Open Post – Masterchef Australia – Masterclass

I am almost afraid to watch Masterclass tonight after what has gone on over the last few nights, what other ways can they come up with to torture a viewers mind.

Speaking of torture Injera has a blog post on one of Gary Mehigan’s other cooking shows Good Cook Bad Cook.

Anyway here is an open post for people to comment about the episode, Masterchef, or any other thing they care to discuss.

By the way Airwalk I taped that show on SBS last night, it looks really interesting, hopefully will get to watch it on the weekend.

In fact if anyone else has some recommendations of good TV shows or cooking shows please tell us.

Yes and Wurstsemmel my blog on the UK Apprentice will be up tonight. It rocks.

1 seepi { 07.02.10 at 10:17 pm }

What was with that mushroom dust on the risotto?? and even for mushroom risotto george is using wierdo ingredients – mushroom stock ‘from any good providore’ of course. and mushroom dust?? I noticed one person taking a tiny taste of it on its own at the end. Brave soul. It did look silly clumped on the edge of the bowl. The fried mushrooms looked nice though.

I think George must have supported Julie as the winner of last year due to the wierd and exotic food she cooked – 50s Anglo food – something totally out of George’s ken.

As to the Gary George relationship = I do find this fascinating. Gary is always hapy to tell George to serve up the food or cut up a cake, in a chef to apprentice type way. but I think he bows before George’s superior poncy plating skils.

2 Pollywaffle { 07.02.10 at 10:22 pm }

seepi – my spider sense tells me Julie might look a little bit like Geo’s Mum

3 Z { 07.02.10 at 11:05 pm }

…yeah, Adam kinda annoyed with his whole “I don’t like chocolate” angle – particularly when he had one taste of the chocolate and was suddenly like “Wow! Amaaazing! That is incredible”… man, had the guy even eaten good chocolate before?! He sure did “turn a corner” very quickly. At program’s end note George’s look of contempt directed at Adam when Adam describes himself as a “non-chocaholic” but reformed. Hilarious!

4 Wurstsemmel { 07.03.10 at 5:48 pm }

Thanks, RR. Look forward to that. The episode was indeed a cracker.

5 Sourkraut { 07.03.10 at 7:17 pm }

That mushroom dust must have been from magic mushrooms. How else could the tasters have given it such good reviews
HO HUM French food again. Anyone get the impression the Gs are one dimensional.
Must be trying to change the way we eat HAH!

6 Pollywaffle { 07.03.10 at 8:28 pm }

Sour, I was lax to mention the tremendous amout of squaring off that Geo was indulging in last nights ‘class’. Beware the lair who squares, I say.
But in all seriousness d’ya think that Georgie wasnt given Lego and instead had to square off olives while he played in the soil pit?