Masterchef Australia – The Top 9 In Pictures (hilarious)

I tried to post yesterday but had a technical hitch Ie. Me. Simon has sent this in and it is hilarious. Thank you. My fave is Callum.

1 Fides { 07.09.10 at 12:56 pm }

Sorry Raver, I’m only seeing the blue question mark box.

2 Reality Raver { 07.09.10 at 1:02 pm }

Goddamn it I tried to upload it differently and it still isn’t working.Will have one more crack as they are great.

3 Gillian { 07.09.10 at 1:44 pm }

I love the iamges of Alvin, Adam and Aaron. The fact that all their names start with ‘A’ is purely a coincidence -p

4 Fides { 07.09.10 at 2:01 pm }

Love it! Thanks Raver. Jono as the bumbling Peter Sellers in “the Party” is exactly how he came across in one of the London challenges. Alvin does have a strangely shaped head… and oh dear Jimmy!

5 skye { 07.09.10 at 2:04 pm }

That really does look like Alvin!

6 Culinary Boner { 07.09.10 at 2:59 pm }

Num nums, num nums…birdy num nums.
Is Callum Cletus’s love child??

7 ericg { 07.09.10 at 3:12 pm }

Ah… I like! =)

8 duke nukem { 07.09.10 at 3:17 pm }

That’s terrific!

my nickname for Callum is “ratatouille”
(he reminds me of the main character from that Pixar animation).

9 skye { 07.09.10 at 3:31 pm }

We call Callum “Callow”.

10 Culinary Boner { 07.09.10 at 3:41 pm }

From Wiki…Dumb Donald (aka Aaron, according to the hilarious photo collage) — “A lanky but dimwitted fellow; he always wears a green long-sleeved jersey three sizes too big, and a pink stocking cap covering his entire face except his eyes and mouth. Prone to horrible judgement. In the Junkyard Band, Dumb Donald plays a trombone made out of plumbers’ pipe and a morning glory horn from an old Victrola.”

11 littlepetal { 07.09.10 at 3:54 pm }

I can’t have any curries now !!!!! I can see Jimmy in my curries!!!

12 Liss { 07.09.10 at 4:43 pm }

Haha. I love Alvin !

13 CG { 07.09.10 at 5:08 pm }

Alvin, Jono, Callum and Claire are SPOT ON!

I went to school / hung out with Jim Carrey when I was a kid so can’t relate him and Adam. (Jim is 4 years older than me, though and yes, he was very funny as a kid, too)!

14 Pollywaffle { 07.09.10 at 6:18 pm }

Haw Haw though would have put the Macleans Girl for Marion – hey, thats a new line for her….. lemongrass flavoured toothpaste

15 Z { 07.09.10 at 6:37 pm }

Is that Jim Carrey in the Adam photo? It doesn’t look like Jim Carrey to me! However, I can see why Simon chose that pic for Adam though – making fun of his “faux samurai” hair!

Also, Martha Stewart was perfect for Marion until the other night!

16 CG { 07.09.10 at 6:57 pm }

Z: By all accounts, Marion is way too nice, polite and generous to be compared to Martha Stewart. If you want a fun, quick read try “The Best of Friends: Martha and Me” a sorta-autobiography by Martha’s long-time bestie.

17 Sallyan Porter { 07.09.10 at 8:02 pm }

Thank goodness Marions coming back but is it because all the others will be coming back too just give their best wishes to the winner????? That was revealed on Traceys program tonite I couldnt watch MC without Marions smiley face

18 Reality Raver { 07.09.10 at 10:18 pm }

CG – was Jim Carrey funny then?

Pollywaffle – I am sure Marion will be promoting a lot of things soon, at least she won’t be as stiff as Justine on camera.

Duke Nuken – oh yes now that you mention it.

Gillian – I look at them again and they still make me giggle.

Sallyann Porter – when is Marion coming back?

Skye and Liss – it does look like Alvin.

Fides – captures Jono’s eyes perfectly.

Z – It is interesting how Martha gets done for a white collar crime and it barely dints her reputation.

19 AT { 07.09.10 at 10:33 pm }

saw this on messandnoise too :). that pic of jono reminds me of his bit in the intro.

20 Tucson { 07.10.10 at 12:53 am }

CG, you may have spent school days with Jim Carrey but that picture above is not Jim Carrey.

21 Anonymous { 07.10.10 at 12:12 pm }

Tuscon, OK. I thought it looks like Jim Carrey. Who is it?

22 seepi { 07.10.10 at 12:33 pm }

these are so cute!
coulda gone nana mouskouri for marion too.

23 Buzz { 07.10.10 at 10:22 pm }

Love the callum & jono pics – crazy eyes & clearasil.
On a different note saw pohs show today and really enjoyed it – not too pose-y and lots of focus on the food.
My fav MC eps always had a lot of cooking and tasting, but they’ve been a bit too easily distracted lately by dramatic segues, faffing about with frozen peas and shifting locations to try and generate fresh energy.

24 MC Masochist 1 { 07.10.10 at 11:19 pm }

Yeah silly program – jumping the shark – had so much potential too. Poh’s program is good viewing. Hope Marion gets a program on ABC, she has contacts over there after all. Callum seems to have sinus issues as well as skin issues: think he has lots of sponsorship potential but would not give him a job in a kitchen: does not learn by mistakes and does not listen to supervisors. If he wins this program is even more of a joke than it already is: just a cash cow really for 10.

25 eye-can-cook { 07.11.10 at 3:49 am }

agree that nana mouskouri could’ve been used for marion.So what if callum has some acne problems,they seem to have cleared up reacently,besides remember chris from last year and his greasy hair?Yuk!He probably had nits growing under that hat:-)

26 candee { 07.11.10 at 10:36 pm }

spot on with re to jimmy! now whenever i do have curry, i think of jimmy which is terrible considering that his curry today was a near fail!

27 hine { 07.12.10 at 12:55 am }

I noticed Callum has some marks on his face that look like scars(no big deal but just curious). He sweats a lot too. Think he should have just got an apprenticeship and skipped the tv program.

28 Culinary Boner { 07.12.10 at 10:57 am }

hine, Callum’s constant sweating has me thinking the opposite.

Better to have him cooking and sweating in food eaten by Gary, George, Matt and Donna Hay, than to have him hidden from view pouring sweat and puss into food to be consumed by you and me. Someone but him one of those headbands that Borg and McEnroe used to wear. He’d just look naff in a bandana.

29 Yum { 07.16.10 at 12:10 pm }

wtf…this isn’t funny at all.
>:(