Masterchef Australia – “Destination London Rock On”

Ok first do I need to put up a separate blog post to discuss Matt Preston’s hair?  Regular commenter CG whose specialist subject on Mastermind (when will they bring back that show?) will be Matt Preston’s hair on Masterchef Australia Season 2, thoughts on this issue would be welcome.

Anyway the contestants were off to London, and it looks like they were there on 23 April if the date on one their digital camera’s is anything to go by.

The episode was part melodrama, tragedy, comedy and love story.

When Jonathan said “If I could just meet Heston Blumenthal it would be a dream come true” I thought they were  setting it up for tomorrow night’s episode.  I was wrong. This was where the love story and comedy came in.

Anyway the contestants were understandably chuffed about going to London, and Callum showed how he has survived so long in the competition by crawling, I am sure he packed the Masterchef Cookbook in his bag.

It was like The Amazing Race they had their own check in counter at the airport and next minute they were at “Destination London, rock on” as Aaron said.

The London episode made the Hong Kong one look positively provincial with who they were going to meet. The prize for tonight was a masterclass with Jamie Oliver, and then going to the top 50 restaurants of the world awards with Matt Preston.

Tomorrow Heston Blummenthal challenge which surely will have people cancelling plans all over town so they can stay in and watch it.

To get win the masterclass they had to design and cook their own pastry in three hours. They needed nine pieces to fill a tiered tray. Cherish Finden (loved the name) was the pastry chef for the Langham Hotel would be on hand to advise them.

There was only one oven, so Marion said you had to be careful just in case you slammed and made someones sponge collapse. Really I would be using this as an attempt to sabotage some of the stronger players, but later on this was not required as there was a lot of self sabotaging occurring.

Aaron’s sponges were not great but at least he was not deluded as he admitted they did look like green pimples.

Callum started off badly and had to make the macaroon mixture again as Gary thought it looked too coarse and therefore they would not come out shiny.

Adam was just having a bad day with the oven door left open when his shortbread was in the oven.Accident I think you could barely see it in the bottom of the oven. Then his mousse did not set and he only got three pieces done.

Jonathan spent the whole of the challenge tempering chocolate.

By the way does anyone else think the hygiene is bad when they are working in proper kitchens. No hats and George Calombaris sticking his fingers into bowls.

Claire made an apple and rhubarb layer cake, with some green fairy floss on top, you knew she was not in the mix to win as we barely saw her all episode.

Matt preston siad “I can’t help thinking I am looking at sushi.” and did not think the rhubarb flavour popped. Gary Mehigan thought the sponge was dry.

Gary worked out why Adam’s mousse did not set  in his shortbread with white chocolate and violet mousse. It was the gelatine.

George said if it was his kitchen he would not have let them taste it “I would have thrown it”. Poor Adam looked like he was close to tears.

Marion’s pistachio sponge with raspberry & lychee syrup was “very sweet and needs more of the jelly” according to Matt Preston.

Aaron’s pistachio sponge looked dreadful, and George told him to to get practising and that it was unacceptable.

Jono’s chocolate delice looked pretty bad. Matt liked the “redcurrents on the mousse” but thought the chocolate looked like badly applied fake tan. But the flavours were good and George said he would not expect them to know how to temper chocolate.

Joanne’s hazelnut and raspberry mousse sponge “that’s not masterchef and it more like pastries for three year old. It is not top eight Masterchef.” Wow that was a smack down.

Alvin’s soursop sponge tasted like sour milk.  I thought it looked good.

Callum’s  violet macaroons looked amazing. George gave him a standing ovation, which indicated that he was the one who was going to win the prize.

The top three dishes of the day were Jonothan, Marion and Callum, not hard to pick as the rest were disasters. So I don’t know why Marion was so happy it was top three by default. And Callum obviously won. Jono did not look happy.

Callum then was put in a Survivoresque dilemma of having to pick someone to go with him, thus risking being ostracised by the group for the rest of the competition.   He picked Jonothan, giving his reason that he talks about the chef’s that would be at the awards all the time. Basically Callum wanted Jono to whisper who they were in his ear so he did not embarrass himself. I was glad as at least someone going to the Jamie Oliver masterclass would have some food knowledge.

