April Fool’s Day? An Australian Version Of I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here?

In I can’t believe it is true with rumours that Channel Nine may be considering doing an Australian version of I’m A Celebrity….. Get Me Out Of Here.

According to the Sunday Telegraph “Melbourne socialite” Brynne Edelsten told them she had been approached to appear on the show. Apparently the show would be shot in South America on the same set of Wipeout.

No other word on who else they may be considering, however does Australia have the amount of celebrities of the calibre of Brynne to actually be in the cast?

Channel Nine have said “We’ve been looking for something, because Nine doesn’t have a MasterChef or Dancing With The Stars” the source said.

“So it would be a good fit, but it’s expensive – probably about $2 million a week”.

Who else would be good on the show. I expect Clare Chk Chk Boom Werbeloff looks like a perfect fit for the show as she now has a cover of Ralph magazine on her resume.

Who would you cast in the show?

1 Paul { 06.20.10 at 1:55 pm }

Ajay Rochester is on a plane back as I write this. LOL.

Lara Bingle
Max Markson
That Home & Away ‘star’ that appeared on Come Dine With Me.
Naomi Robson
Richard Wilkins
Jason Akermanis

All the above will do anything to remain in the public eye.

2 Injera { 06.20.10 at 2:28 pm }

Excellent cast, Paul – still wouldn’t watch it… or would I?

What about either Shane Warne or Andrew Symonds?
And maybe Sophie Monk…

3 Paul { 06.20.10 at 2:47 pm }

Injera,
Sophie Monk would be a must. Of course we would have to drag her away from her blossoming waitressing (oops I meant acting) career in LA but I’m sure she could find time.

I like the idea of either Warnie or Symonds there as well.

4 Reality Raver { 06.20.10 at 3:23 pm }

Injera and Paul – I am now warming to the idea of watching it. I wonder if Warnie would have to have a baked bean clause.

Andrew Johns might be looking for a new gig.

I think you are on the money with Ajay Rochester

5 Injera { 06.20.10 at 3:29 pm }

Paul – blossoming waitressing, sorry – acting – career indeed!

RR – Warnie’s famed food trepidation would make him the perfect candidate for the “eat a kangaroo penis” challenge. Yes, Johns would be a good call.

I think perhaps Millsy might bring something to the group, too.

6 Reality Raver { 06.20.10 at 4:40 pm }

There will be at least three former Big Brother contestants for sure. Oh yes Millsy needs a new gig.

7 seepi { 06.20.10 at 10:28 pm }

I was going to put forward a few Big Brother types – does it matter that that was on Ten. It is almost ancient history these days anyway.

8 Helen { 03.17.13 at 1:46 am }

I was the UK version once and it was absolute rubbish. Any reality tv program with celebrities is annoying, they’re always trying to speak over each other, they have such big egos. I much prefer to watch regular Joe’s on these shows, seeing as the title of this particular show is about celebrities well I’ll just give it a miss I think.