Final Odds For Masterchef Australia

Here are Paul’s Final two odds for Masterchef basically he is backing Adam for the win.

Here is what he had to say:

$1.40 : Adam

$2.80 : Callum

I would be gobsmacked if Callum made it through to win but he seems to have nine lives. Once again he escaped the other night when Claire made a worse dish than he did. I want to take him to the races next time I go as surely some of his good luck would rub off on me !!!!!!

Adam just doesn’t seem to make too many mistakes and this whole competition is based on who makes the least errors – not necassarily who is the best cook. In that regard he should win but stranger things have happened.

Thanks for these it added a discussion point for Friday on the Masterchef series.

1 littlepetal { 07.23.10 at 11:37 am }

I am with you here. The show is not about the best cook but it is about who get favours from the judges or the producers and luck. I will not be shock if Callum win if the challenges are gear towards his strength.

I will go to Adam’s restaurant anytime but Callum’s restaurant I will have to think about it. I guessed Chocolate Fondant will be on the menu !!!! but I can make that myself.

2 Pollywaffle { 07.23.10 at 11:43 am }

Claires on The Circle – she’s borrowed Jerry Seinfeld’s Puffy Shirt for the occasion – or possibly its one of the lawyer garb undershirts grabbed from wardrobe in the dark,, and her first comment about last night ” World of Pain”…snore

3 Chunks { 07.23.10 at 11:44 am }

Remember that last year was won by Australia’s mumsiest home cook. Besides, it comes down to those two and it comes down to the dish they cooked (can’t resist), so if Callum does better than Adam, presumably he’ll win. If not, Adam will take home the gong. If Marion and Jonno being ousted hasn’t taught you that nothing is certain…

4 Fides { 07.23.10 at 12:26 pm }

In the previews for Sunday, it looks like a cheese basic skills test ie name that cheese. Callum had the private masterclass with the cheese guy so LP the challenges could well favour Callum. If it is a dessert pressure test at the end like last year, you’d think it plays to Callum’s strengths, but Adam’s beaten Callum on the two sweet challenges they’ve done (lamingtons and V8).

5 Anonymous { 07.23.10 at 12:53 pm }

I believe it is a snow egg they have to cook

6 CG { 07.23.10 at 1:05 pm }

If Callum wins or is runner-up, isn’t it convenient that he got the special session and screen time with Jamie Oliver (along with Jono) when they were in London. Callum is being positioned as Aus’s next JO. His upcoming appearances on Junior MC are consistent with JO’s campaign and Ch10 Friday night show about food for the littlies.

7 Fides { 07.23.10 at 1:05 pm }

Thanks Anonymous. Yay it’s eggs! Even though I know it’s not egg eggs (except for the meringue part), that’s Adam’s strength. And was it Peter Gilmore’s rotund form I saw lifting the cloche?

8 Fides { 07.23.10 at 1:06 pm }

Sorry RR, should I be discussing this is spoiler thread?

9 Ellie { 07.23.10 at 1:23 pm }

I spotted Quay’s Peter Gilmore on last night preview. Pretty sure he is the guest judge for the finale on Sunday. It makes sense that the two are making his signature snow egg dessert.

10 Anonymous { 07.23.10 at 1:36 pm }

yeah fides maybe if we want to muse about hats on sunday we should pop over to http://www.realityravings.com/2010/06/15/spoiler-thread-masterchef-australia/ cause some ple want surprises?

11 Fides { 07.23.10 at 1:40 pm }

Agree! Sorry everyone!

12 rusty { 07.23.10 at 3:36 pm }

i don’t care who wins, as long as we get some original dialogue and someone finally manages to produce something beyond what anyone has yet produced.

( I didn’t watch MC1. Surely not a “what cheese is this?” finale? WTF?)

13 Fides { 07.23.10 at 4:15 pm }

Rusty – if the finale is anything like last year, they have a few rounds and are awarded points for each round. Last year they had a taste test as the first round, then invention test, then pressure test. I think Matt has said this year’s format has been modified a little, but it does look like one part is definitely a non cooking challenge, with a row of cloches. They do show a plate with different cheeses but it could be for something else entirely…

14 littlepetal { 07.23.10 at 6:12 pm }

I ready do hope there are more cooking in the Finale. You don’t pick a winner based on identifying cheeses. I think Callum will win to annoy the hell out of me !!!!

15 pluck a duck { 07.23.10 at 8:48 pm }

littlepetal (at 14) – I agree with you re Callum, but I think CG (at 6) has nailed why Callum is more likely to win – the result looks like it’s been scripted so to speak for a long time, and maybe the likes of Marion and Jono had to be collateral damage to get him there.

16 rusty { 07.23.10 at 9:38 pm }

No I think Adam will be allowed to win.

I think Callum is serious enough about being a chef – and he’s had loads of apprentice-type offers – that he’d be distracted from if he won. MC is the short road to exposure and maybe fame. It’s not much to do with real work. And i think Callum, for all his foibles and failings, may actually prefer the hard road to chefery.

god knows he’s the only one, looking at that 24, who has the interest and potential.

Just as long as he doesn’t mention a range of sauces.

17 pluck a duck { 07.23.10 at 9:56 pm }

Rusty – I wouldn’t want to be standing between Callum and a bag of money (eg from a TV show etc), if the alternative was 4 years of hard labour as an apprentice chef.

18 Jenny Draut { 07.24.10 at 6:03 pm }

lets hope you are right this time for real, Adam wins. Paul

i certainly will not eat in Callum’s restaurant, the thought of his sweat dripping into his cooking enough to make me gag

19 rusty { 07.25.10 at 11:01 pm }

plucka,

I was right. Callum to be an apprentice, – and very happy, no doubt with it. Astonishing as it may be to most of you, some people actually don’t mind hard work. Amazing, init!