Jamie Oliver looked tired and seriously I am not sure about  his had buffalo ricotta, honey and ground coffee. Jono said it was “interesting” and his face did not look particularly thrilled after he had tasted it.

However I thought it was amazing how Jamie made a steak look so good, both in presentation and flavour.

Then it was off to the awards, and seriously can whoever edited this episode win a Logie, I could not stop laughing at the Jonathan/Heston Blummenthal interaction. They made Jono look like some crazed stalker complete with psycho music going on in the background.

Jono was gushing over Heston and, as Callum said Jonothan meeting Heston was his second highlight of the night. Even he was amused by it.

Jonothan did the I have been a fan of you for so long, and stood in his body space grinning madly at him. Heston had the recoiled look of who the hell is this mad guy. However there was something touching about him meeting his idol.

Tomorrow night it will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure of doing a challenge while he was there the previews already shows he gets teary.

By the way for those who care Matt Preston tweeted that the reason his hair was different was that they were in London so a different stylist.

1 seepi { 06.20.10 at 11:23 pm }

Callum can cook – his mauve meringues looked amazing.

George was Mr Nasty tonight. It is like they’ve decided now they are down to top 8, no more pussyfooting around.

I didn’t really get the green floss on Claire’s dessert – the crown was silver, blue and red. Insteresting how the creativity required freaked her out.

And Aaron was waaay out of his depth. He didn’t even try to fill the cake tray neatly, so no wonder they cooked all misshapen.

2 Melanie Young { 06.20.10 at 11:27 pm }

loving yr rap ups. I thought this episode was fantastic – all the sophistication and poshness of the Langham, afternoon tea, the top 50 restaurant awards, hangin’ with Jamie Oliver – along with the contestants’ raw, almost child like, excitement at going to the big smoke LONDON! I got excited with them! And yes Jono trembling at the sight of Heston….hilarious!

3 Wurstsemmel { 06.20.10 at 11:34 pm }

Matt Preston meets Justin Bieber. Baby, baby, baby, NO!
CG , you have a lot to answer for. Can’t hold you responsible for the lilac look though.

The episode picked up pace though and even Marion was inspired to build her vocabulary with old faithful ‘awesome’ replaced by the more upmarket ‘holy crap.

Have to say none of the offerings looked particularly tempting to me. Callum’s was the best and at least his macroons matched the attire of ‘him with the pneumatic jaw’

Come to think of it, perhaps Matt is channelling Barbara Cartland now he’s returned to our mutual home town.
And, in a week of bad dye jobs, what’s happened to Jamie?

4 Kaylen { 06.20.10 at 11:35 pm }

Ohmigosh! Matt Preston washed his hair!

The world is ending! I can’t think of anything else to say!

Ohmigosh!

*faint*

5 EssjAyeats { 06.20.10 at 11:38 pm }

It has to be known as the hair episode…WTF was up with Jamie’s hair?and even jonathans hairline at the nape of his neck drew my attention.

6 rusty { 06.20.10 at 11:42 pm }

yes, RR, Iv’e been thinking that since day 1.

“does anyone else think the hygiene is bad when they are working in proper kitchen”

in real kitchens you’d lose your health cert.

I only saw that last 40 minutes but thought that jamie Oliver, tired or not, was like a breath of fresh air after all the pretentious Melbourne and Sydney nobody chefs MC have been lining up. Even if he did feel obliged to hand them bits of his kitchen to make up for the lack of having given their visit any thought what-so-ever.

Loved Callum’s violet macaroons and dumbstruck expression at being let out into the big world!

7 sourkraut { 06.20.10 at 11:50 pm }

MEH!

8 AnonyMousse { 06.21.10 at 12:00 am }

Did I spot Callum carrying a Ukulele when he was pulling his packed baggage out of his room? Essential packing indeed.

I loved the expressions of the chefs at the award ceremony – almost none of them even looked at Matt/Callum/Jono while they were talking – they were all too busy looking for people they knew/actually cared about.

