Reality Tidbits – Saturday Morning Edition

Masterchef Australia when it hits London is going to be sensational if leading TV blogger TV Tonight is correct (which he normally is). The guest chefs are going to be Jamie Oliver, Heston Blumenthal, and Brett Graham as guests. Please, please, please make them do the Blumenthal dish where he puts are vibrator in the jelly.

Also there will be an Amazing Race scenario where the contestants race from London to Paris. Can’t wait. This should push the ratings to even greater heights.

The X Factor host Matthew Newton plans of fitting in his reality show responsibilities around visiting his girlfriend Rachael Taylor who is filming in Russia. (Source: Daily Telegraph)

Also on Matt Newton, the Kyle and Jackie O Show said that Simon Cowell picked him to be the host. Not all people were happy with the selection as TV writer was particularly scathing on his blog.

Simon Cowell has a pet mouse says the Daily Telegraph. Why is that news?

A Pointer Sister is heading into Celebrity Rehab (Source: Dlisted)

1 CG { 06.05.10 at 9:56 am }

Navigating London to Paris. Hmm. Not fiddling with the format, my arse. Ratings, yes! But wonder how jumping on Eurostar and then finding your way in to town from Gar du Nord is a test of cooking skills and will factor into the official weekly odds?

Jono lived in London didn’t he, does that give him leg up? Claire supposedly speaks (or at least reads) French? Many of the others probably didn’t have a passport until MC. Will Skye drop to the bottom of the odds sheet if she is still around by the time they go to the UK. Or will her cute little figure and happy nature keep her high on the list?

2 librarygirl { 06.05.10 at 10:56 am }

Sounds fabulous – I can’t wait!
Will be interesting if they go Eurostar to see how they have to punch their way through the aggressive gypsies at Gare du Nord.

3 Injera { 06.05.10 at 11:23 am }

The idea of an Amazing Race scenario turns me right off. Hated it with the Melbourne challenge; no reason to love it now. Particularly since, as CG pointed out, there are advantages to those who have 1. lived in the UK and 2. speak French.

Best amada shefs who can also juggle chainsaws while singing all verses of American Pie with no errors.

4 rusty { 06.05.10 at 11:55 am }

Someone fill me in on what all the Amazing Race/Eurostar bit is about?

5 librarygirl { 06.05.10 at 12:41 pm }

Someone else can explain Amazing race.
Eurostar is the train you get on in the centre of London and get off two and a quarter hours later in Paris, about 10 minutes away from the centre of the city. Gare du Nord is the railway station.

6 sourkraut { 06.05.10 at 1:26 pm }

Raver
WTF has an amazing race got to do with finding the best cook?
Worse still, out of the assorted ockkers, bogans, clowns etc remaining, how many will embarass OZ by carrying on like some loud mouthed obnoxious Yank a la the other amazing race?
Finally why go to France at all (appeal to the ignorant….”oooohhhh its french it must be magnifique” ? Overrated cwizzine. Should go to Iceland and teach them to cook a Hangi near the volcano. BAH HUMBUG!

7 CG { 06.05.10 at 1:31 pm }

Simon Cowell has a pet mouse? Ummmm. Are we sure it isn’t a gerbil? Richard Gere had a gerbil.

8 rusty { 06.05.10 at 2:23 pm }

librarygirl

Duh, I know what they are, dear. Funnily enough, I ‘ve even been on one of them a dozen times – I let you guess which one – but it was the connection to MC I was trying to work out.

However, I have now managed to work out that RR’s para. 2 is connected to para. 1

9 Suzanne { 06.05.10 at 2:47 pm }

Thank for the goss RR. Are you still blogging on The Amazing Race?

10 Muru { 06.05.10 at 3:26 pm }

“Simon Cowell has a pet mouse says the Daily Telegraph. Why is that news?”

Slow news day, perhaps?

I owned over 100 pet mice when I was 5. Let’s put that in the news!

