Masterchef Australia Finale- Open Post or Live Blog

Finally after three and a half months it is now time for the Masterchef Australia Season 2 finale.

Adam Liaw and Callum will go head to head to see who takes out the cash and the cookbook deal.

But first thank you to all the readers and commenters who have been coming to this blog the last few months, Masterchef would not have been as much fun without you.

Hopefully some of you will stick around and continue to read the blog, yes I do write about things other than Masterchef.

Also please tell me which shows Β or people you like to read about.

Anyway thanks and game on.

1 Airwalk { 07.26.10 at 4:05 am }

Anonymousse-Eggs Benedict is poached eggs(with hollandaise on top) I will bet you any amount of money that you would not think its tastes anything like lemon curd.
MC Junior I think starts in October-good timing for Gollums involvement.
And what was offered at Vue was a ‘stage’ (french pronounciation starj)
thanks RR its been a blast-I don’t really do most reality tv but have been having a lok an Apprentice UK so will check out your blog for that. Its been great to read everyones posts ‘waves at CG’ :)

2 Airwalk { 07.26.10 at 4:44 am }

oh i am a big top chef fan(atch it online). if you blog tc?)

3 littlepetal { 07.26.10 at 6:06 am }

Donna Hay tweeted yesterday at around noon that she is going to the studio for rehearsal!!! All she did was walk in and she has to be there in the afternoon for rehearsal. LOL

4 Muru { 07.26.10 at 7:50 am }

Well, I’m disappointed with the result, but I saw this coming from miles away.

One thing’s for certain: I won’t be buying Adam Liaw’s cookbook. There’s no way that I’ll be supporting somebody who’s clearly homophobic and just plain creepy based on his old tweets. What a great guy we have representing Australia’s culinary world.

Oh, and yeah, I literally lol’d when Julie Goodwin was labelled as an “acclaimed chef.” Funniest thing I’ve heard all year!

5 Anonymous { 07.26.10 at 12:51 pm }

One thing re:Callum, good strategy in the comp to make a spare of everything but I don’t think doubling the kitchens food cost will go down well in a commercial kitchen. WIll be interesting to see if(and when) he takes up Georges offer-didn’t help Aaron from last year with his cooking career did it? 6 months scholarship-does that help his apprenticeship? He’s a nice lad and did well in a national tv prog but don’t see he will be a great chef(as in a real masterchef). Stick with your engineering mate, all my friends from uni who did engineering are doing very well and have never worked as hard as I have in hospitality(thnk they all have a thermomix too which cost 2 grand). I have had apprentices younger and better than him(yeah some worse too) but for gods sake going on how he is only 20-whooptie doo, he cooked some crap and copied most of his decent stuff off others. So he can follow a recipe? Anyway not having a go but…
Muru I read Adams homo comment on his twitter at the beginning of the comp but don’t remember it or any of the weird things well so remind us? Yeah Julie Goodwin a chef my *&^(

6 Anonymous { 07.26.10 at 1:06 pm }

Aaron Thomas from last year: Aaron Thomas was also burnt. Originally seen as a rising star, he was given an apprenticeship at George Calombaris’ restaurant. But a fallout with the owners at his next job has seen him leave the ladle for a career in finance.

7 MrSwinger { 07.26.10 at 3:28 pm }

Well, to be frank Aaron from last season was an insufferable d-bag with delusions of grandeur (didn’t he leave George’s restaurant for a head chef position he was in no way ready for, and fail miserably as expected?), whereas Callum has a more realistic idea of the kind of work he’s going to have to put in.

I honestly think Callum is the single most likely of any of the contestants to end up as a chef… in 5 years or so.

8 Kaylen { 07.26.10 at 3:45 pm }

In five years or so, we’ll all be asking who the hell any of these people are. πŸ˜‰