9 TDK { 06.21.10 at 12:29 am }

I only enjoyed the Jamie Oliver section.

10 Fides { 06.21.10 at 1:03 am }

Other bit of bad kitchen hygiene that had me cringing was Callum licking the cream off his fingers while he was arranging the berries and cream on his macaroons.

George was so grumpy! What was with him being annoyed that none of the contestants were talking to each other during the challenge? What were they meant to be saying? And poor Adam – I think – if he’d said no, he didn’t want his mousse slop tasted, he’d have been criticised for totally giving up… at least Gary gave constructive feedback.

Best part of episode by far was Jono – him acting like some lunatic, lovestruck stalker was the highlight and I loved his crazy eyes photo with Heston right at the end.

11 duke nukem { 06.21.10 at 1:23 am }

highlights:
All the shots of Jono’s “wide-eyed” expression: the editors having fun!

Jamie has a spoonful of cheese headed towards Callum’s mouth, aeroplane style, and stunned Callum opens his mouth ready to be spoon-fed but at the last second Jamie hands the spoon to Callum. Perhaps this is what Callum was referring to in his video diary when he felt like a “stunned mullet” in Jamie’s presence.

Noticing food particles fly from Jamie’s mouth while he’s talking and eating.

Heston’s awkward body language during the Jono encounter.

12 KC { 06.21.10 at 1:33 am }

I’m glad for this episode because Callum finally picked up and we saw the Callum of the earlier episodes. I thought his dessert looked really good and you could tell that it was inspired by the crown and the middle of the macaroons looked amazing! I would loved to have had one. Same with Jono’s because I love chocolate desserts 😀

I was so happy for Callum to win and it was so sweet of him to pick Jono because out of all of them, Jono really did seem like the one who was desperate to win this challenge. I think for these contestants, they really should have avoided that white icing. On most of the examples of the afternoon tea desserts, I don’t think any of them had that kind of icing smothering the dessert like that. And they were all so beautiful and delicate and I wish they had more shots of them…Ahhh so hungry….

Jamie Oliver cooks SO quickly and his part was way too short. The Top 50 chefs part was a bit awkward but it was so funny seeing Jono meet his idol. HE WAS SO HAPPY and Callum’s comment about it was hilarious 😀

13 Fiona { 06.21.10 at 2:11 am }

I think those that used the white fondant icing were being a little bit lazy and thought that would make up for their lack of skill with icing and delicate decoration. Instead they all came out looking like great big lumps of icing covered wedding cake, too thick and sugary, and underneath it all a bit of sponge. I think we can all see that pastry chefs are in a class of their own and it is not something you can just dabble in, most of them came up very short I’m afraid. Callum did really well, even if he did have to make his mixture twice, it was worth it. He deserved the win.

Not sure about Matt’s hair, it is very schizophrenic this season, I wish he’d make his mind up how he is going to wear it. Loved how his outfit matched Callum’s macaroons though.

Much as I love Jamie Oliver, it seemed like he had promised to give them a few minutes and cooked and talked like a maniac to fit in as much as humanly possible. No wonder the boys looked stunned, most people’s brains don’t seem to move as fast as Jamie’s. Loved Jonathan’s expression when he tasted the cheese/honey/coffee thing!

Tomorrow should be interesting if they have to try to creat some of Heston Blumenthal’s Jekyll & Hyde-type food creations!!

14 CG { 06.21.10 at 3:21 am }

I reckon Matt P. may be going through some sort of mid-life crisis with all his experimenting with hairstyles, colouring over the grey, etc. Twitter was alive with hair comments tonight and Matt, who seems to be getting a little paranoid, felt compelled to respond.

About 10 years ago I spent a couple of months living at the Langham Hilton while I was working in London. It was absolutely not known for the quality of its food but it did have what seemed to be a very popular barber shop. In the barber shop they had a curtained off area that I remeber thinking was pretty funny because clearly it was where men went to get things done they didn’t want to have done sitting in a chair in full view of other customers. I reckon Matt took advantage of his no-doubt unregulated expense account and got a colour and blow dry soon after he arrived from Australia. I think the Justin Bieber style is a coincidence as I doubt this barber shop which caters to stuffy suits even knows what “a Bieber” is.