11 librarygirl { 06.05.10 at 4:07 pm }

Sorry rusty – I did think it was an odd question!
Connection to Masterchef : creating more excitement and more people watching is the goal of course – it is after all, just a television show. High ratings : charge more for advertisements – more money going to the network. It’s big business – not a community service announcement. Also they did exactly the same thing with the Hong Kong challenge last year, except on a smaller scale, so it’s not like it’s a new idea on the show…

12 Jacqui { 06.05.10 at 5:04 pm }

RR- You have to find out the name of Simons mouse. I think we all need to know this apparently, thank you Daily Telegraph for informing us of that face.

13 Jacqui { 06.05.10 at 5:05 pm }

Sorry- that should have read fact! lol

14 Jenny Draut { 06.05.10 at 6:04 pm }

I really am way behind the MC game.

cant believe they-MC chose to go to UK of all places!!

Sour

you always make me laugh without fail….

did watch the Amazing Race some days ago, got to say not a bad show at all…very intense and very good at the same time…has the winning team been announced yet??

15 pollywaffle { 06.05.10 at 8:38 pm }

Wots the race to Paris for? Dont tell me…. at the top of the Eiffel there’s going to be a small bald dude and BFG awaiting with hot croissants and then send them back down all those steps to the local I-Gee-A for butter?

16 Jenny Draut { 06.05.10 at 8:55 pm }

Pollyw

LMAO!!!!

17 rusty { 06.05.10 at 9:20 pm }

librarygirl,

thanks! I didn’t watch MC last year, so took a while to catch on to the concept that actual cooking is not enough to keep viewers.

18 Reality Raver { 06.06.10 at 8:33 am }

CG – I reckon they should make them get to Paris without going on the Eurostar, and have to do some challenge with the day trippers on the ferry to Calais!

I am going to disagree with Injera, Sourkraut and CG, and this maybe because I have just watched 6 hours of The Amazing Race in the past 48 hours but I think it will bring a different element to the show. It is six nights a week, and they need to mix it up a bit.

The thing that is really irritating me about the show is Matt Preston turning into a parody of himself. What next the dance of the seven cravats?

CG – As a massive Richard Gere fan I NEVER (ok repressed those Gerbil rumours) Maybe he found Buddhism after that to seek forgiveness.

Rusty – will make my segue’s a bit clearer from now on.

Suzanne – I will try and get my Amazing Race blog post up today.

Library Girl – The Hong Kong challenge was fun, I am trying to remember if the person who got into the kitchen first won. By the way I like your blog.

19 Reality Raver { 06.06.10 at 11:21 am }

Muru and Jacqui – I am also at fault for actually reporting on it as well, the Simon Cowell has a heart for mice story.

Pollywaffle – LOL

20 Paul { 06.06.10 at 1:55 pm }

The HK episodes were great last year.

They go abroad in Masterchef UK as well. Have done so since inception so hardly a new concept. And France and the UK are two countries that the general audience out there can relate to.

21 Paul { 06.06.10 at 2:00 pm }

RR,
Trying to rack my brain as to who won the HK episode as well but can’t remember. From memory it was down to Julie, Poh, Justine, Chris, Julia & Lucas(they reintroduced them for this trip) & Andre.

Actualy didn’t Julie win because her prize was to cook at the Hong Kong Jockey Club.

22 librarygirl { 06.06.10 at 3:24 pm }

Sam and Andre won the Amazing Race challenge in HK, had to go from the Peak to the wet markets, buy stuff and cook a piglet. Julie and Justine lost. Chris had immunity and a day off because he’d won the invention test ( I think). I think then Julie and Justine had a stir fry cook off and Julie won. I don’t think Poh was in HK, but Lucas and Justine yes. Loved the eps in HK!

23 sourkraut { 06.06.10 at 11:42 pm }

Librarygirl
From memory Justine totally stuffed up cooking the pig and I think but cant remember Julie helped her out??????????? I could be utterly wrong there.