Masterchef Australia – Reality Tidbits

There is so much Masterchef Australia media here are some of this week’s links:

The Age has started doing Masterchef recaps and they are amusing – here is the latest one.

Gary Mehigan re-opened his restaurant Fenix last week. The menu will be his upmarket comfort food. (Source: Hospitality Magazine) Here is the link to the dinner menu it looks great.

Interestingly enough on Nine MSN they have a poll about who is your favourite Masterchef Australia judge – and Gary Mehigan has 50% of the vote. Go Gary.

TV Tonight points out that the Daily Telegraph has been giving spoilers away on their site, but saying which Masterchef contestant would be live blogging the following the day. Which of course meant was the one to be eliminated that night!

Ratings for last night 2.47 million, do you think the final will break the four million barrier again?

In this week’s Woman’s Day Claire Winton-Burn and her boyfriend Trevor got papped. They were also trying to whip other whether they were engaged, as she had a ring on THAT finger. Firmspy have a snarky article on the whole affair. I think they must be on team ex-wife, who I am presuming is a lawyer as well.

Also on Nine MSN there is an article where Courtney said Claire likes to be in control. I think after three and a half months I had kind of guessed that. She does seem very hard on herself.

1 Culinary Boner { 07.22.10 at 1:51 pm }

Raver is this really what you wrote about Claire and her boyf? “They were also trying to whip other whether they were engaged, as she had a ring on THAT finger.”

Whipping each other?! In public? I thought Claire said last night she wasn’t big public displays of ‘affection’?

Lucky for the contestants they didn’t hear Matt’s comments last night about how enjoyable he find nuzzling women’s necks… whilst transforming into a tripod mode.

2 Culinary Boner { 07.22.10 at 1:52 pm }

Lucky for the contestants they didn’t hear Matt’s comments last night about how enjoyable he find nuzzling women’s necks… whilst transforming into tripod mode.

3 Culinary Boner { 07.22.10 at 1:52 pm }

oops, did i just double post?

4 dmc { 07.22.10 at 2:24 pm }

Gary has really grown on me in a good way. He’s got energy, he’s fair and he’s not afraid to give it to the contestants if they deserve it. And I like the way he licks the back of his spoon.

5 sourkraut { 07.22.10 at 2:36 pm }

dmc
grown on you like a pimple!

6 Pollywaffle { 07.22.10 at 2:58 pm }

RR re: The Age piece – imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Consistent though that its about 13 weeks late on most issues and loyal readers are not great soakers of stuff outside conventional media – hence the slide splitting kacking of dacks in their blog….. its funny to read the comments as its a time capsule of what this blog has been speaking about in the pre-hysteric days

7 Wurstsemmel { 07.22.10 at 3:31 pm }

CB, I was more concerned that Claire and her bf both got PAPPED. I know there’s been all those ads. urging women to get screened but, surely, this takes it a little too far….although the ex-wife might disagree.

And, CB, so good, you had to post it twice? :)

8 librarygirl { 07.22.10 at 6:06 pm }

absolutely agree pollywaffle – Age writer is copycatting RR!

9 dmc { 07.22.10 at 6:09 pm }

Yikes!

10 Culinary Boner { 07.22.10 at 6:18 pm }

Wurstsemmel, got caught daydreaming and forgot what I was up to. Must be time to go home.

11 Anonymous { 07.22.10 at 6:33 pm }
12 Anonymouse { 07.22.10 at 10:57 pm }
13 scruffnkelsmum { 07.22.10 at 11:02 pm }

very disappointed with tonite’s outcome- sigh…

14 Anonymous { 07.23.10 at 3:30 am }

ditto…mc2 sux

15 littlepetal { 07.23.10 at 11:59 am }

Luckily I didn’t watch Masterchef 1 (which I was told was a better one) and I only have to suffer once.