Given Matt’s need to respond to last week’s and now this week’s Twitter chatter about his hair, it makes me wonder if he can handle the chatter that will ensue if he goes on Biggest Loser or becomes a Jenny Craig model?

Anyhoo, back to the episode. I think the hype re going to London was really over done and the product placement: Amex, Qantas, Langham, etc. is just too much. The episode felt like the Amazing Race, right down to the annoying ignorance of the contestants (the one thing I hate about Amazing Race is the ignorant Amercians who have never travelled before and who are so disinterested and disrespectful of other cultures). Continuing the Amazing Race analogy, George seemed to be playing the guy who has to approve your work and give you the clue to move on to the next task.

My first reaction was how the results of the challenge proved what a poor bunch of cooks have made the final eight. But then I started to be less critical and consider whether it is fair to assume that a good cook / chef should also be good at making pastries. Still, Aaron’s effort was appalling and Adam’s wasn’t much better. I thought Joanne’s creation looked like a boob: something for toddlers, indeed!

As for Jamie Oliver, I can’t help but feel that the producers decided to keep Callum in the competition until now knowing that it would be good viewing for him to meet former boy-wonder Oliver (who is really starting to look old). It was quite sweet though when Callum picked Jono to join him. Clearly Callum is just a nice, young, naive kid.

The segment with Oliver was pretty rushed and the restaurant critics event even moreso. Not sure why Jono meeting Heston got such hype given Heston is going to be involved in tomorrow’s challenge anway?

Looking forward to rest of the week. I have a feeling Matt is one of those English guys who only bathes once every three days so not expecting a change of hair-do until later in the week. Also wondering how many people will be eliminated this week. We usually have two people eliminated per week but it sounds like only one will go as things are slowed down to milk ratings and ad dollars.

15 Airwalk { 06.21.10 at 6:46 am }

Its late(just watched MC Sunday) so won’t say much as its all been said-and well said. Matts hair OMG?(and my god he is indeed growing before our eyes to resemble a Star Wars character I will not name) ,Gary-I like his educated and well mannered comments, Geo looks like a bald troll especially when he eats and pulled some odd faces(rewound twice to see the look as Marion exited the room after her tasting), Jamies hair-oh dear but his passioon is always nice to see, I was touched by Jon meeting Heston-he nearly hugged him…Heston IS a king…wish all three including Marion could have gone on the reward outing. Must admit am looking forward to Hestons challenge Monday night. Thanks again for the blog RR…how come Skye has so many votes? How can I rig it for Irmgard to win…:)

16 NT Kate { 06.21.10 at 7:39 am }

1. Winner of the Invention test – a very close call what with Jamie and all, but I’m voting for Matt’s hair. Colour and blow dry or….wig?! I reckon the latter.

2. Yep pastry making is very very hard particularly that type of delicate confection. Not really surprising that nearly all of them fluffed it – should have given them a lesson and a recipe to construct not attempt to invent. I agree fondant is a cheating method and I don’t like it much, but smart really to present something that at least looks ok. Odd to give Johnno so much credit for failing to carry off what he was attempting to do – personally I thought Marion made the right call in abandoning the attempt to temper chocy.

3. The Ossies abroad stuff wasn’t quite as embarrassing (yet at least) as the HK trip last year, but really, why did they only get half an hour to pack?! And I notice they carefully didn’t show us anything on the plane, odd given the marketing blitz for QF (would have liked to get their take on Neil Perry approved airline food!!). Notice too that they apparently went cattle class poor things, shame on you Qantas for being cheap in your sponsorship deal – bet G and co were upfront though.

4. I agree we should have had more Jamie – really shows up everyone else in terms of sheer energy and enjoyment, genuine creativity.

5. You can only wish George could be a little more nurturing of the contestants in a Jamiesq way. Why are they being so much on their high horse about being judges – if they are going to prowl around the kitchen, I think they should be more mentors, and let the external people bought in to actually judge and be objective.

