Masterchef Australia – Masterclass Open Post

George and Gary are passing on their culinary wisdom again tonight here is a post to give your opinion about the episode.

Unfortunately I will miss the wicked bread maker as I am out for a few wines.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 8:37 pm }

that’s only 5 bewdifools so far

2 Anon { 06.18.10 at 8:46 pm }

six now…first dish looks awful…

3 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 8:50 pm }

hope that fish can swim (in all that butter)

4 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 8:54 pm }

George
Where do I buy the ingredient “phhuurrrtt” to make the dog balls hash browns

5 Anon { 06.18.10 at 8:57 pm }

we don’t want frankenstien dishes but elegant ones…combining land and sea…okay G whatever you reckon.

6 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 9:02 pm }

Claire
Dont look so un impressed at julies no 1 cook book 9complete with bank pages for alzheimers type authors)

7 Anon { 06.18.10 at 9:05 pm }

Um…I think the Gs still are the ‘butter boys’…would love to know how many tonnes of butter have been used in two seasons of masterchef..

8 Anon { 06.18.10 at 9:08 pm }

Sourkraut-at least they made the effort this time to pretend to look pleased. I guess that why Marion got chosen for the private masterclass…nothing to learn from Julie.

9 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 9:16 pm }

Gary
Who is this Joolee Guid Win?
Her dish looked yummy! but who has shares in the butter factory?

10 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 9:25 pm }

That bread looks DELICIOUS. leaves our packaged processed PAP for dead!

11 Anon { 06.18.10 at 9:30 pm }

Getting high on bread…
http://www.brasseriebread.com.au/…they have a masterchef special

12 sourkraut { 06.18.10 at 9:37 pm }

Yummo!

13 Anon { 06.18.10 at 9:47 pm }

The Gs back using the butter. Looks like brassiere bread gives classes…

14 seepi { 06.18.10 at 9:51 pm }

Tonight is like an homage to Brown.

Julie’s dish would have been a winner for those truckies that hate vegies. Brown on brown, with bacon on top.

That bread did look pretty amazing though.

15 rusty { 06.18.10 at 9:53 pm }

That flour they used was Kialla, if anyone is interested. You can get it from most health or wholefood shops, in 1k flour bags.

I notice c10 carefully cut the brand each time the camera panned to the flour. You can’t get it at Coles.

16 TDK { 06.18.10 at 10:01 pm }

Garry throws peanuts onto the honeycomb and Joanne asks “Are the peanuts raw peanuts?”.
I laughed my head off, even a non-cook like me can logically guess that it’s roasted peanuts, who would eat raw peanuts or cook peanuts on a honeycomb?!!

17 TDK { 06.18.10 at 10:04 pm }

Getting tired of the lame setup of the external masterclass guys coming back “just in time” / “on time”!!

18 Anon { 06.18.10 at 10:07 pm }

TDK-Yeah after waiting for a couple of hours outside for the cue
….OMG next weeks episodes look great! Hang head in shame…I am so sucked in by the preview….

19 pollywaffle { 06.18.10 at 10:18 pm }

Those Gs are mighty confusing for the budding amata chefs, wot with all that Barra-Baa-Baa to compete with. Callum, stunned mullet expression was taking it all in, preparing for his tribute next week in the UK, Toad in an arsehole

20 ThreeBees { 06.18.10 at 10:20 pm }

haha “this would destroy the caramel, which is not what we’re looing for.”
oh really? Personally I always go for destroyed caramel.

21 pollywaffle { 06.18.10 at 10:21 pm }

Julie + Gary+ George … at the bench tonight, Widescreen got a run for its money

22 pollywaffle { 06.18.10 at 10:23 pm }

Is Aaron breaking OHS in every kitchen he is visiting with his vile non sterile cranial coverage.

bread ( with nit eggs for texture) anyone?

23 pollywaffle { 06.18.10 at 10:27 pm }

George Cruise got off the scene eal pronto when Julie came on, wouldnt have anything to do with, blowing his cookbook off the best seller list to the schizenhousen?

24 seepi { 06.18.10 at 10:31 pm }

Gary was not amused when Julie described their cooking together / kitchen dance as ‘hippos in tutus’.

25 pollywaffle { 06.18.10 at 10:35 pm }

Yeah and wot was that about move faster bitch, we are speedy now in the MC kitchen without your sloth

26 pollywaffle { 06.18.10 at 10:35 pm }

My favourite moment

Geo : watch this cream , you throw it in like this it foams up and becomes a mousse, just like chocolate mousse’

8 year old nearby: George is doing magic cream Mum

Geos sauce splits and emerges with unstabilised cream gunge

8 year old : George tells lies Mum, his cream looks like yours

27 librarygirl { 06.19.10 at 8:45 pm }

Interesting that Julie’s scallops and cauli and bacon were something the contestants could actually make within the shows’ time constraints, unlike the Gs ” just leave it in the oven for 45 minutes/ freeze for 2 hours” etc. I also liked Julie’s comment about the cauli mash – “you could just microwave it to re-heat” – Gary absolutely ignored it!

28 Airwalk { 06.20.10 at 6:30 am }

Must say I like Gary as a teacher-much better without Geo there(finally got round to watching Fridays ep and love the peanut butter ice cream with choc ganache…lusting after Reeces Peanut Butter Cups now, or the ice cream with smashed up reeces in it)….that dish was not a Golden Gaytime though!!! No nuts in a gaytime, only joyous biscuit crumbs!!! Would have loved the dessert anyway but for gawds sake give the microherbs a rest…and Claire is looking positively suicidal nowadays isn’t she? (just as well she had some dessert at the end or she may have stuck her head in the Sunbeam blender or grabbed one of the sponsors knives and topped herself)(oh and Sharnee as a bogun…nah mate but Jo maybe)

29 Fides { 06.20.10 at 12:42 pm }

librarygirl, agree there seemed to be a weird vibe between Gary and Julie. I also liked when Gary did the obligatory plug for the Sunbeam blender and Julie said that she would just use the same food processor to save on washing up. Julie, follow the script will you!

The honeycomb was giving me “foodgasms” as Aaron might say…

I noticed on the previews for London week, that on the contestants chef whites, they have sponsors (Qantas and I think it looked like Amex) emblazoned on the sleeves. They look like the cricket team. If that is what they needed to do to get the contestants to England for a week of great TV, then OK.

But I’m just picturing next season and hoping their normal white aprons don’t become a giant advertising space. MC, please don’t go down that path.

30 pollywaffle { 06.20.10 at 12:56 pm }

That sauce-wipe moment between Geo and Alvin last week was the only authentic golden gaytime I’ve seen recreated on the show.

I’ll be watching for a couple of things in the UK:

Whether Jonno’s Inspector Clouseau act goes up a notch when he gets to Paris