Ruby Rose Is Vexed At Julia Gillard’s Stance On Gay Marriage

This is not a political blog, and I avoid it except when Anna Bligh goes on Masterchef Australia or when a former pollie might turn up on Dancing With The Stars. I am still upset that Belinda Neal is not on this season, as I reckon she would scare the crap out of Todd McKenny.

However I was bemused by the tweets of Ruby Rose host of the Ultimate High School Musical (if that gets a second season I will be surprised ).  She was tweeting her frustration with Julia Gillard and that at this stage she has ruled out legalising gay marriage.

The Daily Telegraph said:

An angry Rose ranted: “This morning Julia Gillard said there will be no changes to the marriage act as it is only appropriate a man and woman get married. When asked her personal opinion she stated yes, she also believes this and it reflects community views.. she has not asked the community for their views _ we didn’t even elect her!

Ruby is engaged to model Catherine McNeil, so if they get married they will need to wed overseas. I would love to know her views on Tony Abbott as I don’t think she is going to get any joy from him either on this issue.

1 CG { 07.01.10 at 3:08 pm }

Personally, I think Gillard’s statement that she believes marriage is between and man and a woman is a cover. I reckon she is a lesbian.

Nothing wrong with that. PM of Iceland is a woman and a lesbian and married her partner last weekend (ie while in office) under new marriage equality laws. Canada passed laws allowing and recognising same sex marraige in 2005. I don’t understand what prob is in Aus given Australians tend to lean left on most social policy issues.

Pretty interesting that majority of Australians don’t have an issue with their new PM declaring she is an atheist but still have a problem with same-sex marriage. Identity politics I guess.

2 Matt { 07.01.10 at 11:23 pm }

CG – so Tim Mathieson is what exactly? Just cause he’s a hairdresser doesn’t mean he’s a beard.

As for Ruby Rose, while I agree with her sentiments re gay marriage (my cousin is gay and she and her partner are probably better parents than my wife and I, and I have a very good friend who is trying for a baby with her girlfriend and they’ll be better than all of us…), Ruby is truly as dumb as dogsh*t when it comes to understanding anything about politics.

No-one (except the “good burghers of Griffith”) elected Kevin Rudd.

You elected your own local member, and if they’re in the ALP, they eleted Kevin.

It’s called the Westminster system of government and it’s been around for the past 300-odd years in its current form. Taught in most schools in Australia too, although Ruby doesn’t seem to have listened.

And don’t try the whole “presidential campaign, Kevin 07” crap about how you thought you were voting for Kevin. You weren’t. Ignorance is no excuse, no matter how much of it you have.

3 Sourkraut { 07.02.10 at 12:48 am }

As I said b4
This country gets the politicians it deserves!

4 Paul { 07.02.10 at 10:42 am }
5 Reality Raver { 07.02.10 at 1:50 pm }

CG – Julia is not gay she has had numerous long term relationships with men. If she wins the next election I will be watching carefully to see if one of them was a good or bad break up depending on which portfolio he gets.

Agree with you re: gay marriage it is time, and not logical that it is not.

Matt – it is a pity your summation of the westminster system is not in 140 or less characters so that it could be put on twitter.

Paul – Oh well I am sure Ruby won’t be lonely for long. Every celesbian in town will be texting her today.

6 Dolph Ziggler { 07.02.10 at 3:54 pm }

Dolph’s prepared to give her a memorable time.

7 CG { 07.02.10 at 4:33 pm }

RR: Which members of the “Caucus” has JG had a past relationship with? Did they also get up to give her a blow-wave at 4:30am in the morning as Tim proclaims to do?

8 TheGladeGirl { 09.19.10 at 10:10 pm }

I also believe that JG is covering up her gay/bi lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with being gay/bi but there is a whole lot wrong with lieing to the whole population about it. Remember when Elton John married Renatta a lesbian friend to hide him being gay. Times have moved on by JG just tricked people out of their votes by playing along to the ‘popularist majority’. Shame on her!