Julie Goodwin’s Cooking Show To Premier on August 7

Last year’s winner of Masterchef Australia will premiere her new cooking show, Home Cooked, on Saturday August 7 at 5.30pm on Channel 9.

The media release provides further information:

“I have been so encouraged by the number of people who have told me they’ve rediscovered a passion for cooking. For me there’s nothing more important and enjoyable than bringing family and friends together for a home-cooked meal,” Julie said.

Her recipes range from ones passed down through generations of her own family to specially designed dishes for working mums and dads pressed for time. All of them are easy to cook, delicious to eat and designed to impress. Julie’s aim is to inspire a new generation of home-cooking champions.

Each Home Cooked! episode will have a mouth-watering theme to complement Julie’s no-fuss focus, along with a celebrity guest who will learn some of Julie’s tips and tricks for creating meals at home. Guests include Steve Waugh, Amanda Keller and Ricki-Lee Coulter.

The program begins with Winter Warmers, a feast of delicious comfort foods that will have you wishing it was winter all year round, such as succulent slow-cooked lamb shanks and crispy pork belly with Julie’s secret to crispy crackling. Underbelly’s Gyton Grantley will drop by for a real winter comforter – thick chicken noodle soup – before Julie turns up the heat in the kitchen with an indulgent chocolate fondant.

“We’re all so busy these days that people don’t feel they have the time to cook. So I really want to show the audience how quick and easy meals can be fun to make and delicious to eat,” Julie said.

Hopefully Injera will review the cooking show on her blog Blah Blog Blah where she reviews quite a few cooking shows.

1 Lindy { 07.23.10 at 7:01 pm }

Is this going out on free to air or Pay TV?

2 Injera { 07.23.10 at 7:08 pm }

Thanks for the plug – will have to put it in the schedule. Is it going to be on Nine?

3 Reality Raver { 07.23.10 at 7:20 pm }

Whoops forgot to mention the all important Channel Nine

4 AnonyMousse { 07.23.10 at 7:24 pm }

So… did Channel 10 do anything with season 1’s cooks? Anything at all?

If season 1’s lot had trouble finding media jobs, it probably means there’ll be diminishing returns on what contestants can get out of future seasons. It’ll be interesting to see how many of season 5’s contestants get a decent food job, for example (if the show doesn’t implode before then).

5 Kaylen { 07.23.10 at 7:25 pm }

I’ll check it out, at least, just to see what it’s like. :)

6 rusty { 07.24.10 at 12:10 am }

what is it with crispy pork belly everywhere?

MC’s signature dish ie. the most imitated?

7 Jenny Draut { 07.24.10 at 2:21 pm }

obviously Ch9 running out of real talented cook/chef on the show, bringing someone to make fatty food etc…

aussies make sure you dont fatten your kids by copying the recipes and feeding your kids with crap

cos Ch9 just lost me as a viewer

8 Asteroth { 07.24.10 at 2:32 pm }

i so agree with JD!!

Channel 9 is getting very desperate, food by beached whale, specifically designed to bloat up the general public & turn them into balls of blubber by copying her recipies & turning into Orca themselves….. I guess on her part it’s a form of reproduction.

9 Paul { 07.24.10 at 5:42 pm }

LOL Jenny – I guess you wouldn’t watch Lifestyle Food on Foxtel too often then. Nearly everything is what you could classify as ‘fatty’.

As for the show – Saturday 5.30pm is a bit of a nothing timeslot but it does give Julie a chance to make it her own.

I’m always happy to give a food/cooking show a chance so best of luck to Julie.

10 Muru { 07.25.10 at 5:30 am }

Channel 9 lost me as a viewer when they started viewing 4-5 episodes of Two and a Half Man each weeknight, which was some years ago now. And Julie Goodwin’s cooking show will make sure I’ll never regret that decision.

11 Oscar { 07.26.10 at 7:22 pm }

what can i say about julie, Boring, Boring, Boring…….. thank God this years winner has some talent, personality together with some inventiveness.

12 Maeve { 07.28.10 at 3:39 pm }

I love Julie and think she’ll make a great host! She also cooks easy recipes that I feel I can cook myself!! I’ll be watching..

