Masterchef Australia – The Finale
I am not going to talk that much about tonight’s finale between Adam and Callum because I am just going to presume you have all seen it.
Like a lot of finales on TV I thought this one lacked a lot of tension, as it became apparent early on that Callum should not win. Seriously he should have been deducted five points for identifying hollandaise as lemon curd. He was four points behind after the basic skill test and I thought he was given some very generous marks for his assiette of chicken and pea dish which he did for his invention test. But compared to Adam’s pork belly which looked so much more complex and luscious.
Interesting things to note from the evening:
- Claire not looking particularly enthusiastic when Adam and Callum walked in to the Masterchef Kitchen;
- That neither could identify a guava straight away;
- However Adam redeemed himself by picking romesco sauce, I had never heard of it. At first I thought it was harissa until they started shovelling it into their mouths;
- Callum should have been put out of his misery once he put cream in his omelette;
- No Adam Molenas and Adriano Zumbo in the final scene; and
- Julie Goodwin being called an acclaimed chef by George Calombaris.
Once they started scoring Peter Gilmore’s deluxe snow egg you knew that Adam was going to win.
George showed how cunning he was by offering Callum a culinary scholarship on national TV, as it would have made it difficult to turn down the low paying traineeship. Also it meant George got to snaffle Callum’s talent for himself, when he knew Shannon Bennett from Vue Du Monde was keen on him as well.
What now for Adam? Well a cookbook, and hopefully he will open some sort of eating establishment. I wonder how his girlfriend feels about having to move to Australia. Looking forward to seeing more of him soon.
Tomorrow the season wrap-up.
Winners of the competition are FibashfulBee, JPW, and Stephanie. Can you email me with your postal address, or I will try and find you email addresses on my dashboard.