6. Johnno oh poor poor Johnno. It was funny though.

17 Bee { 06.21.10 at 8:45 am }

My thoughts:

1. Agree with CG that Joanne’s cakes looked like boobs – complete with a nice pink nipp on top

2. Our household was in hysterics when Jonno was saying bye to Heston and snuck in one last stroke of his arm. Though I am really glad Callum picked him to go, I thought he deserved it due to his insane excitedness and he tried so hard in the challenge.

3. Any home masterchefs out there who can tell me why when Callum took his macaroons out of the oven, there were forks on each tray? Also are they were macarons vs macaroons??

4. Also spotted Callum packing the MC book – though it didn’t look like the one they sell in Coles

Looks like it’s going to be a great week. They’ve done well pulling the name chefs.

18 wallah { 06.21.10 at 8:45 am }

Wow, one would have thought that Jono had won the challenge, the way he was carrying on. He did win the challenge of looks……shitty when he didn’t win, bored when looking at buffalo ricotta, and crazier than a shithouse rat stuck in a drainpipe at the awards ceremony. Did they get to hang around for the actual ceremony or were the tickets for the pre-game show?

19 librarygirl { 06.21.10 at 9:31 am }

Callum deserved to win, but I was on the couch all but shrieking “pick Jono! pick Jono!” (for the Jamie masterclass) like I was at a children’s pantomime. I think he really meant it when he said something to Jamie like, if we go no further in the competition we can’t get any better than this. And his fanboy worship of Heston is priceless.
An aside – that dessert making really separated the weak and strong contestants. Even though Adam’s gelatine went wrong,
his idea looked beautiful and creative. Jo and Aaron’s didn’t even LOOK appealing. How can they survive this week?
(Loved the present from Jamie – I hope Jono gets to souvenir a bit of Heston B).

20 duke nukem { 06.21.10 at 9:45 am }

Bee, the forks were probably to weigh down the grease proof paper at the edges as the oven fan causes the paper to fly around and damage the delicate macaroons. Macarons or macaroons…. i”m not sure.

21 seepi { 06.21.10 at 9:53 am }

Aaron’s looked so abysmal the judges hardly bothered ripping into him. Whereas Adam’s did look like a great idea that didn’t quite work, and they were vicious.

I thought it was funny that Matt and Gary hated Joanne’s, and yet George had to stick up for it, because he had helped her with it.

It is interesting that even Gary hates fondant – does anyone like the stuff?

I really enjoyed this challenge – also, I was totally stuck on any ideas of anything I would have done, where usually I can think of something, so I did feel like it was quite a challenge for them.

22 MelbaToast { 06.21.10 at 10:48 am }

Matt’s hair was pretty bad last night. My boyfriend wondered what Ray Martin’s hair had been doing since Ray left TV…and now we know!

I think Jamie has ADHD! I was seriously exhausted after just watching the 10 mins they had of him on the show. Imagine spending a whole afternoon with him – you’d like a Bex and lie down that’s for sure.

Jono is a total stalker…touching poor Heston’s arm one last night as he was leaving. Someone is going to have a restraining order out against them soon.

That said – I LOVE that they are in London. Made me want to book my tix asap!

23 AnnyB { 06.21.10 at 10:54 am }

Macarons v macaroons – macaroons are usually made with coconut and do not have a filling.

Would have loved to see Cherish (also love that name) make several of pastries just to show how it’s done.

What a contrast to the Jonno in the taxi and your description of him at the awards (didn’t watch the last half hour). In the taxi he had the air of someone who had been there done that.

24 Fides { 06.21.10 at 11:34 am }

One thing that bothered me, and I hope someone here can come up with an explanation, is the way the contestant commentaries were done at the start of the show while they were still in Australia. There’s one part where they show them all arriving at the airport, then it crosses to Adam wearing a pink t-shirt (which is what he was wearing at the airport) commenting, on the set with the normal saucepans background, how excited he felt when they arrived (past tense) at the international terminal. I had to watch it again because I found it so puzzling. And also if they really were in a desperate rush and only had 1/2 an hour to pack, a few contestants also managed to squeeze in their commentaries wearing their MC kitchen (I remember Alvin’s scarf) as well as their airport clothes.

