Masterchef Australia – This Week’s Odds

Paul again has kindly sent in this week’s odds. I think the big question has to be who thinks Marion won’t win?

Below is his odds and his comments:

$1.90 : Marion

$8.00 : Jonothan

$10.00 : Adam

$11.00 : Claire, Alvin

$14.00 : Peter

$18.00 : Courtney

$21.00 : Callum

$34.00 : Aaron

$41.00 : Jimmy

Marion remains a short priced favourite and in reality she is miles ahead of the rest of the competitors all of whom have some serious flaws. Jono slips back this week as he is just too unpredictable and anyone who hasn’t cooked a risotto before could be in trouble when we get to the last week. Adam is making steady progress whilst Peter and Courtnet did okay on their first week back in the competition. Unless they cook either pasta or Indian for the rest of the comp then Aaron and Jimmy are no hope.

1 seepi { 07.02.10 at 2:07 pm }

Looks about right, except I would put Callum down further – much closer to Aaron than Courtney – I’ve have him at 31.oo not 21.00.
Remember those hacked up lamingtons, and the huge grubby potato?

2 KC { 07.02.10 at 3:06 pm }

I’d put Callum higher up actually, probably ahead of Courtney. I mean he’s the only Gen Y-er left.

I agree with all the top odds except I’d put Clare with Peter because she looks like she can’t handle it anymore and she hasn’t actually put up a really praised dish in AGES.

Poor poor Aaron, a few weeks ago I was such a fan but what happened?

3 Culinary Boner { 07.02.10 at 3:06 pm }

How come there are no odds for a tie?

4 Sooty { 07.02.10 at 3:34 pm }

I am still hoping against hope that one of the men whose names begin with A will win.

Aaron is clearly out of the running. It is slightly possible that Courtney could charge up the back stretch? Maybe?

To be honest, anything but a Marion win would make me happy at this stage. I don’t care if she’s shining and bubbly and adorable and/or adroit. It’s so boringly predictable. And she can’t bake a fecking cake!

5 dmc { 07.02.10 at 3:59 pm }

Do we want unpredictable, or do we want the best cook to win?

6 Sooty { 07.02.10 at 6:04 pm }

I ain’t we.

But if ‘we’ wanted predictable, ‘we’ could have just interviewed the top fifty, had them cook a dish and chosen Marion. Saved a lot of time and expense, and I wouldn’t be writing this now.

And I am yet to be convinced Marion is the best cook. By the way, it seemed to me that Justine was the best cook last year.

7 KC { 07.02.10 at 7:07 pm }

I want the best cook to win. Saves me from having to undergo the same heartbreak I went through last year.

8 pluck a duck { 07.02.10 at 7:23 pm }

The producers of MC are not in to predictability at least as far as the winner of this thing is concerned, so therefore Marion’s “goose is probably already well and truly cooked” on that basis. Rather, the producers seem to be in to whatever will generate the biggest ratings and the next product angle push they have in mind (perhaps The Gruen Transfer on Wednesday gave us some clues on this?) and whether the winner is the best cook is probably a touch incidental. The producers probably determined ages ago the preferred profile of at least the 4 finalists and we’re all just going along for the ride.

9 Sourkraut { 07.03.10 at 7:36 pm }

Cul boner
No odds for a tie yet because Paul has not yet replied to my question of ” what are the odds that the coin will stand upright on its edge” To save Paul the bother of replying I, Dr Sourkraut of the University of Bullshithausen, School of Crapology will supply the odds. They are:
The same as this lot being superior to the MC1 lot. (probably about 1 in 1 googleplex)

10 Anonymous { 07.03.10 at 11:28 pm }