Masterchef Australia – Jonathan Dodges Another Bullet?
OK Masterchef nearly tricked me tonight. Jonathan looked so red eyed and defeated in it to camera pieces that I thought he had been rolled. He did look a bit washed out.
But after facing seven elimination challenges he is probably tired, as it means you don’t get a day off as the other contestants do. However Joanne was in the same boat as she had been on six challenges.
Also is there some sort of ratio where there are more hotter guys in cheffing than other professions? Again tonight Masterchef Australia put up another talented chef Brett Graham of The Ledbury as guest judge.
The positives of the episode:
- Brett Graham;
- The fact it was a proper test of their cooking skills not a taste test;
- The way Joanne held her tea cup at the beginning of the episode;
- That Joanne provided the most entertaining moments in a bit of a dull episode, ie her squeamishness with tasting the heart and gutting the bird;
- That the eliminator, Jonathan prevailed.
- Some of the comments they show indicate what the judges are going to say, for example Jono talked about his seasoning and morel mushrooms, so you knew there were going to be issues there;
- It was a tense episode because of the emotional involvement of backing favourite contestants, but it is hard to make it really interesting, possibly because it was difficult for cameras to get into the kitchen;
- At the end with Aaron doing his rock start strut whilst leaving the hotel;
- Not seeing the winning team from yesterday, Marion and Callum, go to their lunch at Pied De Terre.
Gary thought Jonothan’s pigeon was too salty but George thought the sauce was gorgeous,but his morels were over cooked.
Joanne also gleaned some positive comment regarding her pigeon and morels, however her winglets were overcooked, and the onion tart was under.
I loved the question Gary asked Jono as they were waiting to find out who was going to be eliminated.
“What is going to stop you from winning the competition?” I would have answered you two dickheads.
But he said “Myself”.
Joanne was very zen about her elimination, and I really like her comment on saying her husband let me go and follow my dream and find my freedom.
By the way the hypocrite of the week award goes to Fairfax media where in the SMH and The Age they do a shock horror death threats against Joanne story, but the next day allow a story that makes a negative comment about Joanne!