My theory is that as their flights were delayed because of the volcanic ash from Iceland, they had to cut out the bit where Adam says “I was so excited when we arrived at the airport but discovered QANTAS had cancelled all flights to London for the forseeable future and us, as well as left hundreds of people, stranded.”

I feel so cheated when I know reality tv is all an illusion.

25 pollywaffle { 06.21.10 at 1:05 pm }

I could have swore there was an announcement of ‘ get your fois gras over here folks’ each time the MC contestants were introduced to a ‘great chef’, each one couldn’t get away fast enough once they deciphered the MC link ( you could almost hear the Benny Hill music)

Matt P must have asked a barber the way to Carnaby St, and the latter heard, I want a ‘way out Carnaby St’

26 Paul { 06.21.10 at 2:02 pm }

Excellent show last night.

Hmmm – don’t know about Jamie O. He looked really tired but was bouncing around like he had just had 10 coffees in a row….

27 akris { 06.21.10 at 2:12 pm }

Hmm I think I may be the only one not particularly impressed with Jamie’s section.. he just seemed all over the place as if Masterchef being there was such an inconvenience… which is fine becuse he probably is a busy guy… but at least pretend to make a bit more of an effort… the giveaway of mortar and pestle was just an exclamation mark to what I felt was his ‘meh’ approach to hosting the masterclass visit.

28 sourkraut { 06.21.10 at 2:31 pm }

Had to LMAO when Gary made his superb comment about (WORDS TO THIS EFFECT) “the amatchas have so much more to learn about pastry cheffing until they reach a purfeshonal level”.
Thereby implying “these stumblebums are not as good as us experts yet”
Anyway here’s the definition of an expert………….
“x” is an unknown quantity (in algebra) AND….
“Spirt” is a drip under pressure!

29 sourkraut { 06.21.10 at 2:45 pm }

Raver
Re Heston blooming wotsit challenge
Someone please find me a DROVE I can stay away in

30 Mama'sMilk { 06.21.10 at 2:46 pm }

Joanne’s cake looked like one of those boob cakes that certain mothers make for their 5 year olds when its time to celebrate one last breastfeed (you think I’m kidding? I wish I wasn’t)

I actually quite liked Jaime although my take on it was that he just got fed up at trying to have a conversation with two aspiring chefs, only to be faced with two tongue-tied school-girls. Particularly when Jono started the ” I really like the flavours blah blah blah…” Jamie looked like he was annoyed at the sucking up (as opposed to the G’s who usually just lap it up on Masterclass)

I think Jamie O is a genuinely passionate and high-paced fellow who appreciates honest feedback (who was that dinnerlady on that school dinner programme a few years back who just told him it would never work? Hmmm … now I’m wishing Irmgard got to meet Jamie…)

Anyway, I nearly cried when I saw Jono’s face when he hugged Callum because he’d been picked … he really really appreciated it!

PS: and for the record, yesterday I survived 9 toddlers (2 egg allergy, 1 dairy, 2 peanut, 1 gluten) and 18 adults at a 2 year old’s birthday party. Marshmallow sheep cupcakes narrowly beat out yellow coconut chickens to be dish of the day.

31 sourkraut { 06.21.10 at 2:47 pm }

Akris
Jamie is a try-hard and much overrated, for eg using whizzo cheese with honey on top and ground coffee WOW…complex!
URK ,ERK, IRK.

32 akris { 06.21.10 at 3:15 pm }

Mama’sMilk: I think that was my highlight of last night… the hug that Jono gave Callum.. ..

33 akris { 06.21.10 at 3:19 pm }

sourkraut: Glad I’m not the only one that’s not heaping praises on him.

