Junior Masterchef Advertisement

Ok this is a great ad, and I am starting to think I might be interested in watching it, they look like they are plating up some good dishes.

1 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 08.05.10 at 10:23 am }

Some of these Juniors plated up better meals than the top 10 in the current series – bless their lil socks!

2 rusty { 08.05.10 at 10:36 am }

It looks unbelievably cute – and a lot more honest than the adults. Did that child kick Matt? I hope so …

I think I’m going to have to watch it too.

3 Soni { 08.05.10 at 11:21 am }

Had no interest until I saw this ad. Makes me a bit teary really. If I was their parents I would be extremely proud!!!

4 Heléna { 08.05.10 at 11:58 am }

it looks great :o) after I saw this ad I hoped you might watch and blog about the episodes – there will be less episodes per week :)

5 Muru { 08.05.10 at 12:14 pm }

“they look like they are plating up some good dishes.”

Isn’t that always the case with the advertisements? What did you expect, that the producers were going to show all the bad dishes they plated and prove how terrible they all are? Nonsense. It’s all selective to try and draw us in. Of course, what they did show looked decent, but we’ll never know how many bad dishes were plated up for every decent one.

Probably won’t be watching it. I’m all Masterchef’d out for a year or two after the atrocity that was Season 2.

6 MolksTVTalk { 08.05.10 at 12:46 pm }

Oh, I’ll be watching… 😉 …and tweeting…

7 skye { 08.05.10 at 12:58 pm }

I have been watching this promo with my 4 yo son every day since M/C ended. He is obsessed, and clamouring for this to be on TV – every day he asks me “Can we watch Children’s Masterchef today?” If he’s in any way representative then this should be a ratings hit for families. I’m thinking Sunday night 6.30pm or 7.30pm.

8 Paul { 08.05.10 at 1:45 pm }

Prediction : Will hit the 2 million mark at one stage or another.

Looks great from the adverts.

9 Pollywaffle { 08.05.10 at 1:57 pm }

Paul – cant fool me …I’ve seen ” Inception ” ( the movie)…I know what you are trying to do

10 Reality Raver { 08.05.10 at 4:10 pm }

Helena – I might blog on it but will have strict commenting rules in place, ie can talk about the kids dishes but not slag off the kids. Of course the judges is are another story entirely.

Pollywaffle – Off topic am I the only person to have not seen Inception?

11 MolksTVTalk { 08.05.10 at 4:34 pm }

RR – I haven’t seen Inception yet either. Time poor for movies ATM.

12 Heléna { 08.05.10 at 5:35 pm }

@ Sky – my 6yo is the same! – I think it will be a huge hit with families at an earlier time slot

@RR good point about the commenting rules, if you go ahead I know I will love reading your re-caps :)

13 Culinary Boner { 08.05.10 at 6:04 pm }

I have one fear with this though.
While the show will hopefully inspire young kids to take an interest in cooking and also eating more veg and new cuisines, will the ads (and the big kid’s food manufacturers) send an entirely contrary message?
Will kids watching be inundated with ads for crap processed foods and Ronald eff’n McDonald?
Or will Ten show some commonsense and restraint?
My daughter is looking forward to this.
I hope they don’t ruin it. But I won’t be surprised if they do.

14 Pollywaffle { 08.05.10 at 6:08 pm }

RR – save your pennies for that macaron tower – Incepton is the movie equivalent of …

‘picture of boy holding a cornflake packet with a picture of a boy holding a cornflake packet….” I promise you , it will dull your senses

15 Culinary Boner { 08.05.10 at 6:36 pm }

Speaking of inappropriate and young children, how are they going to stop that paedo pervert Dennis Fergusson watching this show? Why aren’t Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt and Derryn Hinch asking Abbott and Gillard what they plan to do about this? This is, afterall, a law-and-order federal election, isn’t it?

16 Pollywaffle { 08.05.10 at 7:28 pm }

Im more worried about the linguistic fallout from exposing Geo to young minds up close and en masse – ” youse kids ave a lot of alaments to gut to noah in a shought spaace of tyme”

17 Pollywaffle { 08.05.10 at 11:35 pm }

Is the Masterchef kiddo thing gonna be good for the modern family….

Montana: Mu-um why cant we go to the Press Club for my birthday?

Mum: Well my little lady thats because it would be $45 a head for 20 people and Im only talking about the amuse bouche

Montana: But Mu-um, gimme a break, Allycon had hers at ‘Hearth’ and she hasnt stopped talking about it – especially the wacky clowness with the husky voice

18 connor's mum { 08.08.10 at 12:42 pm }

Anna Gare is terrific. Not sure if you’ve seen the Australian version of “The Best” but while that Irish tosser from Sydney and Bender Donoghue or whatever his name is were cooking lark’s tongue with aspic, Anna would be cooking flavoursome, replicatable food (and beating the other two more than regularly). Her current show (which i’ve only seen once) also looks OK. I think she’s got a bunch of kids so no doubt she’ll bring some “mum empathy” to the show… she used to be a Jam Tart didn’t she?

19 Fides { 08.08.10 at 2:13 pm }

I’ve been looking forward to kiddie MC ever since I read that Gary actually learnt how to properly use a microplane by watching a ten year old who was using it on the show. As Gary said ( I think it was in a TV guide magazine snippet) – it’s like the 10 year old had actually read the instructions so knew how to use it, as opposed to a normal grater. And what’s also funny is that Gary then had to rush over and show George.

One of the ten year olds I teach would regularly make Friday masterclass recipes from normal MC on the Saturday – ritual was for her parents to buy the ingredients on the Sat morning and then she’d let loose in the kitchen in the afternoon. Puts me to shame… anyway, my student is devastated she didn’t know about Junior MC auditions because I can see her having lengthy discussions with MP and leaving him speechless.

20 BarbM { 11.16.10 at 9:41 am }

My phone ran hot last night after the show, one of disbelief considering the 11/10 score received by Jack.
One sided and makes you believe it was a foregone conclusion and those rated 11 scores were to make the competition appear closer. It could have been handled better, by selecting 5 unknown judges and the challenge plate by number not by contestant.
You have contradicted yourself, either Jack’s was the better by your own admission with the scores, or it was not! To have exceeded the chef’s own creation, he should have won hands down.
A far better choice all round for all, would have been to have had 2 Junior Master Chiefs of Australia, male and female! But now all you have done is isolated many viewers who will see this as being rigged, just like the Japanese Iron Chef that none of us no longer watch either.
You may be wasting your time setting up for 2011 2nd series, because if my friends and their friends are anything to go by, you have just lost a lot of viewers. One sided, favoritism, and an all round fiasco. I am out, never to be viewed again in this house.