13 Lisa { 08.07.10 at 6:52 pm }

Yuk,,, Gyton Grantley has got dirty fingernails and he’s helping julie cook on national TV….how disgusting!

14 Barry K { 08.08.10 at 10:14 am }

Watched Julie first cooking show on the TV thought it was great.

15 helen g { 08.08.10 at 1:16 pm }

Loved the show but nbn went off the air and I missed the website address. I would love the recipes

16 Barry K { 08.08.10 at 2:01 pm }

I’m with helen g, I’d love the recipes too

17 helen g { 08.08.10 at 2:38 pm }

Can anyone help to get the recipes Julie cooked on Saturday night?

18 Kayt Dawson { 08.08.10 at 4:28 pm }

I would love the recipes from Saturdays show i thought it would come up at the end ! Would love them if anyone has them!

19 Reality Raver { 08.08.10 at 6:31 pm }
20 helen g { 08.09.10 at 11:03 am }

I want the lamb shank and pork recipes. Can anyone help?

21 Chaz { 08.09.10 at 2:22 pm }

Watched the show and can only say I hope it gets better!
It was like turning the culinary clock back a few decades.
Very dissapointing that the ‘message’ behind the series is no more than ‘cook basic food’

22 Ann { 08.09.10 at 6:32 pm }

Julie, Loved the show. I cooked pork belly on Sunday night using your recipe. The whole family loved it said it was the best meal they have had! Will be cooking this meal again. Good luck in the future

23 Ben { 08.14.10 at 6:57 pm }

Watching the show right now. Very disappointing to see that Julie, while making her “family favourite” of hamburgers, for some reason uses latex gloves for handling the meat (god knows why you would bother when cooking for your own family), but then when she pats the top of the burger bun down she has a dirty great band-aid on, which was nearly a foot wide on the big-screen. Gross. I know she’s encouraging amateur cooks, and I know she is one, but if she’s on TV she better lift her game, and at least try to look professional. And by that I don’t mean wearing bright-blue band-aids. Maybe she should work on her knife skills before she carries on instructing others how to cook.

24 helen g { 08.14.10 at 7:33 pm }

can anybody give me the website for the recipes please. By the way Ben Julie was not cooking for her family she was cooking for the Waugh family

25 Injera { 08.14.10 at 7:50 pm }

The website was given upthread.

26 Ben { 08.15.10 at 11:18 am }

Helen seems to have missed my point altogether. Never mind.
It doesn’t matter which family she cooks for- She was demonstrating home cookery, yes? Sheesh!
Here’s a tip: If only showing your hands in frame, and you’ve got a problem like a filthy band-aid on your finger, use a hand model to put the bun on top, or don’t bother showing the bun going on top, just show the finished product. It’s about professionalism. I don’t know what she’s getting paid for this, or the director, but it’s too much. By the way, how come channel ten didn’t want her- Masterchef machine has chewed her up and spat her out, she hasn’t made the grade (compared to Po, who does demonstrate flair and professionalism, while still being approachable for home cooks), and now channel nine picks up the leftovers, and does a drunken fry-up of a TV show for losers like me who channel surf on saturday afternoon. Nice.
And I though Huewy was bad. At least he’s actually worked in a few restaurants. Now we have a new TV cook who can’t even mince garlic properly.

27 Rebecca { 08.15.10 at 5:53 pm }

Ben, I wear latex gloves when using minced meat because I get allergies from the preservatives in the raw meat. I didn’t see the patties getting flattened as I’d left the room.

But having missed the bandaid bit, I quite enjoyed the show. Nice to see simple food being made for a change. She comes across as the kind of person who loves to cook and involve family in cooking.

28 David Pollock { 09.19.10 at 6:09 am }

I am a retired professional chef and I have written to various cooking shows to complain about hygene problems.
Eg Wiping nose/licking fingers/scratching head/sneezing Etc.
I have never received an answer from any of them.
Food poisoning is very nasty for the patient and can even cause death.
These shows should consult their local health departments for advise or hire an expert.
Most of these cowboys/girls would never get a job in my kitchen.

29 pauline { 11.01.10 at 4:40 pm }

I think Julies show is great with recipes that are easy for the mums and dads to make and she explains how to do it very well great job Julie and channel 9