34 Airwalk { 06.21.10 at 4:34 pm }

Fides-is this a conspiracy theory?
Spending all my time looking for them on this blog now as apparently thats all its about…not the cookbooks but the conspiracies….
I love Jon now-he is a star…liked how he told Jo twice in the taxi: ‘its the London Eye! Was waiting for him to slap her … can’t wait for him try’ing to impres Heston…I really think Jon wants to open a restaurant and I would definately try it out.
I too wanted to see Cherish cook something…she obviously gave up on some of the contestants and just told them to cover there blobs with royal icing…Cherish reminded me of a asian pastry chef I used to work with called Piano(great name too)

35 Culinary Boner { 06.21.10 at 5:59 pm }

Maybe Matt’s auditioning for the next Bond film, what with the new Savile Row look he’s sporting. Nah. On second thoughts, make that Austin Powers 4: Custard Galore.

36 pollywaffle { 06.21.10 at 7:08 pm }

CB, is there a role for Geo too? Golly gosh which one?

Theres got to be a black turtleneck somewhere in the MP wardrobe that is dying for a run in London, esp with that biba bob….as long as its the only turtle poking out

37 Injera { 06.21.10 at 7:21 pm }

Essjay: Jamie’s hair reminded me of an old Ali G episode with the singer of the band Travis. Ali G’s response to his fauxhawk? “You having a laugh?”.

CG: Awesome insight into the Langham hairdresser!

Kate (NTK): I also thought it was a wig.

Did I spend most of the episode focussed on hair? Yeah, yeah.

Good observation – whoever made it, sorry! Can’t remember – that George had to stick up for Joanne’s “tits” because he’d helped out with them. When Callum won, Joanne seemed genuinely happy for him, whereas Jono’s look of death really should have ruled him out of being selected for the prize. Still, then we would have missed him making eyes at Heston!

38 Reality Raver { 06.22.10 at 1:20 am }

Culinary Boner – I think Matt Preston would be better cast as Jaws from the Bond films.

Seepi – agree hate fondant, and a hard challenge, I was surprised no one did choux pastry.

Melanie Young – thanks, and masterchef is really starting to gather momentum.

Wursts – LMAO at the Barbara Cartland comment. Jamie also had a ton of make up on to make his face the same colour as his hairs.

Kaylen and Essjayeats – knew I should have started a separate hair post.

Rusty – I thought hygiene was appalling last night, not helped by the example George set.

Anonymouse – I noticed the uke but thought it looked more like a toddlers toy guitar. Yes the chefs did look a bit bewildered by the cameras. I don’t think Masterchef Aust was shown in Spain or Denmark.

TDK – you didn’t find jono’s fandom amusing.

Fides – points to the editors for getting those eyes made it so much more hilarious, and love how they had the crazy eyes going from the beginning of the episode. Great call on the editing missed it completely.

Pollywaffle – they were probably wondering why they were there.

Paul – do you think Jamie was going down the Anthony Bourdain route to keep his energy up?

Akris and Sourkraut – I have to admit I am a fan of Jamie’s I can actually cook his recipes.

MamasMilk – wow congrats on the party sounded difficult.

Duke Nukem – I will have to go and have another look to see Callum thinking Jamie was going to feed him.

KC – after a weak few weeks Callum appears to be coming back into play, whereas Aaron is looking particularly weak.

Fiona – I don’t think Jono will be putting the buffalo ricotta, coffee thing on his future restaurant menu.

CG – LOL about your hair theory. Matt Preston is a twitter addict, but clearly sensitive about his appearance.

Airwalk – to get Irmguard to win you need to tell your friends to read my blog and vote for her….

NT Kate – the contestants must have at least been in premium economy as they would have been shattered by the time they reached London, and they would not have had time to get over their jet lag.

Bee – it was like Jono just wanted to touch him.

Wallah – your comments are a crack up. Good point about whether they were only there for the drinks.

Librarygirl – I wonder if Adam would have been in the mix if his cake had worked. I also want to know why two of them did violet flavoured stuff. Is this the new IT ingredient?

annyb – maybe Cherish will pop up again towards the end of the week

39 get paid to upload { 12.05.10 at 12:47 am }

I can see that you simply are an expert at your field! I’m launching a web internet site quickly, and your details will in all probability be very beneficial for me.. Thanks for all of your help and wishing you all of the success.