Australia’s Next Top Model – It Needs To Be Amped Up A Bit.

One of the most entertaining aspects of tonight’s show was when the judging panel were doing an advertisement for Pineapple Dance Studio (a show on Fox 8 on Monday nights). I thought it weas interesting that Alex Perry thought he was closest to Andrew Stoner who reminds me of ’80’s icon Marilyn.

I don’t know why but I am slow to get into Australia’s Next Top Model this season. The girls are so vacuous, with no strong personalities amongst them. Josh Flint is a step up from Jonathan Pease but he is not exactly exuding witty one liners.

Back to the girls Kirsty the alleged bogan from the Gold Coast is the one getting most of the airtime, but she is not producing that much drama.

Here are some quick thoughts on the episode:

• Amanda gets points for using the word clacker on a reality show, when she knew she was going to get in trouble talking to the press at the Vivid show.
  • They are presenting Kirsty as this year’s bogan but I find Avon lady Sophie a bit of one also. Particularly her episode over her hair make over, she did not like not being blond, and got out some hideous peroxide blonde extensions and tried to put them and style them. Then whined down the phone to her mother who sounded like Kath Day-Knight;
  • Last year’s winner Tahnee made an appearance with her Nivea products, and made the girls take off their make up, and ye
  • Kelsey looks like she could be the resident bitch of the house;
  • I think Chantel is stunning but can’t see her there at the end of the competition;
  • Another favourite is Jessica with her more unusual look, she reminds me a bit of Petrova from Season 1 Project Runway Australia;
  • I noticed tonight there was not much footage of the models in the house, which would indicate they are dull;
  • Bottom two were Ashton and Brittany with Ashton being eliminated. Even this decision was uncontroversial.

1 slippy { 08.03.10 at 11:55 pm }

They still need to spend more time showing the photos too. It’s up from last year, but I’d like to have more time to check out the pics properly. I also tried the Foxtel “chat” feature. For about 2 mins. *ack*

2 Paul { 08.04.10 at 10:24 am }

Just can’t watch it this year RR.

Saw last weeks episode and could barely concentrate and last night managed to get through 20 minutes before packing it in.

You’re right – the contestants just don’t have any x factor this year and I feel like I’ve seen them all before.

Don’t know if middle of winter is the right timeslot. Why not during Autumn when the various fashion weeks are on or in Spring when people are getting dressed up for the races.

3 rach { 08.04.10 at 1:29 pm }

Err – given that the ‘gold coast bogan’s’ name is Kimberley aka Kim, she does seem to be very unmemorable.

But I agree – Sophie is far more a bogan….

On a side note I did not think that hair was done well for quite a few of them. They look less like top models and more like grid girls!

4 2 weeks in, two stinkers. { 08.04.10 at 1:41 pm }

Rach…grid girls. You have hit the nail on the head.
I’m not sure how much longer I can give this show.

5 Reality Raver { 08.04.10 at 3:38 pm }

Rach – sorry I had been lulled into a catatonic state by the end of the show. Hence the name stuff up.
Love the grid girl comment.
Paul – well I stuck out the 60 minutes and then thought oh what to write about.

Slippey – yes about the photos also I would like to know how they decide which one to show.

6 Culinary Boner { 08.04.10 at 5:56 pm }

What kind of perversion is a ‘grid girl’?

7 KC { 08.04.10 at 11:59 pm }

I have friends saying the exact same thing. No one is really that special or different and they all kind of blend into a blur.

But for me, I really like it because I enjoy watching modeling reality shows for their modeling and what they do and the drama comes second for me. They aren’t the best models but when they take the photos and stuff and I see them do their stuff, I find it really interesting. But I do agree that no one is really standing out.

8 medion { 08.10.10 at 10:46 am }

Kirsty? You mean Kimberley?

9 gnomeangel » Blog Archive » BLOG LOVE: REALITY RAVINGS { 08.14.10 at 9:31 am }

[…] Now I read to see what my two favourite fashion bitches are up to, to find out how life after Masterchef is working out for the contestants and to find other reality television crushes. […]