Marion Grasby Despite Being The Favourite Reckons Jonathan Will Win

Marion Grasby

Masterchef Australia golden girl Marion Grasby has opened up about how exhausted she is in and how upset she was with producers for giving three eliminated contestants another shot at the competition.

In the Sunday Telegraph today she said:

“I was just disappointed because I knew that this was going to take a lot longer than I thought,” she said.

“I certainly wasn’t angry at the contestants themselves. It is really hard to be away from your friends and obviously my partner Tim [Althaus] – we live together. “Just losing that contact with everyone else is really hard.”

Marion said she had underestimated how tough being a reality contestant was, despite having worked as a television reporter for the ABC in Adelaide.

“I have done TV before so I know things take a long time, but I never really thought how much being tired and sustaining energy over a long period of time, months and months … how difficult that would be,” she said.

She also said the judges were not playing favourites:

“I don’t see why the judges would go out on a limb for a TV show contestant like me or anybody else. If we thought that something was going on, we wouldn’t be on the show.

“Well, I wouldn’t be, because that is certainly not fair.”

She also thinks Jonathan Daddia will win because of his technique.

The article also confirmed that Claire and Aaron were unable to hide their emotions and did not take part in the “celebratory drinks” for the eliminated contestants before the cameras in the Masterchef house.

1 GeelongDeano { 07.04.10 at 9:27 am }

Yep, you could tell by Aaron’s body language that he was extremely pissed off about the remaining contestants getting a second chance. It happened last year, so shouldn’t have been a huge surprise. ps. That is a really good photo of Marion.

2 skye { 07.04.10 at 9:48 am }

Is that photo from the WW shoot? She looks pretty gorgeous there.
Aaron and Claire suck. (god I’m in a superficial and immature mood this morning).

3 Fides { 07.04.10 at 10:38 am }

I found these “paparazzi” photos which include some of the contestants waiting for/between shots and other candid photos. Makes me see how much production as Marion mentions goes into what we see, and how tiring it must be for the contestants.

From the photos of the top 7 from last week’s episode where they judge the returnee hopefuls’ food, they look bored and tired. They were probably standing around for ages before the shots of them walking down the pier in the “V” formation happened. Also looks like they are allowed out and about, and Marion’s even talking on a phone.

I want to know why Claire’s photos attract a higher rate too…. interesting. And I think there is a photo of Claire sans shirt… do they really have to get changed from the back of the van?

4 Fides { 07.04.10 at 11:04 am }

Oh I’m being unfair on Claire. Many of the photos are “exclusive” and attract a higher rate – even a photo of Callum with his shopping.

5 Wurstsemmel { 07.04.10 at 3:55 pm }

Off topic -where’s the Apprentice post, RR?

6 Sourkraut { 07.04.10 at 4:36 pm }

Fides
Ifn marion is talking on a SHOCK HORROR phone, why all the fuss about Chris last year.

7 Fides { 07.04.10 at 5:24 pm }

Was the fuss about Chris and the phone to do with getting some advantage in a challenge? Or was he arranging midnight assignations – for some reason I’m imagining his girlfriends rappelling down the walls into the house, though I suppose he could just open the door…

Marion’s photo looks like it’s a day off (she’s dressed quite scruffy compared to her TV appearances) so maybe they’re allowed to have phones so these South Australians don’t get lost in the big smoke. I read last year that Poh and Andre became lost because they did not actually know the address of the MC house when they tried to catch a taxi home.

8 spend a penny { 07.04.10 at 7:22 pm }

Paul, king of the odds I see you are now freelancing as an octopus for the world cup

9 Foodie { 07.04.10 at 7:55 pm }

One Marion spotted on a flight from Sydney to Adelaide on Friday night (2nd July)……. I assume that since contestants aren’t allowed to leave the house unless eliminated, I assume she has been eliminated…….

10 Paul { 07.04.10 at 9:40 pm }

Foodie,
Contestants are allowed to leave the house on occasions. Its not Big Brother.

spend a penny,
No idea what you’re talking about.

11 skye { 07.04.10 at 10:00 pm }
12 gia { 07.04.10 at 10:52 pm }

ya, i have a reliable source who has confirmed that marion is gone tomorrow night. personally, i don’t like that photo..where’s her gorgeous trademark smile?

13 spend a penny { 07.04.10 at 11:08 pm }

thks skye – paul clearly isn’t the media love guru he purports to be

14 AnonyMousse { 07.04.10 at 11:19 pm }

Come on, seriously? You’re taking a swipe at a guy for not knowing about some novelty octopus story? If you’re going to rag on someone, at least do it on something with a scerrick of meaning.

15 spend a penny { 07.04.10 at 11:45 pm }

ok maybe i’ve been a bit harsh but I was sure the punting prince would have his tentacle on the pulse

16 AT { 07.04.10 at 11:49 pm }

Foodie – aren’t the contestants on a break atm?

17 pluck a duck { 07.04.10 at 11:50 pm }

Foodie’s and gia’s “reliable sources” on Marion’s status aside, the timing and tone of the Telegraph article today appear to be almost “telegraphing” (crappy pun intended) that Marion may unfortunately soon be for the “high jump” – that would be sad as on paper, she still seems to be the best cook overall even if she was being modest in giving Jono her “nod of approval”.

As for so called “reliable sources”, there are plenty of those around with for example, some views that some of the contestants seem supposedly more important than others and seem almost to be treated with “cotton wool”.

18 holy crap { 07.04.10 at 11:57 pm }

pluck a duck – why all the “quotation marks” around “everything” that you “write”?

19 Reality Raver { 07.05.10 at 12:38 am }

Really there is no way Marion can go before Aaron. No way.

20 Reality Raver { 07.05.10 at 12:43 am }

I know we are all mature adults on this blog with a lot of wit and fabulously diverse points of view, which makes the blog good (well in my opinion) but can we please debate the comments the people write and not the person.

21 Airwalk { 07.05.10 at 2:47 am }

Must admit I love Paul(the octopus that is)

22 littlepetal { 07.05.10 at 6:24 pm }

If Marion said that, do you think Jono will be in the Top 3?