Come Dine With Me – Helen Decides To Be Scrag

The casting people of Come Dine With Me Australia need a bonus as this week’s five are a great mix. The eccentric, the young fogey, the scrag, the nice girl and the yob.  It created a nice mix of rapport and friction.

It was Joan Hangar’s the dream analyst turn to cook last night on Come Dine With Me Australia, who again shows why the women who wrote the 4 ingredients cookbooks are so popular. Her menu was Ham and Pea soup, salmon with creamed potatoes and beans, and GMTV Richard Arnold’s Ripple. I don’t think being actually able to cook is a pre-requisite on this show.

Ironically the one I thought looked the worse the dessert which were biscuits dipped in sherry covered in whipped cream were the biggest hit.

Anyway tonight Helen who was having a go at Joan for not being as classy as she thought she was going to be was prepared to find fault with everything. Even the Freedom Furniture, which I had always thought was one notch above Ikea.

Also Helen continue to be a scrag when the salmon course was served, complaining her fish was undercooked. Quite frankly I thought it looked perfectly cooked. But maybe she is the type to order her steak well done.

Joan tonight revealed that she had been Diana’s dream analyst which was met with mixed reactions, and Helen thought talking about it meant Joan really had low self-esteem, because really Helen must have thought what Joan really wanted to be doing was serving pastizzi’s to 8 year olds….

Actually I think Helen did herself a disservice as Taylor the young fogey thinks Joan is divine, and Paula just seems a like a genuinely nice girl (I bet she wins the week).  Ray again showed he was more comfortable with blokes when he and Taylor had a beer skulling competition, which really got me asking how old is he?

Anyway food looked like nice home cooking, as long as she used fresh oysters NOT canned oysters for the shots she served at the start of the evening.

At this stage of the week I think they start scoring on personality rather then the food.

Paula gave a 6, Ray a 5, Taylor a 8, Helen a 4 for a total of 23.

Tonight Paula’s turn and it looks like the tiredness of the week is starting to kick in.

I wonder if they ever get to an episode where a guest doesn’t bother showing up.

1 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 08.26.10 at 3:11 pm }

Oh Helen, have you not heard “if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all…”? Guess we can’t have a mute dinner party guest though can we? Can’t WAIT to see what Taylor comes up with – I have high expectations for that boy.

2 deirdre smith { 08.27.10 at 2:56 pm }

I really think Helen is the type of person who likes to make big of herself to make others look small. It’s very sad that these unlucky people have to suffer her insults and her bragging. Not very classy at all!

3 deirdre smith { 08.27.10 at 3:00 pm }

Enough about Helen blowing her own trumpet . Paula seems nice, Taylor has a wicked sense of humour, I really like him and Joan is an absolute lady,love her .

4 Retro Rachel { 08.27.10 at 4:04 pm }

Helen is a revolting specimen. She has no class and she is clearly two-faced.
Maybe she can learn a thing or two from Joan – especially how to be a decent person.

5 Maria Shaw { 08.28.10 at 12:17 am }

Helen, Helen, Helen, people who live in glass house’s must not throw stones. you are very critical of other people I hope you sit back and watch yourself and realise what an arse you made of yourself !!!!

6 PinkPatentMaryJanes { 08.28.10 at 11:13 am }

Helen: aka the world’s rudest woman: “His food was shit” of Taylor’s menu. Um, the lad made a vichyssoise which he offered to heat up – repeatedly. He made his own pizza dough as well. Then he made his granny’s schinitzel, latkes and spinach. That’s cute, even if not fine dining. Followed by home-made sticky date cake, caramel sauce, praline and home-made ice- cream – that’s a lot tougher than pouring sweet chilli sauce on a cooked lobster love!

Hurrah for Paula’s win, she’s a sweetie who obviously put a lot of thought into her food – and the fact that it was the fourth day and people would be stuffed full of rich food.

I adore Joan, she’s a sweetie and an utterly fabulous woman.

Bring on next week!

7 Dakota { 08.29.10 at 2:47 pm }

I seriously believe Taylor’s episode to be one of the best and funniest of the Aussie Series! You could tell James Valentine actually liked him just by the nice sarcasm as opposed to the biting sarcasm aimed at Helen. A little disappointed by the winner though I have to admit.