Masterchef Odds For The Week

Here again are the odds again for Masterchef Australia with Paul giving his thoughts on them. I tend to agree I cannot see Marion losing, considering her performance in this week’s episodes. Also if my poll is anything to go by she is the most popular contestant by far.

Paul writes:

For the first time this season, Marion has now moved into an odds-on favourite. Honestly, its so hard to see her getting beaten as she is so skilled in most facets of cooking and is cool under pressure. Jonathan goes out a bit as he seems to make too many silly errors. I can’t see Aaron winning at all and am having my doubts now whether any old contestants will even be reintroduced. And if they are, they probably have no hope now.

$1.90 : Marion

$5.00 : Jonathan

$8.00 : Claire

$9.00 : Adam

$11.00 : Alvin

$21.00 : Callum

$34.00 : Aaron

$41.00 : Any Other Contestant

1 the fifth alament { 06.25.10 at 2:43 pm }

Callum’s great value at those odds, with the preferential treatment/positive edit he’s been getting and the stuff ups he’s survived. It’ll be him and Marion in the final -it’s no coincidence they were paired up in the last challenge. He hasn’t got the skills to beat her, but depending on the demographics the producers want to target…not a bad roughie at all!

2 skye { 06.25.10 at 3:11 pm }

I think Sunday night’s BIG TWIST might be the eliminated contestants coming back to fight it out for a return slot in the competition.

3 NT Kate { 06.25.10 at 6:52 pm }

Agreed Skye.

And I’m not so sure its all so cut and dry – Matt’s comment about Marion’s lack of experience in elimination type challenges coming back to bite her is something to ponder I think, especially given the taste test thingy they used in last years finale.

Also if Johno has a chance to relax and recover from all the stress and get his head in the right place, he might yet be able to pull it off, as might Adam.

4 Cameron { 06.25.10 at 7:29 pm }

Are these actual odds? Can I actually put money on these?
alvin is great value.

5 CG { 06.25.10 at 9:32 pm }

Cameron: bwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Yes, the bookie is Paul. Put up your money now. Paul will pay out based on the odds he has calculated on the day you place your bet. Bet big. Bet now. Paypal accepted.

6 Paul { 06.25.10 at 9:38 pm }

CG,
I wish. Would love to hold money on it. Alas I am not licenced and neither is RR.

Cameron,
Unfortunately as the event is not live (ie a few people in the know will have a distinct advantage) nobody is betting on Masterchef

7 KC { 06.26.10 at 3:08 am }

I’d put Callum in front of Alvin and Adam in front of Clare. Callum seems to be back to his earlier form (probably recovered confidence) and Clare is a really good cook but I personally think even though Adam is about the same level as Clare, he edges her out because he has more unique ideas. They don’t always work but when they do, he kicks butt.

ALL FOR MARION WINNING! 😀 She is seriously a cut above the rest.