Do you think either are in the top 4 to win ?

25 Paul { 06.05.10 at 8:06 pm }

Sour,
nicely said. I disagree with you often however you do put up humourous arguments and I respect that.

Doesn’t mean I agree with them though. LOL.

26 whirlpool.net.au { 06.05.10 at 8:13 pm }

CG: with you 110%

27 Jenny Draut { 06.05.10 at 8:44 pm }

Paul

fair enough!!!

28 sourkraut { 06.06.10 at 11:44 pm }

Adam moving up to $10, Mathew down to $20 after Sunday night’s efforts.

29 gucci エコバッグ アウトレット { 11.02.13 at 3:33 am }

Hi, yup this post is in fact pleasant and I have learned lot of
things from it about blogging. thanks.

Look into my web site gucci エコバッグ アウトレット

30 ルイ ヴィトン ハンドバッグ 品質合格 { 11.04.13 at 2:41 am }

I am now not positive where you are getting your info, but good topic.

I must spend a while learning much more or figuring out more.
Thanks for wonderful info I was in search of this information for my mission.

Here is my blog … ルイ ヴィトン ハンドバッグ 品質合格

31 Regena { 11.26.13 at 2:30 am }

Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one
and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks?

If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything
you can advise? I get so much lately it’s driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.

32 特価 カジュアルシューズ 安心 { 12.30.13 at 5:29 pm }

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by
him as no one else know such detailed about my problem.
You are incredible! Thanks!

Here is my web-site; 特価 カジュアルシューズ 安心

33 2014 Clothing online { 01.15.14 at 9:42 pm }

I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

my blog post … 2014 Clothing online